GUILTY FL - Myles Hill, 3, dies in hot day care van, Orlando, 7 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A young boy was found dead Monday night in a van outside an Orlando day care.

The boy’s family said that they dropped him off earlier in the day, and that he’s usually home by 6 p.m. When he still hadn’t returned by about 8 p.m., the family called police.

The boy’s aunt said she asked one of the day care workers where he was, and she said he was gone. “(We) said, ‘Gone where?’ And she pointed at the van.”

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/child-left-in-day-care-van-for-hours-orlando-family-says

OMG that's horrible! That poor child.
RIP little one[emoji29]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

This angers me!!! I hope criminal charges are in the process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boy, Myles K. Hill, would have turned 4 in two weeks.

A day care worker picked him up from his grandmother’s home Monday morning, but did not notice that he was still in the van when she dropped other children off at the Little Miracles Academy on West Colonial Drive, then brought the van back to the day care center’s other location on Plymouth Avenue.

When Myles didn’t come home from day care, his grandmother called 911 to file a missing child report. She also called the day care, where a worker checked the van, found the boy, and called 911.

Criminal charges are pending against the driver. She told officers that she did not do a head count when dropping the children off.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dead-daycare-20170807-story.html

This child was 4 years old, his family said he was usually home by 6, so when he did not return by 8 they called the police WTH, who was supposed to get him home by 6, and WHY did they wait two hours to call the police???????? Maybe I need to read the story :(

How could this happen??? RIP little one....

Poor baby. I know not every family has the luxury of staying home with kids, but I don't think I'll be able to have any unless I can stay home with them.

*&*#*$&

Why is it so difficult to check a vehicle for kids when you are responsible?

The boy, Myles K. Hill, would have turned 4 in two weeks.

A day care worker picked him up from his grandmother’s home Monday morning, but did not notice that he was still in the van when she dropped other children off at the Little Miracles Academy on West Colonial Drive, then brought the van back to the day care center’s other location on Plymouth Avenue.

When Myles didn’t come home from day care, his grandmother called 911 to file a missing child report. She also called the day care, where a worker checked the van, found the boy, and called 911.

Criminal charges are pending against the driver. She told officers that she did not do a head count when dropping the children off.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-child-dead-daycare-20170807-story.html

From the link; BBM

"According to Florida Department of Children and Families records, Little Miracles Academy failed to comply with the “transportation rule” during a July 11 inspection. The facility’s log did not include elements such as arrival and departure times and destination locations, according to the report.

The problem was fixed right away, according to records."

Uh, apparently it wasn't fixed. What else is DCF dishonest about?

that poor baby was probably strapped in a seat. how awful #tears

http://noheatstroke.org/

[h=1]Heatstroke Deaths of Children in Vehicles[/h]732 children left in vehicles have died of heatstroke since 1998.
All of these deaths could have been prevented.
Updated August 8, 2017

Uggg....I really hate to read these stories. I guess I followed the Cooper Harris murder to closely - that's where I learned of the torture these poor babies endure as they slowly bake to death in hot vehicles. Absolutely makes me want to vomit whenever I read about another innocent, helpless child dying in such a gruesome manner.

Such a cutie. So senseless.

RIP little one :rose:

Yes, Blondie in Spokane, it is a terrible way for a poor unfortunate child to die. I hope criminal charges are forthcoming. A daycare kindergarten should know better, that is what they are supposed to do.......care for children!!!!!!!!!

How long does it take to take a quick look inside the van to check for kids left inside? 30 seconds? A minute maybe? ffs

I have worked in daycare over 20 years ago.
The caregiver should know how many kids they had and do counts throughout the day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back