TX TX - Hop Nguyen, 32, Grand Prairie, 17 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Mysterious video found after 32-year-old man disappears in Grand Prairie, family says

Detectives haven't said whether they suspect foul play, but Hop Nguyen's relatives and friends are especially concerned because home security footage from the night he disappeared shows someone placing paper over the camera outside his front door in the 2400 block of Lancaster Drive. The person tries to hide his appearance before it sounds like he opens the door.

The 32-year-old was was last seen about 10:30 p.m. driving his white Nissan 350Z convertible on State Highway 161 as he exited Lower Tarrant Road, family friend Shally Nguyen said. His car is also missing.

Nguyen is a 5-foot-7 Vietnamese-American man who weighs about 165 pounds, his sister Jenni Nguyen said. He has short black hair, brown eyes, a scar behind his right ear and a half-sleeve dragon tattoo on his right arm. He also has a tattoo on his right inner arm with the letters "TFT." He is missing the tip of his right index finger, she said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/missing-person/2017/08/27/32-year-old-man-missing-grand-prairie

4b5dce59fcaeb1e74e7fa003347f36fa.jpg
4db626512ab52a00c796028146f5391d.jpg
4457367ee19add66f89f4b084a4ea59a.jpg

The video of the person covering the camera shows it is from "Ring". From their website it looks like this brand of cameras can notify homeowners with live video when motion is detected. So when the person backs up toward the door and covers the camera it could have notified him. Have they stated if he was believed to be home at the time or if the person broke in and perhaps waited for him to arrive?

I have a camera like that. I absolutely love it. Certainly, anyone who comes prepared to cover a camera is up to no good.... this cannot end well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Facebook now says "Page not found, the link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed". A bit odd if it was working before. I have found that sometimes when someone goes missing (or commits a crime), their facebook is deleted. But it could have contained a lot of clues for LE or the family to comb through...

I just searched his name on google with Dallas in quotes (since Grand Prairie is near Dallas), and some LinkedIn pages came up. Does anyone know what field of work he was in? Maybe that can provide some clues. I can't view this LinkedIn page, but on the Google search it says "Hop Nguyen. Teamcenter Consultant / Solution Architect / Software Engineer / Teamcenter Developer at Independent Contractor. Location: Dallas, Texas".

Maybe he worked in Dallas but lived in Grand Prairie? I don't know if any of this is helpful, there's not a lot to go on with this case it seems. And FWIW, he's not on NamUs yet...

Facebook now says "Page not found, the link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed". A bit odd if it was working before. I have found that sometimes when someone goes missing (or commits a crime), their facebook is deleted. But it could have contained a lot of clues for LE or the family to comb through...
It's still working for me.

Hmm, maybe it has something to do with privacy settings as I'm not logged in on facebook.

I have a camera like that. I absolutely love it. Certainly, anyone who comes prepared to cover a camera is up to no good.... this cannot end well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I completely agree. I wonder if he had cooperated with LE, if that was him indicted, and it was not appreciated. Wonder what other
reason(s) or motive someone would have for wanting to kidnap or harm him?

If I had that camera capability at my front door. I don't think I would answer the door if the camera was covered up. Maybe he looked through the peep hole when he noticed the camera covered and knew the person at the door, so he opened it???

If I had that camera capability at my front door. I don't think I would answer the door if the camera was covered up. Maybe he looked through the peep hole when he noticed the camera covered and knew the person at the door, so he opened it???
I don't think anyone of sound mind would answer their door if they'd just seen someone covering their security camera.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone of sound mind would answer their door if they'd just seen someone covering their security camera.

Agree, and I'm not sure it's even been stated that this happened while Hop was home. I've wondered if someone "broke in" and laid in wait for him to return.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Agree, and I'm not sure it's even been stated that this happened while Hop was home. I've wondered if someone "broke in" and laid in wait for him to return.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
That's one of my biggest fears..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members