this fires me up

Too bad I'm an atheist, because I would really like to believe there is a special place reserved for people like this, in HELL!

ravenmad said:
How totally horrid!
I am totally appalled!
these people should be smacked!!! those poor patients, denied medicine, thats horrible...

I am sooo glad the B@stards got caught. Now watch them just get a slap on the wrist! I hope some SERIOUS jail time is served! This makes me want to cry. I am so glad that my grandparents never had to stay in one. :(

deandaniellws said:
I am sooo glad the B@stards got caught. Now watch them just get a slap on the wrist! I hope some SERIOUS jail time is served! This makes me want to cry. I am so glad that my grandparents never had to stay in one. :(
i hope they get jail time too...

What a shame! I'm so glad they were caught, they give a bad name to workers who really do care about their patients. I have nothing against nursing homes, but many patients are left there and the family rarely visits to check on their condition. I feel so sorry for those people, just left to waste away and die.

Mt grandfather was in a nursing home and complained they were being beaten and neglected. He had a problem that caused dementia and so no one believed him. He was beaten to death by a nurse. I was young when it happened and don't know what happened to the nursing home, just remember they put the nurse in a mental hospital. We went to visit him all the time and never saw any marks or anything and my mother often spoke with the staff. Seems after visiting hours a whole different attitude was shown towards the patients and he was denied food when he complained.

Becba said:
Mt grandfather was in a nursing home and complained they were being beaten and neglected. He had a problem that caused dementia and so no one believed him. He was beaten to death by a nurse. I was young when it happened and don't know what happened to the nursing home, just remember they put the nurse in a mental hospital. We went to visit him all the time and never saw any marks or anything and my mother often spoke with the staff. Seems after visiting hours a whole different attitude was shown towards the patients and he was denied food when he complained.
awww thats so sad. i have worked in nursing homes and loved my patients you can learn a lot from the elderly they have a lot to share and have so much wisdom, i loved hearing about their familys and their childhood, i cant wait to finish school to start working with them again...

SadieMae said:
What a shame! I'm so glad they were caught, they give a bad name to workers who really do care about their patients. I have nothing against nursing homes, but many patients are left there and the family rarely visits to check on their condition. I feel so sorry for those people, just left to waste away and die.
I was going to nursing school and the hospital had an affiliate nursing home, so naturally the students were sent over there all the time--
I will never forget an old couple that was always standing in the lobby fully dressed including hats, coats, scarves an gloves-- they always said they were waiting for their son to come and pick them up-- after a few weeks of seeing this- I said soemething to one of the staff about the couple always ready for their son to get them- she told me they sat there everyday, most of the day waiting-- and he never comes- but day after day--- they went to the lobby waiting- needless to say- I didnt make it thru nursing school-- that broke my heart

michelle said:
awww thats so sad. i have worked in nursing homes and loved my patients you can learn a lot from the elderly they have a lot to share and have so much wisdom, i loved hearing about their familys and their childhood, i cant wait to finish school to start working with them again...
you sound like the perfect...perfect person for this career---
what an angel:clap:

j2mirish said:
you sound like the perfect...perfect person for this career---
what an angel:clap:
aww thank you i needed to hear that....:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics