UNSOLVED NJ - Trenton, Skeleton found under house, Jan'06

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_007160340.html

Repairman Finds Human Skeleton Under House

A repairman fixing a heating duct under a house discovered a clothed human skeleton and police on Saturday said they still were trying to figure out the person’s identity.

“It looked like the guy crawled up in there,” said police spokesman Peter Page. “I don’t know if he was a homeless person or a previous tenant or what.”

The body was discovered Friday by handyman Richard Woods in a crawl space under the kitchen of the house.

He said the torso and the head of the skeleton were under debris but that the rest of it was visible.

“I thought at first it was a Halloween skeleton but then I touched the foot and realized it wasn’t plastic, it was bone,” he said. “It was very scary.”

Oh, my goodness, can you imagine! I would think that would really stink!

The current tenant indicated that from time to time there was a bad smell, but they just thought it was the sewers.

They don't know how long the person was down there, nor do they know if it was an accident or not. Since the head and shoulders are under debris, it is possible someone went down there to fix something and it caved in.

It would be interesting too to know if anyone that previously lived there went missing.

I did a search for Trenton, PA and didn't come up with any missing person on the Doe Network, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that old.

I really want to find out more about this.

I bet the handyman couldn't of got out of there fast enough!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just noticed another story about this and apparently its Trenton, New Jersey NOT PA.

Sorry for the error. The first two (and only) stories just said Trention and they were PA sites....

Yep... the Philadelphia news stations serve Trenton NJ. They have bureaus in Trenton. This is Trenton- the state capital of NJ.

While I realize that it's a stretch, he has been missing from Philly since Feb 05. Trenton, NJ is not far considering that Richard was last seen in a downtown Philly bar and the bridges into NJ would make it a quick trip. His case is the one that came to mind when reading this, especially since there has been absolutely NO new info about him or Danielle Imbo, who went missing with him.

Possibly crawled under the house to hide/evade an evil person? Wonder how long before a cause of death is determined?

Trenton is pretty far from Philly if you're fleeing someone. Even without traffic its at least 45 minutes. Anyway, I don't think he'd leave Danielle alone somewhere to fend for herself.

I agree bykerladi... Especially since they were from S. Jersey. There's no reason to take 95 to Route 1 or 95 to 29 just to go to Trenton. There are better places- like Atlantic City for example.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were someone living under the house. A transient.

Trenton Times
Skeleton may have lain hidden for eight years
Sunday, January 08, 2006
By MICHAEL RATCLIFFE
Staff Writer

TRENTON - The clothed skeleton found in a crawl space under a city home Friday may have lain hidden there for nearly a decade, police said yesterday.

Police said it is far too early to identify the skeleton or say exactly how he or she died, but a preliminary estimate by investigators suggests the person may have died as long as eight years ago.

Police said no obvious signs of trauma were seen during an initial examination of the skeleton, but a full, detailed exam - including the use of X-rays - will be performed.

Unless an obvious wound - such as that caused by a bullet or blade - is found, it could take investigators weeks to determine the cause of death, police said.

How the skeleton came to be in the crawl space under the kitchen of that house in the first block of Trent Street also remained a mystery yesterday.

Police said it was too soon to tell if the person crawled under the house and then died, or if the person was already dead and the body was placed there

Read more here:http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1136711137286351.xml?times?ngx&coll=5

Has anyone heard any info on this . Was it a man or woman and above mentions the remains had clothing... I have looked but have not found anything.

Has anyone heard any info on this . Was it a man or woman and above mentions the remains had clothing... I have looked but have not found anything.

A working link with some more info at the time:

http://www.trentonian.com/article/20060107/TMP02/301079997

"The body was so badly decayed, police said, that they couldn’t be completely certain as to whether it was a male or female, or how long it had been in the house.

Witnesses on the scene believed the corpse was that of a man based on the clothing, but no further identification of the corpse will be available until county medical examiners test the body."

….

Woods, who has done work for the landlord in the past said he believed the house had sat vacant for about a year before Ross moved in, in May of this year.

…..

Ross said she was renting the home from Carla Hogan, wife of Barry Hogan, the former Trenton Public Works Director who passed away in 2000.

Ross said she had lived in other rental properties around the city that were also owned by Hogan for the past 16 years.

A phone call to Hogan’s residence was not immediately returned for a comment on the history of the house or information on the previous renters, whenever they may have been there.

Police spokesman Sgt. Pedro Medina said he thought that the previous tenant had moved out sometime in 2003, but said he was not completely sure of that fact.

edited to add: the person must have been identified because there's no listing for them in the State Police Unidentified listing for Mercer County. I guess we'll never know the full story.

SECOND EDIT: This is truly weird. http://www.trentonian.com/article/20060302/TMP02/303029996

"Cops refuse to reveal ID of mystery corpse"

Then *nothing*.

*poof*

Thank you Marble...strange how it all disappeared and they refused to release any further info....
A working link with some more info at the time:

http://www.trentonian.com/article/20060107/TMP02/301079997

"The body was so badly decayed, police said, that they couldn’t be completely certain as to whether it was a male or female, or how long it had been in the house.

Witnesses on the scene believed the corpse was that of a man based on the clothing, but no further identification of the corpse will be available until county medical examiners test the body."

….

Woods, who has done work for the landlord in the past said he believed the house had sat vacant for about a year before Ross moved in, in May of this year.

…..

Ross said she was renting the home from Carla Hogan, wife of Barry Hogan, the former Trenton Public Works Director who passed away in 2000.

Ross said she had lived in other rental properties around the city that were also owned by Hogan for the past 16 years.

A phone call to Hogan’s residence was not immediately returned for a comment on the history of the house or information on the previous renters, whenever they may have been there.

Police spokesman Sgt. Pedro Medina said he thought that the previous tenant had moved out sometime in 2003, but said he was not completely sure of that fact.

edited to add: the person must have been identified because there's no listing for them in the State Police Unidentified listing for Mercer County. I guess we'll never know the full story.

SECOND EDIT: This is truly weird. http://www.trentonian.com/article/20060302/TMP02/303029996

"Cops refuse to reveal ID of mystery corpse"

Then *nothing*.

*poof*

Goodness. This reminds me of that one guy:
"Paul Shigeo Kawasaki
Kawasaki, 51, disappeared from Los Angeles, California on July 18, 2005. In July 2010, his remains were found stuffed in the crawl space of his own house. No one had lived there since he disappeared. Kawasaki liked to spend time in enclosed spaces, and a pillow was found with his remains, so investigators think he may have been napping in the crawl space when he died."
(from charleyproject.com)

Not in Namus unless the date (Jan 06)was incorrect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back