TX TX - Laverne Berry, 79, Waxahachie, 7 August 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
79-year-old Laverne Berry was reported missing from his Waxahachie home at about 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 7 in the 400 block of Wyatt Street near downtown Waxahachie and police are still searching for the man diagnosed with Dementia.

Waxahachie Police members of the Mark 9 Search-and-Rescue team deployed a canine unit to conduct an open-air search at about 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9 in an attempt to locate the missing man.

Berry’s sister-in-law stated the family has talked with Berry’s friends, visited places he frequented and looked for him in neighboring cities, such as Italy. “He went somewhere on Monday morning. We don’t know where or when. I don’t have any idea where he has gone. My sister went to sleep and he was outside on the porch. When she woke up he was gone. He does not hang out with too many people. He might walk to the store on Martin Luther King Jr. (Boulevard) and back. We are checking with people that he would normally talk to.”

Berry is described as a very approachable and talkative person with a big smile; he has a slim build, stands about 5-foot-8 and is between 180 – 200 pounds.

AR-170819854.jpg

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...y-and-all-leads-in-search-of-laverne-berry-79
http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...y-and-all-leads-in-search-of-laverne-berry-79

The caller was pretty sure that Mr. Berry was the person they spoke to but our officers didn’t find anything when they checked that area,” Woodruff said. “Tomorrow morning (Saturday) detectives are going back over some thick, overgrown areas near his home and in his neighborhood, just to make sure we haven’t missed something.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...y-and-all-leads-in-search-of-laverne-berry-79

I hope they find him. He has been missing too long now!

[h=1]Five months later, Family, police still seek answers in disappearance of Laverne Berry[/h]
For the family of Laverne Berry, questions about his disappearance remain present in their daily thoughts. Berry is known for his kind heart, friendliness, and the encouragement he provided.

With the impact he made in the lives of others, it is difficult to understand why no one has come forward to share information that could lead police to his whereabouts.

“He is very free-spirited and loving. He is very personable. He will always greet you with a smile. I retired from the military and spent 21 years working for the federal government,” Berry’s son, Michael Berry, said. “I say that my siblings and I success, education, and the people that we have become is because of the foundation he set for us as young kids growing up in Dallas. He taught us to always show respect to everyone. Treat everyone how they want to be treated. He is a just very good-hearted person.”

Growing up, Michael recalled that he and his four siblings would work alongside their father at the dry cleaning business he ran. During those moments at the store, Berry imparted his wisdom and knowledge to his children. When Michael was looking at his future, Berry supported his son’s decision to join the military.
Waxahachie Police Chief Wade Goolsby is asking for the public’s help with new information that would lead to finding Berry.

“At this point in the missing person case of Mr. Berry, we are not receiving any information. We are hoping that this article prompts some people to provide us with some information if they have any knowledge of where he might be,” Goolsby said. “He is entered as a missing person on a national crime information center network. So if any police officer anywhere in the country comes across him, it will pop up that we are looking for him. At this point, we don’t have any idea of where to look.”

Goolsby stated the hardest part of the investigation is not having any clues or leads to work with.

“We just have no idea of what direction he may have gone or where he went. We have followed up on leads that people have provided us, and none of them have panned out. We have had some reported sitings, and when we checked them out they didn’t pan out,” Goolsby shared. “That is the most frustrating part — not being able to locate him for the family and let them know where he is at. This is still an active investigation. At this point, we are not receiving any new information.”
More at link: http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...eek-answers-in-disappearance-of-laverne-berry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back