Torch residential tower in Dubai is on fire, 3rd of August 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking News

"A tower in the world-famous Marina in Dubai is on fire.
Footage shows flames climbing up the 79-storey Torch Tower, a residential building in the United Arab Emirates tourism hotspot.
It was once the tallest residential building in the world and stands at more than 330 metres (1,105 ft) tall.

Cara Spillane tweeted: 'Terrifying to see Torch Tower, in the area I live in on fire now. Hope everyone gets out OK.'
Claire Hopkin added: 'One of the skyscrapers near me is on fire! Looks like Princess.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-block-Dubai-bursts-flames.html#ixzz4ojNK1i26

IMG_0108.JPG

sad flashbacks of the recent London one ...
I hope they have a better rescue plan than London had

the video is terrifying

sad flashbacks of the recent London one ...
I hope they have a better rescue plan than London had

the video is terrifying

Dubai Media Office @DXBMediaOffice
Dubai Civil Defence has successfully evacuated the Torch Tower and is working to bring the fire under control
11:01 pm · 3 Aug 2017

Thank goodness. Yes the video is terrifying LadyL. It is really unlucky the building has been on fire twice now.

Unbelievable that this has happened to the same building twice in two years! Hope everyone is OK.

Unbelievable that this has happened to the same building twice in two years! Hope everyone is OK.

I don't think it is surprising. If it can happen once, it can and probably will happen again.

Dubai Media Office @DXBMediaOffice
·
43m
Dubai Civil Defence:Fire at the Torch Tower has been brought under control. Cooling operations are underway. No inures have been reported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back