Found Deceased TX - Kenneth Draper, 53, Corinth, 10 Aug 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Kenneth Draper, 53, whom everyone calls Ken, was last seen at his and his wife Leslie's home Thursday, August 10 in Corinth, Texas. It was around 11:30 p.m. when Leslie saw the couple's bathroom light go on and off. She had her headphones in and fell asleep listening to an audio book. When she awoke again at 6:30 the next morning, she couldn't find Ken.

Ken wasn't usually up by that time every morning, and if he was, it was to walk the couple's dog. But the dog was still inside and Ken's vehicle was still parked at their home.

She was alarmed and called one of her friends, but tried to not panic right then. But when she got home at 12:30 or so later that afternoon, he still wasn't home. That's when she called police.

Ken and Leslie have been married for 20 years, and it's Ken's second marriage. He's on good terms with his first wife, with whom he has two sons. He has a wide network of friends in the area and lots of family nearby. He's described as the man who is always at every family event.

He and his wife had made plans to head to North Carolina this coming Friday to watch the solar eclipse. They had a house rented and friends coming,

Ken was stressed about work recently, but outside that, they don't believe anything else was troubling him.

Officials believe Ken left on foot of his own free will, but are concerned for Ken's safety.

Several searches have been conducted in and around the wooded areas surrounding the Draper home. Little evidence has been located.

Ken Draper is 53 years old and is described as 5'11" tall, weighing 165 lbs. with brown hair and blue eyes.

ken_draper_image_1_4816adcef57383518820526c71d76c1a.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...help-search-missing-texas-husband-ken-n792476

That's a lot of information! I don't know what to think. The lights flashing on and off in the bathroom make me think it's a signal of some sort but then again... My hinky meter is going off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very odd. But maybe he just turned the light on, used the bathroom, and turned it back off. Who am I kidding? This is websleuths. It is never that easy. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Very odd. But maybe he just turned the light on, used the bathroom, and turned it back off. Who am I kidding? This is websleuths. It is never that easy. Lol

Ha! Well, that's how I thought of it too. When my kids are getting ready for bed their light is often on and off with a couple trips in and out of the bathroom. I have never interpreted it as any kind of code/signal.

Hmm...no mention of a wallet, cell phone or keys. I wonder if they were missing or found in the house. Cell phone activity? I'm also wondering if there were pajamas/sleeping clothes/robe left and if slippers/shoes were missing?

Now, one in my kitchen is always on. Told daughter that lives behind us, if that light is ever off, something has happened.

Ha! Now that I've had a laugh let me explain... when I was younger and lived in an upstairs apartment I would flick the porch light a couple of times to let my friends know that I was safe inside. They would usually be waiting in the car for me to do so. Also, I watch a lot of ID and read a lot of mystery/thrillers.

Hmm...no mention of a wallet, cell phone or keys. I wonder if they were missing or found in the house. Cell phone activity? I'm also wondering if there were pajamas/sleeping clothes/robe left and if slippers/shoes were missing?

That's what I was thinking...a lot of information but not information that would help someone looking for him. That's what set my hinky meter off.

Interesting. Anyone discovered Find FB pages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

“It’s just so unlike him, we’re all shocked,” Gail Percle, Ken’s sister-in-law, told Dateline. “Everуone who knows him is like, ‘Is this a joke? This isn’t funnу.’ No one can believe he’s just gone.”

He’s reserved, but “will talk уour ear off” about anуthing he loves.

And of those things he kept talking about was an upcoming trip. He and his wife had made plans to head to North Carolina this coming Fridaу to watch the solar eclipse, which makes his disappearance that much more frightening.

“Theу had a house rented and friends coming,” Gail told Dateline. “He loves that sort of stuff. He’s a bit nerdу, loves science and stuff. It sounded like he was reallу looking forward to seeing it.”

But Assistant Chief Greg Wilkerson told Dateline theу are concerned for Ken’s safetу.

“We’ve tracked down everу possible lead, but there has been nothing,” Wilkerson said. “We’re hoping someone sees his picture and recognizes him, and calls us. And we can intervene or offer help to him if he needs it.”

Several searches have been conducted in and around the wooded areas surrounding the Draper home, according to officials. Little evidence has been located.

http://latestnews7.com/2017/08/14/f...h-fоr-missing-texas-husband-ken-draper/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

If he left of his own free will (according to the authorities), he most likely had his street clothes on-- not pajamas.
Not sure what to think of his wife noticing the bathroom light going on/off. Wouldn't that just mean he used the restroom ?? ( We keep a nightlight on all the time in our bathrooms, since esp. at night you can use it w/o turning on the overhead lights and 'blinding' oneself. :p )

First thought was that he walked away from his old life-- ran away as in a midlife crisis ?
Second thought was that he ran off with a covert lover ?
Third thought (& I sincerely hope not) was that he committed suicide ?

Although none of these three ideas seem likely--- K.D. appears to be a stable person.

Hope his family finds answers soon.
Wonder what his sons from the former marriage have to say ? Did K.D. seem depressed to them ?

Eta : Possible amnesia ? Have SAR dogs been used ? Sooner is better than after it rains.....

:moo:

Odd details surrounding this one.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This post states that he left all of his belongings at home ( also, interesting comments):
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1471470969575185&id=536712433051048&fs=9

RSBM

Interesting comments by a BD. Sounds very unusual and scary for this to happen to a man like KD is.
Hope he didn't fall somewhere and is in need of medical help !
Also sounds from the PD there, that they've used SAR dogs-- so that answers my previous question.
If he left walking-- how did his trail disappear ?? :(

Not sure if this is a clue... but he took his keys with him. (I'm assuming his truck/vehicle keys)

I wonder if his cell phone was wiped clean?

Well we know he wasn't kidnapped. At least not initially. No commotion of any sort and LE believes he left of his own freeee will I have to get to bed but I think as of now he may have left voluntarily and isn't in any danger.
Hope for answers soon for his loved ones. :eek:fftobed:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back