GUILTY FL - Kaye-lea Plummer, 11, murdered, Jacksonville, 4 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Accident in Pocahontas County leads to a body being found

The woman who lost control and crashed the vehicle was Erica Newsome of Jacksonville, Florida. The child found near the scene, Newsome’s 11-year-old daughter.

Reports say a couple traveling from New York saw the body removed from the vehicle. It was later determined that the girl was killed in Jacksonville, Newsome placed the child in the vehicle Saturday and was heading toward Buffalo, New York, where the child’s father lives.
http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Ac...ty-leads-to-a-body-being-found-439068043.html

wth was she going to do when she got to the father's house? 'discover' her death after she arrived?! and then she decided a car accident was a good cover?

Erica-Newsome_1502158281133_10212018_ver1.0.jpg

The Pocahontas Times reported that a couple from New York City said they saw Newsome, 37, remove a body from the vehicle and drag it over the hill.

West Virginia State Police Sergeant Herby Barlow said Newsome and the body of her 11-year-old daughter were found on a road that was about 150 feet over a nearby embankment.

“It was obvious that the 11-year-old did not die from injuries from the accident,” Barlow said. “Her injuries were non-motor vehicle injuries.”
According to the Pocahontas Times, Newsome told detectives that she had killed her daughter and was abusive to her.

The West Virginia MetroNews said investigators determined that the child was killed in Jacksonville and then loaded into Newsome's car.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...d-child-found-dead-in-west-virginia/462670673

I cannot wrap my head around this. This poor 11 yr old was terrified while this unfolded I'm sure. I will never understand how you can hate your EX more than you love your child. That you created and birthed and wth was she driving to NY for to rub it in Dad's face? I hope FL charges her to the fullest. I just don't understand as a parent how you get to this point with your child. She's evil and the new inmates will be happy to meet her I'm sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OMG ... another bizarre one. What a sad, sad world we have become. :mad:

Reactions: abr
I have to agree with you SouthernCutie, I cannot comprehend how anyone can become so consumed with hatred of their ex that it overwhelms their love of their child. I can only understand it by thinking that they must have distorted their thinking by substance abuse. I would have thought some sort of maternal instinct would have bonded her with her child but that obviously is not the case so it has to be substance abuse. The poor child. :rose:

Thank you for adding her name to the title! I hope there is justice for Kaye-lea and that her mother will never be free to hurt another baby.
Had those other drivers not seen and called it in she may never have been found or could have been an UID.
May she rest in peace. :candle: :rose:

is that what was going on? or was she just abusive and crazy period?

I cannot wrap my head around this. This poor 11 yr old was terrified while this unfolded I'm sure. I will never understand how you can hate your EX more than you love your child. That you created and birthed and wth was she driving to NY for to rub it in Dad's face? I hope FL charges her to the fullest. I just don't understand as a parent how you get to this point with your child. She's evil and the new inmates will be happy to meet her I'm sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG

where did you read that though?

I have to agree with you SouthernCutie, I cannot comprehend how anyone can become so consumed with hatred of their ex that it overwhelms their love of their child. I can only understand it by thinking that they must have distorted their thinking by substance abuse. I would have thought some sort of maternal instinct would have bonded her with her child but that obviously is not the case so it has to be substance abuse. The poor child. :rose:

from what I gather this guy hadn't been around in awhile. he hadn't SEEN her since 2014 when they moved to FL. apparently he did talk to her on Skype. im hoping he was involved up til the move and couldn't afford the trip for whatever reason. but to me seems like she snapped like he said. maybe the trials of parenting alone and mental illness, idk.

Such a beautiful child she was. What a sad case. I'm thinking the husbands feeling that she snapped is right, the neighbors said she seemed to be a happy, good mom. I wonder what made her snap?

Dead child's father says estranged wife must have snapped

Plummer's dad, Donath Plummer, who lives in Buffalo, New York, said his daughter was a regular child and may have been struggling with her parents’ separation.

"I can’t even wrap my head around what even would have made (my wife) snap," Plummer said. "That’s exactly what that mugshot looked like. Something pushed her over the edge and she snapped."

wow. Coming here to read this is shocking. :eek:

From the original title heading, I thought there was a car accident, and then someone stumbled upon the body of a child from a previous murder. I had no idea it was like this....RIP sweet Kaye-Lea :rose:

Obviously, this woman has mental issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back