OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetElaine

Reaction score
I thought there would be a thread on this one already, but didn't find it. bbm

"[FONT=&amp]18-year-old Brooke “Skylar” Richardson gave birth to a full-term baby in May. Just a few hours later, that infant was killed, burned and buried in Richardson’s backyard, Warren County Prosecutor Dave Fornshell says."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The cheerleader from a family “obsessed” with outward appearances was indicted Friday on charges including aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence. The charges come after investigators discovered the charred, decomposing remains of the baby on July 14."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“I think the evidence supports that Skylar and her family, particularly her mother, were pretty obsessed with external appearances and how she appeared to the outside world,” Fornshell said when asked about a motive."

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36...e-in-death-of-infant-found-buried-in-backyard

How... just how. I will never understand. Rest in peace, little one. I hope all involved in this will face the harshest lawful consequences. Ohio does have the Safe Haven Law... she had options.

[/FONT]
14446754_G.jpg

[FONT=&amp](photo Warren County Jail).

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

I thought there would be a thread on this one already, but didn't find it. bbm

"[FONT=&]18-year-old Brooke “Skylar” Richardson gave birth to a full-term baby in May. Just a few hours later, that infant was killed, burned and buried in Richardson’s backyard, Warren County Prosecutor Dave Fornshell says."[/FONT][FONT=&]

"[/FONT][FONT=&]The cheerleader from a family “obsessed” with outward appearances was indicted Friday on charges including aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence. The charges come after investigators discovered the charred, decomposing remains of the baby on July 14."[/FONT][FONT=&]

"[/FONT][FONT=&]“I think the evidence supports that Skylar and her family, particularly her mother, were pretty obsessed with external appearances and how she appeared to the outside world,” Fornshell said when asked about a motive."

[/FONT][FONT=&]http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36...e-in-death-of-infant-found-buried-in-backyard

How... just how. I will never understand. Rest in peace, little one. I hope all involved in this will face the harshest lawful consequences. Ohio does have the Safe Haven Law... she had options.

[/FONT]
14446754_G.jpg

[FONT=&](photo Warren County Jail).

[/FONT][FONT=&]
[/FONT]

I had tried to follow this early on but could not find any updated information. I also wondered how much the rest of the family played into this case. Surely the parents were somewhat aware of what was happening with the baby. Buried in the back yard! How could the parents not be aware of this? I think this is not over as far as pending charges. We'll see.

I had tried to follow this early on but could not find any updated information. I also wondered how much the rest of the family played into this case. Surely the parents were somewhat aware of what was happening with the baby. Buried in the back yard! How could the parents not be aware of this? I think this is not over as far as pending charges. We'll see.

I'm having the same thoughts. Currently Brooke is the only one charged, according to this link:

http://www.wlwt.com/article/teen-in...nts-remains-found-near-carlisle-home/11481090

Brooke was arrested yesterday, Friday, and booked into the Warren County jail (website doesn't work for me, can someone else check?). She will be arraigned on Monday.

How utterly disturbing. How could anyone do such a thing to a child? There are always options. I will be really interested to see how this plays out as far as who did what, and who goes to jail. IMO anyone involved in this needs to be put under the jail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we had a name for baby. Baby deserves a name. Can we name her? Can we add our name to the thread title? We should name her Angel.

RIP Angel.

I wish we had a name for baby. Baby deserves a name. Can we name her? Can we add our name to the thread title? We should name her Angel.

RIP Angel.
How about Angel May, since she was born in May. Poor, sweet little thing.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I was looking up info on the judge, and found this - http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new.../06/13/judge-wants-stream-courtroom/71125604/

I couldn't find if it ever actually happened, and it's probably too late now anyway since her arraignment started at 11 a.m. (EST), and a lot of the court websites etc are hiccuping for me (idk if that's because I'm not in the US). If someone can find the live feed to his court room that would be awesome.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...n-mom-charged-with-murder-due-in-court-monday

"The 18-year-old woman charged with aggravated murder in the death of her infant pleaded not guilty Monday in a Warren County court."

"During arraignment Monday, Richardson was given a $50,000 bond and placed on house arrest. Fornshell asked the judge for a million dollar bond."

Ugh. House arrest. IMO not exactly okay after reading about the family dynamics. I'm disappointed.

I have been following this case, and did some research. Apparently, the father was on the city council for awhile and a lawsuit was filed. He lost his position. I'm not sure what her mother does, but I caught the part about how the mother felt about appearances. It's a damn shame this baby died because the teen (and probably her mother) couldn't handle what the neighbors might say. So, this baby was killed and BURNED to be buried in the yard like an object. I'm just sick over this, and cannot believe (1) that she got house arrest, and (2) no death penalty.

she hasn't got house arrest for the actual offense. shes on bail. im hoping she does do some serious time.

I have been following this case, and did some research. Apparently, the father was on the city council for awhile and a lawsuit was filed. He lost his position. I'm not sure what her mother does, but I caught the part about how the mother felt about appearances. It's a damn shame this baby died because the teen (and probably her mother) couldn't handle what the neighbors might say. So, this baby was killed and BURNED to be buried in the yard like an object. I'm just sick over this, and cannot believe (1) that she got house arrest, and (2) no death penalty.

I feel like the mother should be charged with SOMETHING. I think she created an environment where this young girl (who knew right from wrong) was probably terrified of having a baby (birth control?). Who knows, maybe mom assisted. Regardless, so heartbreaking. moo

She had to have had help delivering the baby and then immediately stifling its cries and then killing it, burning it and burying the poor baby. How could she get away with all that unnoticed or all by herself? I'm predicting this girl's mother will be charged. If Skylar had not gone to her OB/GYN two mos later (for possible bleeding because of a retained placenta?), this crime might never have been exposed.

Where did you read that BSR had visited the OBGYN? Would you mind posting the link since I would like to know more about this case? Thanks.

moms give birth alone and kill their babies ALL THE TIME.... but im with you on how no one noticed the aftermath.

She had to have had help delivering the baby and then immediately stifling its cries and then killing it, burning it and burying the poor baby. How could she get away with all that unnoticed or all by herself? I'm predicting this girl's mother will be charged. If Skylar had not gone to her OB/GYN two mos later (for possible bleeding because of a retained placenta?), this crime might never have been exposed.

the case blew open when an OBGYN contacted police aobut a stillborn birth. (speculation) she saw a doc for some reason (complications?) and the doc could tell shed recently given birth and asked about it and was given the stillborn story and didn't believe it.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/another...-carlisle-infant-death-investigation/10357680

Where did you read that BSR had visited the OBGYN? Would you mind posting the link since I would like to know more about this case? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10