Height: 5'9"
Weight:
Hair: Dark Brown Hair
Eye: Blue Eyes
Facial Features:
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Medical:
Transportation: Rental Car (No description at this time)
Dental Records:
DNA Records:

Circumstances:
Darlene attended Southern High School and seemed to have few issues growing up until she fell in with the wrong crowd. Darlene married in Dec 1980 however the marriage ended within a years time. Darlene then moved to Hollywood, Florida and was living with Phil "Skip" Parselli a real estate broker and his family. The two had traveled to Durham, NC for the Thanksgiving Holiday staying with Darlene's parents. Helen and Skip decided to go visit Darlene's grandmother while in town, however they never made it.

A few days later their rental car was found at South of the Boarder, a roadside Mexican theme attraction on I-95 near the North Carolina/South Carolina boarder. The car did not reveal any evidence of foul play, however one possible clue was a belt buckle with the Outlaws motorcycle gang's emblem was found inside the car.

A missing persons report was filed by Darlene's family an MP was never located on Phil "Skip" Parselli.

Darlene's father spent numerous years searching for his daughter hiring a Private Detective and following rumored leads that took him to Tennessee and Florida. Neither Darlene nor Skip have ever been located.

*Darlene's personal items and clothing packed for her trip home for the holiday was left behind at her parents home.

Investigating Agency:
Durham North Carolina Police Department - http://durhamnc.gov/149/Police-Department
Phone: 919-560-4322

Durham District 4 Substation South Miami Blvd
Phone: (919) 560-4415

David Johnson (Former Durham Detective) Currently a Private Investigator

Information Resources:

The Herald Sun, Durham North Carolina - March 26, 1995
Memorial set for woman missing over 11 years - Article by Paul Bonner

The Herald Sun, Durham North Carolina - December 28, 2008
Still waiting for news of Helen Brother seeks help solving mystery of 1983 disappearance

**Came upon Helen's case last year while searching for information on another case. Have contacted Durham LE with no response in regards to acquiring a photo of Darlene. Have also been searching HS yearbooks and anywhere else to find a photo if anyone is able to locate a photo kindly bring it on to this thread.

There is another case that I'm researching that could possibly be connected or not be connected is just a matter of coincidence. It's a possibility I'm looking at once there is more hard fact validation I will post

Durham NC to South of the Border.JPG

Helen Darlene Fuller

Physical/Clothing/Medical:
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9"
Weight:
Hair: Dark Brown Hair
Eye: Blue Eyes
Facial Features:
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Medical:
Transportation: Rental Car (No description at this time)
Dental Records:
DNA Records:

Circumstances:
Darlene attended Southern High School and seemed to have few issues growing up until she fell in with the wrong crowd. Darlene married in Dec 1980 however the marriage ended within a years time. Darlene then moved to Hollywood, Florida and was living with Phil "Skip" Parselli a real estate broker and his family. The two had traveled to Durham, NC for the Thanksgiving Holiday staying with Darlene's parents. Helen and Skip decided to go visit Darlene's grandmother while in town, however they never made it.

A few days later their rental car was found at South of the Boarder, a roadside Mexican theme attraction on I-95 near the North Carolina/South Carolina boarder. The car did not reveal any evidence of foul play, however one possible clue was a belt buckle with the Outlaws motorcycle gang's emblem was found inside the car.

A missing persons report was filed by Darlene's family an MP was never located on Phil "Skip" Parselli.

Darlene's father spent numerous years searching for his daughter hiring a Private Detective and following rumored leads that took him to Tennessee and Florida. Neither Darlene nor Skip have ever been located.

*Darlene's personal items and clothing packed for her trip home for the holiday was left behind at her parents home.

Investigating Agency:
Durham North Carolina Police Department - http://durhamnc.gov/149/Police-Department
Phone: 919-560-4322

Durham District 4 Substation South Miami Blvd
Phone: (919) 560-4415

David Johnson (Former Durham Detective) Currently a Private Investigator

Information Resources:

The Herald Sun, Durham North Carolina - March 26, 1995
Memorial set for woman missing over 11 years - Article by Paul Bonner

The Herald Sun, Durham North Carolina - December 28, 2008
Still waiting for news of Helen Brother seeks help solving mystery of 1983 disappearance

**Came upon Helen's case last year while searching for information on another case. Have contacted Durham LE with no response in regards to acquiring a photo of Darlene. Have also been searching HS yearbooks and anywhere else to find a photo if anyone is able to locate a photo kindly bring it on to this thread.

