MI MI - Donnie Martin, 31, Madison Heights, 3 Aug 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Police in Michigan need your help finding 31 year old Donnie Martin. Donnie was last seen on Thursday, August 3, 2017 in Madison Heights, Michigan.

Donnie is described as a white male with brown hair, blue eyes, and a muscular build. Donnie might grow facial hair. In addition, Donnie has multiple tattoos, many of which are visible on his arms and hands.

If you have seen Donnie or have any information about him, please contact the Madison Heights Police Department at 1-248-585-2100.

https://pl8pic.com/Donnie_Martin_2017
b2f52efa27ffd5b87c8799c6bf659edd.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Donnie Martin III was last seen August 3rd near 10 Mile and Dequindre.

It was around 11:30 that morning, when he left his tree service job.

Donnie’s dad is worried that his son’s opioid addiction from being hurt on the job could be the reason why he’s missing.

Donnie could be in Madison Heights or in the area of State Fair and John R in Detroit.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oak...madison-heights-man-who-disappeared-last-week

August 10th article:

Donnie Ray Martin III, 31, has not been seen since he left his job in the city at a tree trimming service about noon Aug. 3.

“He had just gotten paid,” said Madison Heights Detective Sgt. Mark Zupec. “At this point it is unknown if he possibly doesn’t want to found or if he met with foul play.”

Martin’s girlfriend was the last person to hear from him when police say he sent her a text about 20 minutes after he left work.

Martin’s father reported him missing. He and Martin’s girlfriend have been unsuccessful trying to reach him on his cell phone.

“They are worried about his safety and where he might be,” Zupec said. “And his family have been looking for him as well.”

Zupec said police have tried to discover Martin’s whereabouts by finding a location signal from his cellphone but it appears the phone has been turned off.

Martin was known to frequent the area of John R Road and State Fair in Detroit, though police released no details of why he visited neighborhoods there.

It is believed Martin visited the area before he went missing.

Since last week Madison Heights police have canvassed the area with pictures of Martin and have approached different people on the street to see if they recognized the missing man.

Several detectives have been there between 7 mile and 8 mile on John R and west all the way to Woodward,” Zupec said. “They also handed out photos to the Hamtramck and Detroit police departments.”

Police found people in the area who recognized Martin’s picture but nobody could place him there in the time since he went missing.

“We have gotten calls about deaths in the area but these have been ruled out,” Zupec said.

Anyone with information about Martin or who may have seen him after noon Aug. 3 is asked to contact Madison Heights Police at 248-585-2100 or Crime Stoppers at 800-773-2587.

When last seen Martin was wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes. He has multiple tatoos on his hands and arms, including one in Chinese on his neck, and piercings below his right eye and in his left nostril, according to Crime Stoppers.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/article/OP/20170810/NEWS/170819917

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Nov 3:

"*His family has been desperately searching for him in Madison Heights, Detroit, Flint, and other areas of Michigan. They've searched in abandoned buildings and neighborhoods but have been unsuccessful.

According to Donnie's father, the detectives working on the case are clearly overwhelmed which is why they are now turning to community members to help provide any answers that could lead to Donnie, or give them some type of closure. They've even offered up a cash reward for to $2,500 for information that could help this case."

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Missing-In-Michigan-Donnies-Story-454992553.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Is there anyone here that is familiar with the area, who could tell us about the part of town he was known to frequent?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Is there anyone here that is familiar with the area, who could tell us about the part of town he was known to frequent?

I'm familiar with the area. State Fair and John R is about as bad as it gets. Nobody frequents this neighborhood unless they are looking for drugs. There is no other reason to frequent this area. The only businesses that are open are chop shops. It is gang infested and high crime. It is full of abandoned houses and businesses. Also lots of empty lots and abandoned alleys. It's also a dumping ground for stolen property and bodies. Even if someone in the neighborhood knows what happens to him, they aren't going to tell. The neighborhood isn't far from his work either. Absolutely no reason you would go from Madison Heights to this neighborhood unless you are wanting drugs. If he met his unfortunate end here, there is a good chance his remains could be in one of the many abandoned buildings in this neighborhood.

I'm familiar with the area. State Fair and John R is about as bad as it gets. Nobody frequents this neighborhood unless they are looking for drugs. There is no other reason to frequent this area. The only businesses that are open are chop shops. It is gang infested and high crime. It is full of abandoned houses and businesses. Also lots of empty lots and abandoned alleys. It's also a dumping ground for stolen property and bodies. Even if someone in the neighborhood knows what happens to him, they aren't going to tell. The neighborhood isn't far from his work either. Absolutely no reason you would go from Madison Heights to this neighborhood unless you are wanting drugs. If he met his unfortunate end here, there is a good chance his remains could be in one of the many abandoned buildings in this neighborhood.
Thank you for your insight. I figured that was the case, but it always helps to have as much information as possible. I hope so much for a good outcome, but it seems quite grim.

On August 3, 2017, Donnie Martin was seen leaving after he got off his job at 11 am. He hasn't been seen since.
Donnie was 31 years old at the time of his disappearance. He's known to hang out near John R/State Fair, and surrounding areas.
Donnie was on foot, and was wearing an ABK Tree Service shirt.
If you have any information regarding Donnie's whereabouts, please contact the Madison Heights Police Department. Detective Hartunian
248-585-2100

findthemissing.org/en/cases/39409/6/

WILX.com

WXYZ Detroit included interview with his father.

