Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Investigators say David Gipson Smith, 28, of Pilesgrove, New Jersey, visited a friend on August 5 in Maryland and has not been seen since August 6 where he was dropped off in the area of the 2000 block of Woodbine Road.

Smith’s family contacted police Saturday after Smith didn’t return home or report to work.

Police searched the Woodbine area and spoke to residents but had no luck in Smith’s whereabouts.

Smith is described as a 6-foot-4, 230 pound white male.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/08/16/police-search-missing-new-jersey-man-visited-maryland/
e9c4757123e837437cbfc9051530c012.jpg
f5566f8f152a880649f9a11eaece5d41.jpg

Go back and talk to the friend who dropped him off.

The area is considererd country farming area. The immediate location where he was dropped off appeared to be near a creek. Lots of farm land, barns, etc on that street. I'm really afraid he is either in that creek or in one of those barns.

It's definitely not desolate. My daughter plays lacrosse at a park a few miles away, and we visit a farm (larriland farm) just down from that location to pick strawberries and pumpkins. Route 94 (woodbine road) is well traveled and route 144 (frederick road) is a major thoroughfare and just up the road, with Route 40 around 50 yards beyond (which runs coast to coast). My best guess is that he walked up to Rt 40 and hitchhiked somewhere after a fight with his friend.
The area he was dropped off in, if this map is correct, is desolated area. Why would he be dropped off there?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...2!3m1!1s0x89c8295d98337b0b:0xe000600db96813e2

So is there any info from the locals about the fight or anything about the friend? I know his parents are looking at bus stations and train stations or they did recently thinking he left the area. Have you heard anything about drugs?

It's definitely not desolate. My daughter plays lacrosse at a park a few miles away, and we visit a farm (larriland farm) just down from that location to pick strawberries and pumpkins. Route 94 (woodbine road) is well traveled and route 144 (frederick road) is a major thoroughfare and just up the road, with Route 40 around 50 yards beyond (which runs coast to coast). My best guess is that he walked up to Rt 40 and hitchhiked somewhere after a fight with his friend.

Where did you see a fight mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's quite the looker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On David's FB - a friend in San Diego said that he had talked about just showing up there and the guy gave him his address. He posted this on David's FB on the 15th. Said it was a week or so before that David talked about it so. This is probably why they were checking bus and train stations.

Also appears that he was or has been in recovery as someone signed a friend of Bill (Alcoholics Anonymous terminology).

All opinions are my own.

possible. the area is affected by the opioid epidemic.

On David's FB - a friend in San Diego said that he had talked about just showing up there and the guy gave him his address. He posted this on David's FB on the 15th. Said it was a week or so before that David talked about it so. This is probably why they were checking bus and train stations.

Also appears that he was or has been in recovery as someone signed a friend of Bill (Alcoholics Anonymous terminology).

All opinions are my own.

Shouldn't this actually be labeled NJ, not MD? He is from NJ, took a trip to MD, and was left back in NJ.

The family needs to reach out a wider net. He has a history of substance abuse and some criminal history. The folks from that part of his life will be helpful in finding him.

Shouldn't this actually be labeled NJ, not MD? He is from NJ, took a trip to MD, and was left back in NJ.

The family needs to reach out a wider net. He has a history of substance abuse and some criminal history. The folks from that part of his life will be helpful in finding him.

Where did you see his criminial history?

I was unsure. His last seen location is in Maryland, Baltimore.
You can alert a mod if you think it should be changed.

The location is not in Baltimore. It is in the area of the Howard & Carroll County line.
It is farm/horse area but not at all desolate. Just a short distance away is 144 & Woodbine Road which has a shopping center. Also, as another poster stated, Routes 40 & 70 are close by.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back