French Senator claims we need to learn to live with recurring terror attacks

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Terrorist attacks using vehicles such as in Barcelona are 'becoming a new reality for Europeans' according to experts.

Nathalie Goulet, a French senator said: 'Someone who gets in their car and crashes into a crowd, unfortunately we need to learn to live with that and every citizen must remain vigilant.'

The latest attacks in Barcelona and the seaside resort of Cambrils on Thursday has left at least 14 dead and 100 injured.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-terror-attacks-new-normal.html#ixzz4qAWq9ciz

After 16 attacks in Europe in the last two years which have killed 364 innocent men, women and children I say enough is enough it is time to get tough. We do not need to get used to it. We should never get used to it. Countries need to do everything possible to keep people safe not enough is currently being done.

Spain's failure to put road blocks up which would have stopped the latest attack in Barcelona which they were warned could happen over a year in advance is absolutely disgraceful.

How much more distress and candlelight vigils do we need to have before substantial preventative measures are taken to protect the innocent? I am deeply concerned that this is going to be it for the rest of everyone's lives terrorist attack after terrorist attack around the globe but mostly in Europe. With thousands of innocent men, women and children lying murdered in the streets over the years. So no French Senator we do not need to get used to it nor should we have to.

Sorry for ranting but I am absolutely furious about the lack of action being taken to at least try and prevent terrorist attacks it's like the governments aren't interested.

This graphic shows all the terrorist attacks in Europe over the last two years it is horrific to see.

IMG_0133.JPG

I do agree we need more barriers but at what point will we just be holed up in our homes afraid to go anywhere? I've pretty much crossed my bucket list of going over the pond off my list. I have no desire to go there now and I hate that. I don't want to be scared Nancy but that's where I'm at now.

I do agree we need more barriers but at what point will we just be holed up in our homes afraid to go anywhere? I've pretty much crossed my bucket list of going over the pond off my list. I have no desire to go there now and I hate that. I don't want to be scared Nancy but that's where I'm at now.

You have much more chance of being murdered in the US, than by a terrorist in Europe. Look at some stats re killing in both areas.

You have much more chance of being murdered in the US, than by a terrorist in Europe. Look at some stats re killing in both areas.

Much more. It's strange to me when people think the US is safer..

There's not much that people can do but live with it right now. More needs to be done but it's a difficult one.

Much more. It's strange to me when people think the US is safer..

There's not much that people can do but live with it right now. More needs to be done but it's a difficult one.

I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.

I'll take my chances in a rural area of my USA over the hotbed of terror that is Europe. And no not much can be done because the terrorists already have made their beds over there.

And speaking of beds it's after 3 Here so I'm going to bed with hopes I don't wake up to another travesty across the pond.

White supremacists like in Charlottesville are much more dangerous than Islamism terrorism. Numbers don't lie.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_594c46e4e4b0da2c731a84df

If you like white supremacists, better not talking to me.

Number don't lie---unless you purposely leave out the 2,900 innocents that died in NYC in 2001. That huffnpost article conveniently left that little incident out of their 'numbers.'

Number don't lie---unless you purposely leave out the 2,900 innocents that died in NYC in 2001. That huffnpost article conveniently left that little incident out of their 'numbers.'

Well, wouldn't that make the US far more dangerous to life and limb than Europe? Americans are now terrified of going to Europe, but how many people were murdered in the US, yesterday? A few more than thirteen, I would say.

Why then, are people afraid to go to Europe?

And you would be quite safe in a rural area of Europe too.

The study was about years 2008-2016. So, the article didn't "conveniently leave that little incident out of their numbers" because it was not in the original study to begin with.
If you read further said article, you would find that even since the 2900 victims of 9/11, it doesn't change the ratio.

I won't go as far as inviting you to bother reading the original studies !

Wow! So we just have to deal with it? Not cool.

It is definitely not cool! Statements like this really anger me.

I'm sorry to say many places are no longer on my list to go. I would not go to London, Paris, Belgium, Germany, Spain at the moment. I've been to London, Paris and Spain and they are lovely places but it is too risky for me right now.

Actually, you are much less at risk for your life and limbs in Europe than in the US.
US is the country with higher homicide rate than European countries, according to OECD : http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/safety/

I understand this but at least in the U.S you can take steps to keep yourself safe by avoiding dangerous areas etc. If you go to Europe it is just your luck whether you are in the wrong place at the wrong time when terrorists strike and there is next to nothing you can do to keep yourself safe.

Not true either. You can avoid dangerous areas in Europe too.

Mass killings in US do happen much more often than in Europe. You are in greater danger in gun unregulated countries like the US

White supremacists like in Charlottesville are much more dangerous than Islamism terrorism. Numbers don't lie.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_594c46e4e4b0da2c731a84df

If you like white supremacists, better not talking to me.

Say what? I don't like white supremacists. I'm brown. I just don't really feel unsafe where I live. At all. In all honestly my naive mind thinks I'm pretty safe where I live from either of these terrorists groups. My point was I have zero desire now to visit those wonderful countries in Europe that I so wanted to visit. I'm fine now with having never left North America. Sad but true.

Not true either. You can avoid dangerous areas in Europe too.

Mass killings in US do happen much more often than in Europe. You are in greater danger in gun unregulated countries like the US

:goodpost: That's the truth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back