Oakland Press story with photo

I'm interviewing Donnie's sister later today. If you have questions, please post them

I figured I would bump this back up. I posted here a while ago but I did not mention that I went to high school with Donnie which is why I have taken an interest in the case. His case popped up on my Facebook feed one day from a former classmate which sent me searching the internet since he went missing close to where I live now. We went to a small high school in rural northern Michigan. As is the case with most of the people who go to school up north, we left for employment opportunities and coincidentally both landed in the Detroit area which is not uncommon. I didn't know Donnie well but I knew who he was. I believe I was a grade or two ahead of him. I may have talked to him once or twice.

I came across a Facebook post from the Westland police. I do not see that mentioned in this thread and I'm curious the connection to Westland. Westland is the complete opposite end of town about 15-20 miles away. You would need a car to get there and I read that Donnie did not have a car. Westland is a pretty safe area, however, there is a small subdivision called Norwayne that is known for drugs. Could it be he went looking for drugs in Norwayne? Now his work at 10 Mile and Dequindre is 3.5 miles from State Fair and John R. Easily doable by bus or a long walk. I have read his phone last pinged in Wayne County. His work is in Oakland County but State Fair and John R and Westland are both in Wayne County. Perhaps his phone pinged in Westland? That is a long ways from State Fair and John R and Madison Heights where he worked. The post I found is vague. Westland is certainly not a place you would dump a body. State Fair and John R is about 70-80% vacant so there are plenty of vacant lots and buildings. My thoughts are a drug deal gone bad and he was killed in the State Fair and John R area and his body dumped in another area of Detroit and his phone may have ended up in Westland. Another thing, just being frank, this area of State Fair and John R is about 99% African American. A white guy with tattoos and piercings would stick out like a sore thumb. The people in this area know who Donnie is and know what happened but aren't going to talk. If Donnie is anything like I remember from high school, they would remember him.

It was actually a Facebook post by the Westland police. Again, Norwayne is a small subdivision in Westland known for drugs. They don't state why they believe he was in that area but this is a long ways from both his work and State Fair and John R. Here is the Facebook post from Westland police dated January 18, 2018:

"This missing person, Donnie Martin III, is believed to possibly be in the Norwayne area. If you have information about his whereabouts please call the Madison Heights Police Department at 248-585-2100. (case # 1714371)."

Westland Police Community Partnership

There has been stories from the street girls that live and work in the state fair and John r area that tell the story that Donnie was murdered and buried in the back yard of a abandoned house.
I figured I would bump this back up. I posted here a while ago but I did not mention that I went to high school with Donnie which is why I have taken an interest in the case. His case popped up on my Facebook feed one day from a former classmate which sent me searching the internet since he went missing close to where I live now. We went to a small high school in rural northern Michigan. As is the case with most of the people who go to school up north, we left for employment opportunities and coincidentally both landed in the Detroit area which is not uncommon. I didn't know Donnie well but I knew who he was. I believe I was a grade or two ahead of him. I may have talked to him once or twice.

I came across a Facebook post from the Westland police. I do not see that mentioned in this thread and I'm curious the connection to Westland. Westland is the complete opposite end of town about 15-20 miles away. You would need a car to get there and I read that Donnie did not have a car. Westland is a pretty safe area, however, there is a small subdivision called Norwayne that is known for drugs. Could it be he went looking for drugs in Norwayne? Now his work at 10 Mile and Dequindre is 3.5 miles from State Fair and John R. Easily doable by bus or a long walk. I have read his phone last pinged in Wayne County. His work is in Oakland County but State Fair and John R and Westland are both in Wayne County. Perhaps his phone pinged in Westland? That is a long ways from State Fair and John R and Madison Heights where he worked. The post I found is vague. Westland is certainly not a place you would dump a body. State Fair and John R is about 70-80% vacant so there are plenty of vacant lots and buildings. My thoughts are a drug deal gone bad and he was killed in the State Fair and John R area and his body dumped in another area of Detroit and his phone may have ended up in Westland. Another thing, just being frank, this area of State Fair and John R is about 99% African American. A white guy with tattoos and piercings would stick out like a sore thumb. The people in this area know who Donnie is and know what happened but aren't going to talk. If Donnie is anything like I remember from high school, they would remember him.

It was actually a Facebook post by the Westland police. Again, Norwayne is a small subdivision in Westland known for drugs. They don't state why they believe he was in that area but this is a long ways from both his work and State Fair and John R. Here is the Facebook post from Westland police dated January 18, 2018:

"This missing person, Donnie Martin III, is believed to possibly be in the Norwayne area. If you have information about his whereabouts please call the Madison Heights Police Department at 248-585-2100. (case # 1714371)."

Westland Police Community Partnership

Donnie disappeared in August of 2017? It's possible he'd be fully skeletonized at that point, BUT the Detective who runs missing for DPD is really on top of things and I believe they would have made the connection also an easy rule in/out based on shoe size.

JMO/YMMV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back