There is another case that I'm researching that could possibly be connected or not be connected is just a matter of coincidence. It's a possibility I'm looking at once there is more hard fact validation I will post

View attachment 121297
Have gotten a picture yet? This case reminds me of edjd similarities

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

It seems that Scott Sykora, the divorced husband of Helen is of interest (I cannot find a divorce record but assume there was a divorce). Sykora was charged with murdering his brother in law in November 2017 (the brother in law disappeared in 2013) and LE commented on his possible connection to the disappearance of 2 ex-wives (of whom Helen would be one). The story is at http://www.cbs17.com/news/suspect-i...ves-sheriff-says_20180313070950791/1036285354 . The other wife that went missing (also in 1983) was Elizabeth Sykora (see Elizabeth Sykora – The Charley Project ).

The developments raise a number of interesting questions. Does Sykora have any connections to The Outlaws? And if he did kill his ex-wives in 1983 (and Parselli presumably), and then killed his brother in law 30 years later, is it realistic to think he led a blameless life in the intervening 30 years? This one seems to have a lot more to come out.

2107 murder charge over Gerald Pollard dismissed in 2019

Murder charge dismissed

By Johnny Whitfield
johnnywhitfield@roxboro-
courier.com
Posted 8/3/19
Person County District Attorney Mike Waters has voluntarily dismissed charges against a Rougemont man accused of murder.

2107 murder charge over Gerald Pollard dismissed in 2019

Murder charge dismissed

By Johnny Whitfield
johnnywhitfield@roxboro-
courier.com
Posted 8/3/19
Person County District Attorney Mike Waters has voluntarily dismissed charges against a Rougemont man accused of murder.

I think we need to be clear what happened in this case, especially as the daughter of Scott Sykora has been commenting elsewhere that he was acquitted. He was not acquitted. The prosecutor volutarily dismissed the case due to having a dodgy witness and a lack of corroboration, but took this approach so that the charges could be reinstated later if further evidence emerged. Whilst the issue is now moot given his death it seems to me to be rather important to the memories of three victims to be precise about the status of the Pollard case.

It is interesting that his daughter defends him and it would be interesting to know her thinking. If he had no involvement he was certainly remarkably unlucky to be close to 3 people who all disappeared.

There was an affidavit filed by Phil’s wife (a few months prior to he and Helen’s disappearance) in which she states she had not seen him since September of ‘83.
Where did you find that information? This is really bizarre that there is nothing on Phil "Skip" Parselli except what's linked to Helen Darlene Fullers missing person report. I agree with a previous poster how does a grown man goes missing and never get reported. My searches come up empty on this guy aside from the Fuller case. You would think that if her father hired a PI they would have spoken to Skip's family, so they would be aware that he was missing. And if they thought he did run off why not report it after so many years pass.

Where did you find that information? This is really bizarre that there is nothing on Phil "Skip" Parselli except what's linked to Helen Darlene Fullers missing person report. I agree with a previous poster how does a grown man goes missing and never get reported. My searches come up empty on this guy aside from the Fuller case. You would think that if her father hired a PI they would have spoken to Skip's family, so they would be aware that he was missing. And if they thought he did run off why not report it after so many years pass.

Public files in Florida pointed me to the correct name of Phil/Skip, and the information surrounding his family shed light on more public documents that painted a much fuller picture.

Public files in Florida pointed me to the correct name of Phil/Skip, and the information surrounding his family shed light on more public documents that painted a much fuller picture.
So his correct name is not Phil "Skip" Parselli? What site were you able to use to search the public records. I searched myflorida.com for official records but came up with nothing. It says they were living in Hollywood FL which is Broward County and I searched their records and can find nothing or a Parselli. But if Parselli is not the correct name then maybe that is why I'm coming up empty handed. Still seems odd that there was never a MP filed on him.

According to the news article I just posted, Ms. Fuller had Dark hair, blue eyes, and was about 30 lbs lighter than when last seen by her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back