GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so creepy. Has there been any surveillance footage where he supposedly dropped her off?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Where is her journal laptop and book? What exactly did she write about him? And where is she!

methinks he tried something with her and she resisted

“We decided during our first press conference relating to this case to say that he told us he dropped her off at 10:30pm [on Thursday, ed.] at Refshaleøen, and in relation to my saying we have been given different accounts, it is correct to say that we have been given another explanation since,” Møller said.

<snipped> https://www.thelocal.se/20170814/danish-mystery-submarine-sailed-with-lights-off-witness

Police say Madsen deliberately sank the submarine on Friday, when he was plucked from Koge Bay. Officials lifted the vessel out of the bay, where it had sunk 22 feet.

"The sub has been searched and there is nobody on board — neither dead nor alive," Copenhagen police homicide chief Jens Moller told reporters at a news conference.

Madsen has denied the charge, saying he dropped Wall off in the harbor of Copenhagen late Thursday after she completed her reporting. Madsen has since changed his story, police said Sunday, but declined to explain further.

<snipped> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-missing-journalist-submarine-20170814-story.html

Sounds very suspicious. Not good.

I'm speechless at how bizarre this is. Why would she get off on an island? How was she supposed to get back?

This is so creepy. Has there been any surveillance footage where he supposedly dropped her off?

I wondered the same thing. Would there be a way to release a body into the water through a hatch? Maybe that's what he was doing when he claimed the sub began to take on water.

And, yes, creepy is the right word for it. Can't imagine being trapped below the sea in a submarine with a (alleged) killer!

Where is her journal laptop and book? What exactly did she write about him? And where is she!
Good questions! My guess is they're beneath the sea. If investigators do find her journal, I hope she wrote something incriminating about him (assuming he is guilty of harming her) that can be used against him at trial.

Ironically, journalists will be writing plenty about Madsen now.

I'm speechless at how bizarre this is. Why would she get off on an island? How was she supposed to get back?
If you look at the map it's not actually an island. It's connected to Copenhagen.

If you look at the map it's not actually an island. It's connected to Copenhagen.

Is it poor translation maybe? He described it as an island. I am more incredulous of his story than I am wondering about how she actually got home.

A restaurant owner has given surveillance tapes to the police but won't say what was on them. Don't know if this is relevant or if he just wants attention.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Is it poor translation maybe? He described it as an island. I am more incredulous of his story than I am wondering about how she actually got home.
No, it's called an island, just like Long island or Manhattan I suppose. It's just that there's a narrow step of land that connects it to the mainland. Perhaps that's man-made.

Kim Wall has still not been found. The search continues both on the Danish and the Swedish sides of the sound, as well as on sea.

A restaurant owner has given surveillance tapes to the police but won't say what was on them. Don't know if this is relevant or if he just wants attention.

The said they asked the restaurant owner if he had surveillance from the time period when the alleged killer says he dropped her off and he did.
Which is no doubt why the story has changed.

I should have said - "from what I understand"

The said they asked the restaurant owner if he had surveillance from the time period when the alleged killer says he dropped her off and he did.
Which is no doubt why the story has changed.

I should have said - "from what I understand"

There was an interview with the restaurant owner in a Swedish paper where he hinted that there is something interesting on that tape. True or not, I don't know.

Refshaleøen is an island that is connected to the island of Amager. The Danish capital Copenhagen is located on the islands of Zealand and Amager. Refshaleøen is a festival area. Madsen and Wall left from there earlier in the evening, around 19.00 hrs.

Map from the BBC with the location where she allegedly was dropped off, and sightings of the submarine:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40922750

submarine_mystery_624.png.jpg

Initially Peter Madsen said he dropped Kim Wall off after dark at about 22:30 at the Halvandet restaurant, on the northern tip of Refshaleoen, close to where they had met earlier.

Restaurant owner Bo Petersen said the area was well covered by CCTV and he handed the video footage to police.

We do not know what was on the video but police said Peter Madsen had given them a new account of events. That account has not yet been made public.

PART OF LIFE JACKET FOUND - KIM WALL MISSING

Ekstrabladet.dk
http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/svensk-r...et-redningsvest-i-soegen-paa-kim-wall/6780236

The Swedish naval service has found something in connection with the case of the missing Kim Wall.

This confirmed station manager Frederik Winblad towards Aftonbladet and Expressen late Tuesday evening.

The find was done shortly before 21:00 this evening and it was found in Øresud.

"We have made a discovery, which we believe is of interest, which is why we have tipped the authorities, and we are still on the spot," he said last night.

"We have handed over our findings to the Danish police," said Frederik Winblad.

(...)

'Swedish naval service has found parts of a life jacket. Now transferred. Probably no interest in the matter. Nothing further,' the police writes on Twitter.

BBM

Denmark has förundersökningssekretess aka pre-trial confidentiality.

The Swedish police has worked to try to locate phones. However, the result of that measure would not be communicated by the Swedish contact person as the data at the moment are part of the Danish investigation.

U-BOAT CAPTAIN MADSEN NOW CHARGED WITH 'NEGLIGENT MANSLAUGHTER UNDER PARTICULARLY AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES'

Ekstrabladet.dk
http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/byret-tilfoejer-i-grundlag-for-raket-madsens-faengsling/6780670

Copenhagen City Council has changed the wording of the order for detention of prisoner of inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen. This can be seen in the file, according to Ritzau and Ekstra Bladet who had access to the document.

In the order, 'negligent manslaughter' has been changed to 'negligent manslaughter under particularly aggravating circumstances'. It is the provision that is used, among other things, against drunken drivers.

The written change was made Monday, 14 August. Peter Madsen was detained on Saturday. The police charged him with killing the Swedish journalist Kim Isabel Wall, but that was not the basis for his imprisonment. Instead, it was a subordinate sentence of negligent manslaughter. The subordinate sentence was raised at the hearing where the public was kept outside the room. The clause about negligent manslaughter contains two paragraphs, which are widely different. In the first part, the punishment is a fine or imprisonment up to four months.

BBM

Apparently the earlier wording was a mistake that has now been corrected. This is admissable by Danish law. Maximum penalty under the new clause is 8 years imprisonment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail