Found Deceased OR - Allen 'Chaz' Pearson, 5, Salem, 4 Aug 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Crews searching for missing 5-year-old in Wallace Marine Park[/h]
6a7e4df0-129c-4f67-8321-f2834bce9016-large16x9_AllenChazPearsonSalemPD.jpg

The boy was last seen around 5:30 p.m. Friday playing with other kids at the water's edge near the pedestrian bridge over the Willamette River.

Polk County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, Salem Fire and Polk County Sheriff's Office Marine Patrol deputies are conducting the search.

The boy was wearing distinctive green and camo swimming shorts.
http://katu.com/news/local/crews-searching-for-missing-5-year-old-in-wallace-marine-park
The boy, Allen "Chaz" Pearson, has been missing since about 5:30 p.m. Friday, police spokesman Lt. David Okada said. He was last seen playing with other children near a pedestrian bridge over the Willamette River.

Rescue teams are searching the water in a rescue boat, Okada said.

Chaz is about 4 feet tall, 50 pounds and has dark hair with a small "tail" on the back of his head. He is wearing green and camo swimming shorts.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2017/08/salem_police_search_for_missin.html

I wish they would stop making camo clothes for kids.
Also any adults around when he was playing with the other kids?
Poor Chaz. Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Search resumes Saturday in Salem for missing 5-year-old at Wallace Marine Park[/h]
The Polk County Sheriff's Office, Salem Police Department and Salem Fire Rescue searched the Willamette River as well as Wallace Marine Park until after 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Agencies searching on Saturday were expected to include Polk County Search and Rescue, Polk County SAR Drone, Polk County Marine Patrol, Yamhill County Search and Rescue, Yamhill County Marine Patrol, Benton County Search and Rescue, Benton County Air, Marion County Communications and the Mountain Wave Search and Rescue (Dive Team).
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2017/08/salem_police_search_for_missin.html

Omg this doesn't sound good [emoji24]

[h=1]Officials continue search for missing boy at Wallace Marine Park[/h]
Boat crews searched up to four miles down the river by 11:30 a.m. Officials made multiple passes along both sides of the bank.

"Although (the water) looks relatively calm it is very swift," Bittick said. "It's treacherous water.
Volunteers and officials have walked roughly a mile down the river by foot along the bank.
Bittick said the Clackamas County Water Rescue team searched the main channel of the Willamette River north and south of the pedestrian bridge but did not find any signs of the boy.
"They searched the water inlet there and a small slough just the bank underneath here," Bittick said, pointing to the rushing current underneath the pedestrian bridge. "Based on their experience they feel they covered this area well."
He said search efforts will wrap up Saturday evening and are expected to continue Sunday. Crews are expanding the search area by following the river toward the Keizer area, Bittick said.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...ng-missing-boy-wallace-marine-park/542176001/

This is so sad.

[h=1]Search for missing boy at Wallace Marine Park enters third day[/h]
UPDATE 11:30 a.m. Sunday:

Efforts to find a 5-year-old boy who went missing at Wallace Marine Park are entering a third day as officials resume their search.

Officials have scaled back the number of personnel looking for Allen "Chaz" Pearson for the time being. Polk County Sheriff Mark Garton estimated about 16 people had come to help Sunday morning. There were around eight just before noon.
A search plane was making passes in the morning, and Garton believes it is scheduled to come back later in the day.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...ng-missing-boy-wallace-marine-park/542176001/

I am sure this won't end well. So sad.

I wonder if there were any adults around. How old were the kids he were with? Did they see him wander off? Fall in? Or what? I just have so many questions.

I wish they would stop making camo clothes for kids.
Also any adults around when he was playing with the other kids?
Poor Chaz. Be safe.

Rbbm.
That is an interesting and very valid point!
The one thing you do not want is for little kids to blend into the scenery in a rural setting.
A nightmare if they become lost, imo, at least his underwear seems to have a bright red band that might be spotted.
Hoping that the little guy is found soon, his family must be suffering terribly.
imo, speculation.

I forget who mentioned it here last year about the camo.
It was a lost child in the forest and was wearing camo. This WS person brought it up and was so true. Cute as they might be a real nightmare for lost kiddos.

Little DeOrr Kunz in Idaho (still missing) was wearing camo when he allegedly disappeared from a remote campground.

It's sad there isn't more hoopla over Chaz. Just another child lost in the water. :( I really find it heartbreaking. It's so quiet.

I know. Very sad. I wish I could check the scanner for any chatter on it but I can't right now.

[h=1]Search for missing Salem boy stretches into fourth day[/h]
636375549015668892-IMG-0299.jpg

The number of crews combing the Willamette River and surrounding parks and banks for a 5-year-old boy missing since Friday dwindled significantly as the search stretched into its fourth day.

Allen "Chaz" Pearson disappeared from Wallace Marine Park Friday afternoon as he was playing with other children near the pedestrian bridge over the Willamette River.

Officials said it's unclear whether Pearson was even in the river when he went missing.

"The last time he was seen he was sitting on the rocks right at the river’s edge,” Polk County Sheriff Mark Garton said.
Pearson's shoes and shirt were found where people last saw him — at the river's edge.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...alem-boy-stretches-into-fourth-day/546955001/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back