Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonypotomous

Reaction score
attachment.php

[FONT=&amp]Texas Realtor vanishes right before Hurricane Harvey[/FONT][FONT=&amp] strikes!

[/FONT]
Crystal Seratte McDowell[FONT=&amp], age 38, of Baytown TX[/FONT][FONT=&amp] was last seen around 7:30 a.m. on the morning of Friday, August 25, 2017. She went missing prior to the hurricane hitting the area. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Crystal is a real estate [/FONT][FONT=&amp]agent and was scheduled to show a new construction property in Crosby [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Texas that morning, but it was cance[/FONT][FONT=&amp]lled due to the impending storm.

Her black Mercedes C-Class with Texas plates HBB-6351 is also missing.

Crystal is 5’4” tall, weighs 120 lbs., has long blonde hair, hazel eyes and has pierced ears. She was last seen wearing a light pink/purple dress. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Anyone with information about her case is urged to call the Chambers County Police Department at (409) 267-2500.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CrystalMcDowellRealtor/photos/?ref=page_internal

[/FONT]

Attachments

• 21167066_1902252023128456_5189440307451304596_o.jpg
    21167066_1902252023128456_5189440307451304596_o.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 2,993
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 3.47.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 3.47.28 PM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5,045
She used to live in Duncan, OK according to a news article I read.

3 days and still missing.

What a beautiful lady. It could be a blessing or a curse that she went missing just before the storm. Blessing: Communication is horrible now so that could explain why she hasn't been in touch. Curse: There is absolutely no one in LE out there looking for her. They are just too occupied with the storm/victims. Hoping for the best with this......

You would think she would get in touch with someone if she was getting away before HH struck.

The fact that she usually does keep in contact w/ family/friends has me worried.

I hope they talk to the ex husband she was staying with since her townhouse was being built.

Jmo.

UGH!!! It didn't hit me until I read the article again----She has kids. I just can't imagine a mother not being in contact in some form or fashion during a storm like this. Yes, I, too hope they talk to the ex.

Crystal is also a flight attendant and in flight instructor. Part of having that occupation means you have a heightened sense of situational awareness. More than the average person I'd hasten to say. I can't imagine what may have happened to her. I just read that her car was found and people arrested? Praying.

What a stunning beauty! Praying for this to turn out well.

With all the hurricane coverage this is the first I have heard. I live in Crosby. She's from Baytown and her car was found in Mount Belvieu. That's north and east of Baytown and not on the way to Crosby.

She was scheduled to show a house in Crosby but it was cancelled, so did she make it to Crosby? You would generally take Garth Road up and come that way. Lots of land and only 2 lights I think coming from that way once you are out of town. Not a lot of stopping and places to get car jacked. She could have been followed though. Or she could have come over to 2100 I guess and came up that way. She would drive through the Highlands and Barret Station. Barrett station can be rough which is why I take the other way.

No one will be able to search right now. 90-95% of the roads are underwater or inaccessible.

I wish I knew who was arrested with her car. It would give me an idea of the area they are familiar with. I grocery shop in Baytown.

The shipping channel, Trinity River, San Jacinto River are potential dump sites. With this much rain, everything is flowing quickly into the gulf.

Will keep my eyes open once we can venture out.

Nothing really new I don't think.

http://m.baytownsun.com/news/article_999e6db2-8c3c-11e7-98ae-230a6c6b55ec.html?mode=jqm

Crystal Seratte McDowell has been missing since Friday. The 38-year-old real estate agent was last heard from that morning when she told her uncle she had an opening and closing that day. And has not been heard from since.

With the onset of Hurricane Harvey, first-responders have been stretched beyond their limit and McDowell’s disappearance has been put on the back burner. Meanwhile, McDowell’s family in Texas and Oklahoma are left to worry and answer phone calls to their ads on social media.

Her first cousin Melissa Cherry said McDowell has canceled a walk-through earlier that morning.

“I don’t think this is a storm thing,” Cherry said. “She had appointments the day before and that day. We haven’t heard from her since that morning. She was driving a black Mercedes and because of the flooding, we have not been able to get out and look for it. The family can’t look for her and the police are busy. It is not like her to not contact anyone.”

McDowell also has children, which are at her ex-husband’s home that she has not contacted. Cherry said she has gotten numerous calls of abandoned Mercedes cars and even some calls of people claiming to have her and trying to extort money.

McDowell’s uncle Jeff Walters, who she works with in the realty business, was one of the last to hear from her.

‘I reported her missing Saturday morning,” he said. “This is a helpless feeling. We contacted the FBI. They are not really saying much about it right now and they are flooded in. We contacted the Baytown Police Department and they said they really could not help. We have contacted the Chambers County Sheriff Department.”

Walters said Equusearch has also been contacted by the family but must be contacted by Chambers County.

As far as the family knows, she was supposed to attend an opening that morning and a closing at 2 p.m. based on a phone call that morning from her to Walters. Walters said she had a good attitude when she called and was looking forward to the day. He had tried to find out who the closing and opening was with and has attempted to contact the closing companies but they have been closed.

The family is asking for any assistance in locating McDowell. She is described as being 5-4, 120 with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink and purple dress and driving a new model Black C Class Mercedes with a tag of HBB-6351.

Those with any information are asked to call the Chambers County Sheriff’s Department at (409) 267-2500.

The weather wasn't horrible that day. I was at work until 3pm. Some rain but nothing horrible. Left early to prep some more. Flooding didn't start until Friday night in really low areas, it has gotten much worse since then.

With all the hurricane coverage this is the first I have heard. I live in Crosby. She's from Baytown and her car was found in Mount Belvieu. That's north and east of Baytown and not on the way to Crosby.

She was scheduled to show a house in Crosby but it was cancelled, so did she make it to Crosby? You would generally take Garth Road up and come that way. Lots of land and only 2 lights I think coming from that way once you are out of town. Not a lot of stopping and places to get car jacked. She could have been followed though. Or she could have come over to 2100 I guess and came up that way. She would drive through the Highlands and Barret Station. Barrett station can be rough which is why I take the other way.

No one will be able to search right now. 90-95% of the roads are underwater or inaccessible.

I wish I knew who was arrested with her car. It would give me an idea of the area they are familiar with. I grocery shop in Baytown.

The shipping channel, Trinity River, San Jacinto River are potential dump sites. With this much rain, everything is flowing quickly into the gulf.

Will keep my eyes open once we can venture out.
Sorry I don't have time to look myself right now, but lots of jails have their inmate list public, some include booking date so sometimes it's not too hard to narrow down who got arrested.

Sorry I don't have time to look myself right now, but lots of jails have their inmate list public, some include booking date so sometimes it's not too hard to narrow down who got arrested.

Great idea. Not sure why the people who have been arrested haven't been named, and there's no MSM coverage about that. I know there's flooding, but there are still other important things that need to be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a "Find Crystal" or similar FB page for this woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni