TCupps2.jpg
TCupps3.jpg
​
TCupps1.jpg

Teresa Cupps

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Missing Since: 1977

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'3" -- Weight: 120 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Teresa has a tattoo on her right ankle and may have an additional tattoo on her lower right leg. She has track marks on her arms from heroine use. She may have a scar on her abdominal area. She may use the alias Kimbi R. Boyd, Virginia Collins, Kimbi Boyd, and/or Kimbi Cupps. She may also use an alias date of birth.

During the mid-1970s, Teresa lived at Girlstown, a juvenile shelter in Tecumseh. Teresa was convicted of larceny in 1975. She stopped reporting to her probation officer in 1977. That's the last found solid documentation located. Everything found from police records, hospital records, and social security, ends in 1975.

Doe Network

Charley Project

Namus https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12468/0/

The thing that first came into mind was that she may have been an early victim of the
Oklahoma City Butcher.

I think its possible she had an overdose and perished from it and her remains have gone unidentified. She could have been in a drug den at the time and others hid her body due to not waiting to be charged with murder or possession of drugs.

In her fathers obituary she is listed as a survivor of him. I did some research on the family and they are from White Eagle, Oklahoma which is a reservation for the ponca tribe (I believe) and she may be listed as Native American UID

I'm not entirely sure how accurate the information I stated before is since it came from a genealogy website, but I did found a couple of interesting things while doing a little more research this past weekend.

At the time of her disappearance she was living with a man named Bobby L. Boyd in the Oklahoma, City area.
(Link: Searching for Teresa Gail Cupps)

Some information on the "shelter" formally named Girls Town: during the 1970's it was the only state-run facility to hold juvenile girls. It has been described as an institution for incorrigible and disturbed girls. It has had various different names over the years. It's propose was to be a reform school.
it closed during the mid-1980's due to a lawsuit and reopened again in 1992 as Central Oklahoma Juvenile Treatment Center.

According to previous inmates of GT once you became of age you would either be transferred to another facility, discharged completely, or even just dropped off in downtown Oklahoma City area. Here is an article about these claims: Oklahoma woman recalls horrors of child welfare system at 30th anniversary of Institute for Child Advocacy

There is also a book by a former Superintendent called "Born Innocent" which was also made into a film in 1974 if anyone is interested in more about the facility.

this information may or not be useful but it could give somewhat of a background to what could have been going on in her life prior to her disappearance.

The thing that first came into mind was that she may have been an early victim of the
Oklahoma City Butcher.

I think its possible she had an overdose and perished from it and her remains have gone unidentified. She could have been in a drug den at the time and others hid her body due to not waiting to be charged with murder or possession of drugs.

In her fathers obituary she is listed as a survivor of him. I did some research on the family and they are from White Eagle, Oklahoma which is a reservation for the ponca tribe (I believe) and she may be listed as Native American UID

White Eagle even today is a very small and impoverished reservation.

Teresa's mother (JPB) died in 2003. In her memorial on find a grave there is stated "She was preceded in death by her mother, JC; and a daughter, Teresa."

Joy Pauline Coffman Bracken (1939-2003) - Find A...

I couldn't find a clear trace back to White Eagle or Ponca Reservation on neither the Cupps name or mothers maiden name, although if you search on surname Cupps it turns up to be a frequent surname within the Native American population.

The CUPPS surname in the USA

Bumping!
Teresa is very special to me as I am a heroin user and sex worker
I wish there was more information on her :(

Hi @CreoleMoon. In your profile I saw you live in New Orleans. Would you be willing to tell us when and were you met Teresa and the year(s), if you are able to recall. Maybe you can add to the limited information on Teresa. Thanks a lot upfront.

Attempt to reconstruct the events based on the different sources posted upthread. Please correct or add.

1957, April 8th Teresa Cupps was born
? - ? Lived in Girls Town, Tecumseh, OK
1975, April 8th Teresa turned 18, probably out of the system, juvenile detention/shelter
1975 All paper trails (police records, hospital records, and social security) under the name of Teresa G. Cupps ends
1975? After coming out of the system? lives with BLB? in Oklahoma city?, starts using his surname most likely from that point.
1975, December 5th Convicted of Grand Larceny under the name of Kimbi R. Boyd, no incarceration followed it seems, Oklahoma County, no city mentioned. Goes into the Department of Corrections system under that name.
1975 - 1979 Probation period
1977 Somewhere in, stopped reporting to her probation officer, last found solid documentation located. Missed appointment date unknown, also last reporting date she showed up unknown.
1977 January 1st, default missing date in missing person files, because the exact date when she went missing in 1977 is unknown.

