Found Deceased TX - Chayse Olivarez, 17, Rio Grande City, 29 July 2017 *Arrests*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Chase Olivarez, 17, was expected to meet some friends at Basilio Villarreal Municipal Park at about 2 p.m. on Saturday to play basketball, but he never arrived, according to Rio Grande City police Lt. Santiago Alaniz.

Olivarez was reportedly last seen wearing a grey shirt, shorts, and grey Under Armour shoes with black Under Armour socks.

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/rio-grande-city-police-search-for-missing-teen

86bfb8bd476bd481ec820a51f54abfb9.jpg

Rio Grande City Police Department charged a juvenile with the murder in connection with the disappearance of Chayse Olivarez who went missing on July 30.

Starr County Sheriff’s Department investigators arrested a second juvenile for the charge of tampering with evidence and failure to report a felony.

On Friday, Texas Rangers arrested a 17-year-old from Rio Grande City, Texas for the charge of capital murder in connection with the disappearance of Chayse Olivarez.

The names of the teens arrested will be released upon their arraignments.

The juveniles will be detained at the Starr County Juvenile Detention facility pending further proceedings.

http://www.krgv.com/story/36120258/...in-connection-to-rio-grande-city-teens-murder

Oh my.....very sad. What a waste....RIP Chase.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Oh no! #tears whyyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually you can get a scoop from "interesting comments" in this case not so much.

On Saturday, human body remains were discovered in Roma near Humminbird Street.

229th Judicial District Attorney Omar Escobar confirmed Wednesday that those remains belonged to Chayse Olivarez, 17, who was last seen on June 29 in Rio Grande City.

Preliminary reports suggest that Olivarez died as a result of at least one gunshot wound.

http://valleycentral.com/news/local...-missing-rio-grande-city-teen-have-been-found

"A deeply personal reason" I wonder what that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final juvenile in Starr County murder case certified as adult

The final juvenile defendant in the Chayse Olivarez murder case was certified to stand trial as an adult Tuesday, the final step in prosecutors’ goal of having all four teenagers accused in last summer’s grisly murder tried in adult criminal court.

Philip Henry Selvera Jr., 16, is charged with murder, tampering with a human corpse and tampering with physical evidence and now faces up to life in prison if convicted of the most serious charge as opposed to the 40-year maximum sentence reserved for juveniles.

Starr County Attorney Victor Canales told visiting juvenile court judge Judge Everardo Garcia that Selvera allegedly received $10,000 from one of the defendants, Jose Luis Garcia Jr., to organize the July 30, 2017 murder of Olivarez, whose burned and mutilated body was discovered in a Roma lagoon more than a week later. Selvera, Canales further alleged, in turn paid two more teens — Sebastian Torres and Salvador Martinez — to take part in the crime.​

Jose Luis Garcia Jr. learned his fate on after nearly 13 hours of deliberation in an Edinburg courtroom.

Garcias was found not guilty of murder, but was found guilty of one count of tampering with physical evidence.

Garcia has been on trial for a week on charges he was involved in ambushing Rio Grande City teen Chayse Olivarez more than two years ago.

Man found not guilty in connection to 2017 Rio Grande City murder case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back