IL - Teen shot by cop: 'He told me, I'm lucky that he didn't kill me'

Tawny

Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ial-marco-proano-met-0824-20170823-story.html

teen who was shot by a Chicago police officer now on trial on charges of using unreasonable force testified Wednesday that the officer told him after the shooting that he was lucky he didn't kill him.

Officer Marco Proano faces civil rights charges for shooting 16 times into a car full of teens as it backed away from him a few days before Christmas in 2013.

--

Opinion: Watching the video is disturbing. The way the officer ran over to the car with his sidearm turned to the side like some wannabe gangster... Super weird.

The article stated the teens were in a stolen car and they had a BB gun. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The article stated the teens were in a stolen car and they had a BB gun. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

I really don't know but I do know BB guns looks just like a real handgun the way they are being made today.

I read it as the officers thought it was a stolen car, but maybe I misread.

Regardless, based on the video, they were fleeing and I feel that is not a good enough reason to begin firing into a vehicle. Police need to be more cognizant of surroundings. There was another car present (innocent "bystander") in a neighborhood and ricochets do kill as well. It was very irresponsible and not at all excusable IMHO.

" the officer told him after the shooting that he was lucky he didn't kill him." True, he could have easily done it and gotten away with it.

" the officer told him after the shooting that he was lucky he didn't kill him." True, he could have easily done it and gotten away with it.

And probably will get away with shooting him, as it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back