So did someone else report her missing or did the probation officer do it after she stopped checking in and he/she couldn’t find her?

Her aliases are interesting to me. I hope that she was able to make a new identity and didn’t actually disappear. But I don’t think it’s very likely unfortunately.

So did someone else report her missing or did the probation officer do it after she stopped checking in and he/she couldn’t find her?

Her aliases are interesting to me. I hope that she was able to make a new identity and didn’t actually disappear. But I don’t think it’s very likely unfortunately.

Teresa Gail Cupps – The Charley Project

After she didn't show up at the parole officer's a warrant was issued for her arrest. Thirteen years (not sure this fits with the records on her arrest, could have been longer, but anyway) later, after no sign of Cupps, the state dropped the charges against her.

After Cupps's mother's death in 2004 (according to her obituary she died in 2003), her younger sister filed a missing persons report. IIRC this was in 2006. IMO this says something about how her mother felt about it all (I don't know the family dynamics but it doesn't sound Teresa had a good relationship with her mother) and her sister went along with mother's feelings/view, not wanting to tore open old wounds, waited to act, until she passed and the sister was up to it.

Last edited:
Teresa Gail Cupps – The Charley Project

After she didn't show up at the parole officer's a warrant was issued for her arrest. Thirteen years (not sure this fits with the records on her arrest, could have been longer, but anyway) later, after no sign of Cupps, the state dropped the charges against her.

After Cupps's mother's death in 2004 (according to her obituary she died in 2003), her younger sister filed a missing persons report. IIRC this was in 2006. IMO this says something about how her mother felt about it all (I don't know the family dynamics but it doesn't sound Teresa had a good relationship with her mother) and her sister went along with mother's feelings/view, not wanting to tore open old wounds, waited to act, until she passed.

Thank you. I’ve read about that before, but after reading about so many cases here, it’s hard to keep it all straight.

That’s really sad for Teresa. It’s obvious to me because of her aliases that she wanted to become someone else.

I’m going to spend some time looking through UIDs.

What are the chances that she could have met a rich “John” that swept her up into a new life ala “Pretty Woman”?

Thank you. I’ve read about that before, but after reading about so many cases here, it’s hard to keep it all straight.

That’s really sad for Teresa. It’s obvious to me because of her aliases that she wanted to become someone else.

I’m going to spend some time looking through UIDs.

What are the chances that she could have met a rich “John” that swept her up into a new life ala “Pretty Woman”?

I can understand, sometimes you can mix up things. Never mind.

I don't know if she used aliases because she pursued dreams of another life, I think we all do from time to time. IMO using aliases always makes me some kind of suspicious. Why do you need them? Maybe she wanted to leave her "old life" behind, making a statement, but it could also be she tried to get rid of her past so no connection, back tracking could be made with her "bad girl" reputation on file.

It's hard for me to imagine she could be a candidate for the Pretty Woman scenario, but I sure hope this is the case. But.... if she made it somehow and lives a happy, fulfilled life, why holding back to make contact with her younger sister, who is so desperately looking for her and couldn't have done something wrong/contributed to her misfortune. Also the fact that her parents both died would make that easier IMO.

I can understand, sometimes you can mix up things. Never mind.

I don't know if she used aliases because she pursued dreams of another life, I think we all do from time to time. IMO using aliases always makes me some kind of suspicious. Why do you need them? Maybe she wanted to leave her "old life" behind, making a statement, but it could also be she tried to get rid of her past so no connection, back tracking could be made with her "bad girl" reputation on file.

It's hard for me to imagine she could be a candidate for the Pretty Woman scenario, but I sure hope this is the case. But.... if she made it somehow and lives a happy, fulfilled life, why holding back to make contact with her younger sister, who is so desperately looking for her and couldn't have done something wrong/contributed to her misfortune. Also the fact that her parents both died would make that easier IMO.
I know it’s extremely unlikely. The only good explanation I can think of for those questions is that maybe something happened to her AFTER she assumed a new identity. But that still leaves us with the same sad conclusion.
I wish @CreoleMoon would come back and join us…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back