Found Safe WY - Grandparents & 2 children missing in western Wyoming, 6 Aug 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Missing-Frank-Demonkos-8-7-17.jpg

Susan Frank, 63, and Steve Domonkos, 62, left Casper on Thursday morning. They were supposed to return Sunday afternoon, but daughter Stephanie Frank says she has not heard from them and their phones are turned off.

Stephanie's children, 10-year-old Abigayle and 9-year-old Nicholas, went along on the trip. They also have not been heard from since Thursday.
The group of four was said to be headed to Squaretop Mountain, west of the Wind River Reservation between Pinedale and Dubois.

Stephanie says they were driving a late-model blue Chevrolet pickup truck -- possibly a Silverado -- with Casper license plates. They were towing the camper pictured above.
http://k2radio.com/family-casper-residents-grandchildren-reported-missing/

598876d7c3df0.image.jpg

They are driving a Wyo 1 County blue Chevy pickup, with a white Outback toyhauler trailer and a red four-wheeler.

Law enforcement in Sublette, Teton and Natrona counties have been notified.

Susan Frank is a partner in the CPA firm Muirhead, Cornia, Porter & Howard in Casper.

Domonkos owns SD Inc., a construction supply firm in Casper.

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/f...cle_067d80af-0952-5c71-b43e-4417d7bafd39.html

Oh no... that does not sound good. Sounds like they may have been in an accident... Is the area they were going to very remote? I'm hoping they're only having vehicle trouble. I'm assuming even though the articles didn't mention it, the first thing LE did/will do was/is send a search party?

Prayers going up; hoping they are found soon.

I'm no good putting a map together, but looking it up, Square Top Mountain is 4:41 hrs west of Casper. Fish Lake is 4:19 hrs northwest of SqT Mtn. If that sighting is correct and they were seen there Sunday at 7 p.m., they were a ways out of the way of being back in time... (supposed to be back Sunday afternoon). It's almost 6 hrs from Fish Lake back to Casper. On a road that at least half the time looks like I wouldn't want to be driving it with a truck/camper combo in the dark.

I really hope this family is found. How scary for mom to have your children and parents missing :(

Just saw they were found safe and headed home!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I worry about more similar situations occurring on account of the upcoming eclipse. Western Wyoming and South Idaho and other areas in the totality path are gearing up for a huge HUGE influx of visitors and although they're bringing in extra portable cell towers, we're talking hundreds of thousands of visitors...the preparation is reminding me of Y2k... I just hope everyone coming recognizes how remote some of these areas are and prepare accordingly. And I hope they leave it all as clean and undisturbed as they find it.

I'm so glad this family is safe! And I hope I'm wrong and the eclipse comes and goes without tragedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back