Lance Armstrong reportedly dumps Sheryl Crow before Christmas (again!)

It's a shame it didn't work out--so he dumped her---he must be taking his time, enjoying being a celeb. Any others in the picture??? Probably

Sheryl Crow is so pretty & down to earth. Recently seen them in a TV interview together.I wondered about him???

I hope she doesn't take him back this time if he changes his mind. Even his family is upset with him.

DK--Your link didn't take me directly to the article, so I will post the link I used too. http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Daily2006/060109.html

Snips:

word from Texas is that Lance gave Sheryl the heave-ho right before Xmas.

"He was a cad," remarked one of Lance's relatives, regarding the seven-time Tour de France winner's reported dumping of glitzy rocker-babe Crow. "And Lance's family is trying to get him to change his mind; that's why [the news] hasn't gotten out yet."...More at link

It would be kind of hard for them to both be going in the same direction. I wouldn't want to follow her around on tour. Since his life has been all biking, he probably hasn't ever head this much free time. Maybe he has just too much free time and too much popularity. I guess we'll know more soon.

Jean said:
I hope she doesn't take him back this time if he changes his mind. Even his family is upset with him.

DK--Your link didn't take me directly to the article, so I will post the link I used too. http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful/Daily2006/060109.html

Snips:

word from Texas is that Lance gave Sheryl the heave-ho right before Xmas.

"He was a cad," remarked one of Lance's relatives, regarding the seven-time Tour de France winner's reported dumping of glitzy rocker-babe Crow. "And Lance's family is trying to get him to change his mind; that's why [the news] hasn't gotten out yet."...More at link
Oops, it was the link to page 2 of the article, I changed it to what you used, thanks!!! Just scroll down a few paragraphs. ;)

I believe it. I admire all he has done, but I started reading his book and he called his wife his "stud" or something like that. I didn't care for him after that; he also is so "tight" with his mother, that would be hard for any spouse.

Jean said:
I hope she doesn't take him back this time if he changes his mind...
We don't know the entire story; but, perhaps, he gave her an ultimatum about her career--like quit touring or else. I can very easily imagine the ego that it takes to reach his level of competition. I can see that it would be very hard for him to give up the spotlight and follow her around the world, sitting in the audience or a hotel room waiting for her.

In any case, I would not take him back. If she does, she is in for a lifetime of misery.

in an interview i believe before the 6th Tour, sheryl said she was happy to put things aside for lance, with the expectation that he do the same for her at some point.

i don't know if any of you followed lance's cycling career before he had cancer, but he was "difficult" then too. for a while it really appeared that he got it all together, but now i guess not. i was always impressed with sheryl during her interviews, but then i was impressed by his first wife kristen.

Hmmm, I used to know people in high school who used to dump their b/f or g/f around Christmas so they didn't have to buy a present. My nephew's g/f dumped him at Christmas because he didn't get her an engagement ring. They had only dated for 7 months and he is still in college and they are both only 25. Smart guy, IMO.

A lot of guys (especially those with huge egos) can't handle woman with successful careers, large salaries and a life in the spotlight of her own.

Many women like Sheryl have a hard time keeping a man because of their success. It's a shame but it's the truth. She will find the right man, though. He just probably won't be a huge celebrity.

Did anyone else notice how Sheryl Crow got much better looking after she started dating Lance? I am not dissing her, just commenting, she used to seem kind of wrinkly-faced, and then her wrinkles went away, no? I would like to know her secret, in case I ever get any wrinkles...:rolleyes:

Not that it should matter, but I think if I was partnered with a gorgeous, chiselled physical specimen like Lance, I would probably feel very insecure about my looks, and would feel very motivated to stay in great shape too! Especially if I was older, which I believe she is about 10 years older than him, no?

Anyway, regarding the breakup, remember, there are 2 sides to a story, maybe Lance had good reasons?

sandraladeda said:
Did anyone else notice how Sheryl Crow got much better looking after she started dating Lance? I am not dissing her, just commenting, she used to seem kind of wrinkly-faced, and then her wrinkles went away, no? I would like to know her secret, in case I ever get any wrinkles...:rolleyes: QUOTE]

She has a nice body and nice hair.. She's not a bad looking woman but nothing stricking to me.. I do like her music... :p

She is quite thin. Don't think Lance dumped her for getting fat,that's for sure!

This is one that makes me a little sad--sad, if it is true that they have broken up, and sad I even care, haha!
I have always thought that Sheryl Crow was an awesome musician and singer, I have seen her live twice....But, she has always seemed to have bad luck in the love dept, and she and Lance Armstrong seemed so happy together. Well, if it is true that they have split, I expect we will get another great CD from her soon. Most of my favorites from her are about heartbreak, etc.

What a shame!!! I thought they would make it once their engagement was announced last September.

She doesn't "need" him financially and she doesn't need to hitch her star to his wagon. I get the feeling from the limited amount of times I've heard him speak that he's more machine than man and has an ego that makes Texas look like the size of an M&M. I think he's one of those men who needs someone constantly feeding that ego and I'm thinking he's not getting that from Crow.

Jeana (DP) said:
She doesn't "need" him financially and she doesn't need to hitch her star to his wagon. I get the feeling from the limited amount of times I've heard him speak that he's more machine than man and has an ego that makes Texas look like the size of an M&M. I think he's one of those men who needs someone constantly feeding that ego and I'm thinking he's not getting that from Crow.
You have Lance pegged; I agree with you wholeheartedly. He's too tightly wrapped in his ego, and it keeps getting in everyone's way. She needs to kick him to the curb, and move on; he isn't going to change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back