Identified! TX - Austin, Skeletal remains on Walnut Creek bike trail, Jul'17 - Robert Sepeda

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Decomposed human remains found on Walnut Creek hike and bike trail[/h]
AUSTIN, Texas - Monday, a cyclist discovered human remains along the Walnut Creek hike and bike trail.

Police said the body parts are in an advanced state of decomposition so they cannot determine cause of death or identify them.
“I saw something kind of up in the distance, and we're thinking that maybe it was a dead animal from the distance, and just as we got closer, realized that there was some jeans and that there was something weird sticking out of it that looked like bones,” said Jones.

Other cyclists rode by without noticing anything abnormal, but jones took a closer look. That's when he saw a foot inside of a sock sticking out.
About 90 minutes after calling the cops, Austin police arrived on scene near Johnny Morris Road and Daffan Lane.

The medical examiner was also called out to collect the remains. Meanwhile, investigators combed through a nearby field for evidence.
Tuesday, Austin police confirmed the bones were human remains in an advanced state of decomposition.
Police said they are investigating this as a suspicious death unless the medical examiner rules otherwise.

Detectives and the ME are working together to determine the cause of death and identify of the remains.
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/271397713-story

[h=1]Body belonging to decomposed remains found on Walnut Creek hike and bike trail located[/h]
On Monday, July 31, 2017, a cyclist discovered what looked like a decomposed foot and jeans along the Walnut Creek hike and bike trail. Police said the body parts are in an advanced state of decomposition so they cannot determine cause of death or identify them.

According to the Austin Police Department, the body that belongs to the foot was found using a cadaver dog.
It was discovered Wednesday morning close to the Brown Distributing Company.
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/271817581-story

Oh my. I didn't realize when I posted that it was only a foot and jeans found on the bike trail. :scared:

Probably dragged there by somebody's dog or another animal.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

[h=1]Police identify victim after body parts found on Austin bike trail[/h]
Austin police said bicyclists reported finding the decomposing leg and foot of Robert Sepeda, 68, on bike trails near Johnny Morris Road and Daffan Lane around 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 31.

On Wednesday, Aug. 1, police found the remainder of the body off of Old Manor Road using a cadaver dog.
The case is being treated as suspicious due to the lack of an apparent cause of death or explanation of the location of the body parts near the bike trails, according to police.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/bicyclists-find-body-parts-on-ne-austin-bike-trail/461079753

sepeda-1502749577-9864.jpg

The remains found at Old Manor Road last month were identified as Robert "Bobby" Sepeda, police said. As it happens, the positive ID comes on the day Sepeda would have turned 68 years old, according to the date of birth information police provided.
Sepeda is known to police, given a past booking photo provided to media outlets. A plea for information from the public as to his last known whereabouts prior to his death suggests he may have been itinerant or homeless, although police didn't specify that.
https://patch.com/texas/eastaustin/...ains-found-along-bicycle-trails-two-weeks-ago

Oh no this is so Heartbreaking. Seeing this photo of Mr Sepeda smiling with out any teeth.. he seriously looks like my father without his dentures when he was in Hospice and he used to smile at me before he passed.. My heart just sank when I saw his photo, his face looks like my father.. oh Mr Sepeda God Rest his soul and may his spirit always have light.. May your soul find the peace it could not find here on earth. So sad he was homeless and they are looking for his family on the article.. I pray they find someone so he can be claimed.

Oh no this is so Heartbreaking. Seeing this photo of Mr Sepeda smiling with out any teeth.. he seriously looks like my father without his dentures when he was in Hospice and he used to smile at me before he passed.. My heart just sank when I saw his photo, his face looks like my father.. oh Mr Sepeda God Rest his soul and may his spirit always have light.. May your soul find the peace it could not find here on earth. So sad he was homeless and they are looking for his family on the article.. I pray they find someone so he can be claimed.
Condolences on the loss of your father, madamx.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back