MO MO - Gloria Palmer, 42, St Joseph, 29 June 1989

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
A1001001A14I26B04800G333011.jpg

On June 29, 1989, Gloria June Palmer, then 42, her sons Bill and David, and David’s wife, Melissa, celebrated David’s 21st birthday at the Belt Bowl before patronizing local bars until the morning hours. After drinks, Mrs. Palmer asked her family to continue the celebration at a restaurant for breakfast, but they declined.

“My brother Bill left, because he was working a late shift, so he went to work. We lived down in Faucett at that time,” Mr. Palmer said.
“Mom lived where we grew up, down by Lake (Contrary). So we all go in our vehicles, and went south on (Interstate) 29. Since she was right in front of us, she turned on (Interstate) 229, and that was it.”

No one has seen Mrs. Palmer since.

“In some cases, there is absolutely no evidence. Although you may have a gut feeling or a practical, logical suspect, sometimes there is nothing tying that suspect to the scene of the crime,” said Detective Capt. Mark Brock with the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department.

“Having talked with the officers who worked (Mrs. Palmer’s) case, it seems like they covered all the avenues they could cover, all the leads they could cover, and there just isn’t anything to know where she is now.”
http://www.newspressnow.com/news/lo...cle_4a81dc4e-9bac-50a8-a4b6-46fbbe3ed0d3.html

June Palmer was last seen by her sons on 06/30/89 after they left the Painted Pony Lounge. Gloria’s sons observed her drive off in her Mazda truck on I-29 southbound onto I-229 around 2 AM. Her vehicle was located secured in the garage of her home. There were no signs of foul
play at the residence.
Gloria is described as having brown wavy hair and had a scar on her calf above the ankle (unknown which leg). She was last seen wearing a pink stripe top with pink pants and white open-toe flats (shoes). She was also wearing a 14 kt gold 1 kt diamond dinner ring and a gold wedding ring with 1 large diamond and 2 rows of small diamonds (1 row on each side).
https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A14I26B04809F984971.pdf

Name - Gloria June Palmer (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23940/50)

Last Seen -
06/29/1989

Missing From -
St. Joseph, Missouri

Age -

Race -
White

Sex -
Female

Hair Color -
Brown

Eye Color -
Brown

Height -

Weight -

Medical Details -
Scar on calf above ankle (not specified which leg) and mole at base of neck.

Clothing -
Pink-striped top with pink pants and whiteopen-toe flats. A 14 carat gold, 1 carat diamond dinner ring, and a gold wedding ring with one large diamond and two rows of small diamonds, one row on each side.

Circumstances -
The MP celebrated her son's birthday on the evening of the 06/29/1989, and visited a number of local establishments. After visiting several bars, she suggested that they visit another restaurant for breakfast, but her sons declined as one had a work shift that night. After departing the Painted Pony Lounge, the pair followed the MP in their car down I-29 Southbound, before they parted ways at I-229 as she headed to her residence in the Lake Contrary area near St. Joseph. Her Mazda truck was later found secured and parked in her garage, but the MP was never seen again. There were no signs of foul play found at the scene. Police have exhausted many lines of inquiry, but her whereabouts has never been established.

https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/mpphotos/A1001001A14I26B04809F984971.pdf

Bumping up for Gloria and her family.
I do wonder if the house was found securely locked. Were phone records checked to see if she called anyone that night or anyone called her.
Were her house keys / purse / wallet found in the house?
What does her family think happened?

July 1989
Purse and keys missing

I wonder why the husband/father wasn’t at the birthday celebration ?

upload_2020-12-28_11-35-15.jpeg

:)Your welcome

So marriage dissolution in February 1989

upload_2020-12-29_9-45-23.jpeg

Granted December 1989

Last edited:
Wayne remarried in 1990, passed in 1991 (natural causes)
Had a brother Walter btw so maybe the two different names in the articles.

upload_2020-12-29_9-49-44.jpeg

So who realized she was missing, when, and when did they contact LE?

I wonder what all of these lines of enquiry were that LE followed.

I thought maybe her husband was sleeping when she came home and realized she was missing in the morning, but if they were separated, and she lived alone, could she have gone missing much later in the day on June 30th?

Why do they even mention she suggested going out to breakfast? Is the thought that she might have called someone to join her for breakfast?

Maybe someone picked her up and something happened nowhere near her home.
Maybe she had started dating someone?

Is this correct:
- she or her husband filed for divorce in February 1989
- her vehicle was found at her home in the days following June 29, 1989, but she was missing, along with keys and purse.
- divorce was final in December 1989.
- her husband remarried in 1990
- he passed away in 1991

That is a sad timeline. Their children lost both parents within a few years. They must still hope for answers about their mother.

It says on Gloria's NamUs profile that she was wearing her wedding ring:

Jewelry: 14 carat gold, 1 carat diamond dinner ring; Gold wedding ring with one large diamond and two rows of small diamonds, one row on a side

If they were separated, I wonder why she would still be wearing here wedding ring, unless she wasn't the one who wanted the divorce. (her husband did remarry pretty quick after her disappearance.)

So I found this Jane Doe found in Mellwood Arkansas, in the Mississippi River, 10 days after Gloria went found.
Age range is listed between 20-60 - weight is 107lbs, height is 5'5. Gloria was 45 when she went missing and was listed at 104 lbs and 5'4. One or both of her hands weren't recovered.

So I found this Jane Doe found in Mellwood Arkansas, in the Mississippi River, 10 days after Gloria went found.
Age range is listed between 20-60 - weight is 107lbs, height is 5'5. Gloria was 45 when she went missing and was listed at 104 lbs and 5'4. One or both of her hands weren't recovered.

I would say it could match quite well, so I think this may be worth submitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back