Found Alive TX - Steve Elliott, 60, Longs Peak, 11 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Park rangers are asking the public to be on the lookout for a 60-year-old Texas (made) who attempted to summit Longs Peak Friday morning and hasn’t been seen since.

Steve Elliott was planning on ascending the mountain via the Clark’s Arrow/Loft Route and returning on the Keyhole Route.

The park says conditions were stormy on Friday morning, and there was ice reported on many of the routes.

Search and rescue crews are looking for Elliott in the Chasm Lake area, Clark’s Arrow/Loft Route and Glacier Gorge, but say the weather is quickly deteriorating, hindering their efforts.

Helicopters have also conducted an overhead search on the Keyhole Route, the most popular way to get up the 14,259-foot peak.

http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/amp/news/local/texas-man-missing-in-longs-peak-area/463913549
102fafd38840f2c6e9a5c570101bf4c7.jpg

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I am so happy he is found safe. I have to say, though, when I first clicked on this thread for a Texas man, saw the mountain and read Long's Peak, my first thought was where in the he$$ are mountains in Texas?!!! I'll go get another cup of coffee now, I think I need it.

There are mountains in west Texas, particularly Big Bend and the Guadalupe Mountains. The highest peak is Guadalupe peak at 8750 feet, I have been there several times and it is quite the hike.

I was breathtaking while reading off the comments. Me and my friend to have a peak at the Guadalupe mountains here in TX but decided not to go just now. Huhu how is he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back