GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bently

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.decaturish.com/2017/08/dekalb-police-investigating-disappearance-of-woman-who-went-missing-from-druid-hills-home/

Jenna Van Gelderen last seen on Friday and her brother reported her missing on Aug. 20. She was house sitting for her parents who live near Emory University.

Her parents were in Canada at the time. Her brother told police that when he came to check on his sister on Saturday she wasn’t there but the TV and lights were on. A painting had been removed from a frame hanging on the living room wall, the police report says.

There was no sign of forced entry or a struggle. Her blue 2010 Mazda was also missing.

Van Gelderen’s friend said he saw her on Friday and they had a brief conversation before she left, the friend told police. Her friend had not heard from her since. Another friend said she had a conversation with Van Gelderen on Saturday and later received a text saying she was lying down. Her friend said she hadn’t heard from Van Gelderen since and was trying to call her, but her phone kept going straight to voice mail.

Here is a photo of Van Gelderen that was being distributed on the Nextdoor website. People with information about her whereabouts are urged to contact police.

Jenna.JPG

Flyer says no internet, phone or credit card usage since 18 August.

ETA: Her parents have been posting about this on their own facebook page since this weekend (has been on my feed) but today is the first MSM article for which to start a thread. No "official" facebook page yet.

I'm seeing quite a bit of activity on this thread for guests. 27 guests at the moment.

If you are friends/family member, please check out the threads at this link for how to get the case in the media, how to make missing persons flyers, how to obtain outreach... etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-MISSING

I have not seen another MSM article other than the one posted above. I have not seen a LE/Missing Pieces Network etc. flyer for distribution, or family outreaching to the media yet either. I have indeed seen the father posting on facebook, which we are not allowed to link per TOS here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?60-Missing-Persons-Discussion

ETA: 38 guests now on this thread just 3 minutes later. A dearth of information perhaps that only one article and WS showing when one googles her name?

Not positive if this post is allowed, please delete if not & I apologize in advance if it's not. This post has a photo of Jenna's vehicle. Thought this may be helpful!
eac3800610f7588ac61d854b31ed576b.png

that post is from 2016 so very unlikely it led to her disappearance

Ahh! Good catch!
Like I mentioned, I only glanced at her FB briefly & it was the 3rd post down & just so happened to be in August, as well. My mistake! Apologies for confusing anyone!!

I checked Jenna's facebook and we have 1 mutual friend.
Also, her parent's home is within a few miles of mine.
I hope she is found safe and soon.
There is a post about her on nextdoor but there is no more info than what has been mentioned in the thread so far.

Very surprised there is not more on MSM about this. Hope for good news.

Painting was missing from a frame on the wall? I thought something was missing on the wall but I did not realize that they had removed a painting from a frame, and assume from this ....the frame was left behind?

Perhaps I am understanding it incorrectly, or poor journalistic communication?

I wish I knew what was missing.

Was it a painting of the family?

Was it a non-sentimental valuable painting?

Specifically saying it was a painting, and it was removed from the frame...and not a photograph, leads me to :thinking: ...

Again I wonder if it is poor journalism communication and I am not reading it correctly.

I was just sharing and posting then I saw this. :grouphug:

Dixie, if nothing illegal happened, we may never know. Just a sigh of relief that she is back with family.

No MSM yet, but father is posting found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against TOS to do so Hippononymous. We cannot link to family facebook. I have followed from a week ago, and yes, I am seeing it too on a place where we cannot link to that she has been found per TOS at WS.

Glad that she has been found, and although they haven't asked for privacy, I would assume such unless we see more in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth