TN TN - Lisa Cloyd, 53, Telford, 20 July 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Lisa Maria Cloyd, 53, was reported missing by her son on Thursday and was last seen on July 20.

Family members report her disappearance as strange and they have been surprised by receiving no word from her on her whereabouts.

Cloyd is described as standing 4 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

LisaCloyd_1502117950690_7855073_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.wcyb.com/news/tennessee/...telford-woman-missing-since-july-20/600890669

[h=1]Telford Woman Missing; Husband Sought By Deputies[/h]
5989b297c2e67.image.jpg

Family members report her disappearance “as strange and her lack of contact as unexpected,” the news release said.

Graybeal issued a plea for further assistance Monday in locating husband Curtis Cloyd, 50, of 149 Slate Hill Road.

“An attempt to make contact with Mr. Cloyd failed and he is now wanted for reckless endangerment due to an encounter on the previous date involving a handgun,” the news release said.
http://www.greenevillesun.com/news/...cle_4b35763f-3337-59f2-a148-a0f7d167ab91.html

I hate these DV cases. Please let Lisa come home safe. :please:

She was only 4 feet 10 inches tall and 120 lbs., just a little thing! I can't tell how big he is from his picture, but I'm guessing much bigger than her. I pray she comes home safe and they find her husband SOON because this sounds very worrisome.

I hope she ran away, but if the stories of the husband are true, I think he killed her.

Ladies, it just isn't that hard to walk away from the abuse. I would live under a tree before I would allow someone to beat on me.

More info from today: http://www.wcyb.com/news/tennessee/...telford-woman-has-a-criminal-record/601509181

WASHGINTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Sheriff Ed Graybeal confirmed that CurtisLee Cloyd, 50, has multiple convictions on his record. This includes three assaults against his wife, as well as burglary and public intoxication.

A few hours after asking for the public's help in finding a missing Telford woman, law enforcement in Washington County, Tennessee are now asking for assistance in locating the woman's husband.

To me they looked much younger in this picture than her missing poster and his what appears to be a mug shot.

Curtis Cloyd found dead after standoff
On August 10, 2017 about 9:14 am, WCSO officers responded to 147 Miller Drive in Telford concerning the sound of shots fired. Upon their arrival, wanted suspect Curtis Lee Cloyd was seen running into a vacant house where he then slammed and barricaded the door. Officers then saw that he was armed with a handgun through a window and called the SWAT team.
According to Sheriff Ed Graybeal, Cloyd was wanted for questioning regarding the suspicious disappearance of his wife, Lisa Maria Cloyd who was reported missing on Thursday by her son on Thursday. Additionally, Cloyd had two outstanding arrest warrants on him for Felony Reckless Endangerment and Unlawful Possession of a Weapon in connection to an encounter he had with deputies on Sunday night after he held a gun to himself at his mother’s residence before fleeing from deputies.
As a result of Cloyd being barricaded in the home, the WCSO SWAT Team as well as members of the Johnson City Police Department, responded to the location and attempted to establish negotiations with Cloyd who refused to come out. SWAT members utilized a police robot equipped with a two way radio to enter the house in order to attempt to talk with him which was unsuccessful. Officers then deployed pepper spray into the home in an attempt to force Cloyd outside, which was also unsuccessful.
At 3:15pm, SWAT Officers made forced entry where they found Curtis Lee Cloyd deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. Sheriff Graybeal has asked that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation take over the investigation.

http://www.wcso.net/Main/news.html

Article from today:

http://www.greenevillesun.com/news/...cle_2dbddad3-ab48-5428-a290-daeb45d0d4e7.html

Washington County authorities took to the water Thursday as part of their search for any evidence connected to the disappearance of a Telford woman last seen alive on July 20.

No clues relating to the suspicious disappearance of 53-year-old Lisa Maria Cloyd were apparently found during a search of a section of the Nolichucky River, Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal said.

The Swift Water Rescue team concentrated on an area of the river off Highway 81 near the border of Washington and Unicoi counties, Graybeal said.

“We were following up on a lead some people gave us in a conversation we had a while ago,” Graybeal said by cellphone from the search area. Members of the EMS Swift Water Rescue unit and Washington County sheriff’s deputies participated in the search for the woman, who was reported missing Aug. 3 by her son.

Husband Curtis Lee Cloyd, of 149 Slate Hill Road, was sought by investigators in connection with the case. On Aug. 10, Curtis Cloyd apparently took his own life in a vacant house at 147 Miller Drive after barricading himself inside. His death is under investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Lisa Marie Cloyd kept in close contact with family members. Her personal identification was found at her home and her sudden disappearance is out of character, Graybeal said.

More at link.

Searching home: http://wjhl.com/2017/09/18/sheriff-investigators-searching-home-of-missing-telford-woman-lisa-cloyd/

WASHINGTON COUNTY, TN (WJHL) – Washington County Sheriff’s Office officials confirmed investigators executed a search warrant at the home of missing woman Lisa Maria Cloyd, 53, in Telford, Tenn. on Monday.

We reported earlier that Lisa Cloyd was last heard from on July 20.

Lisa Cloyd’s family members told investigators that her disappearance was strange and was unexpected.

More at link

Why did they wait so long after hubby's suicide to search the home?

They need to search Watauga River/Lake. The family owns property there also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back