Found Safe Canada - Kahsai Semereab, 77, Toronto, 23 Aug 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cp24.com/news/elderly-ma...rs-from-dementia-toronto-police-say-1.3568468
attachment.php

The family of a missing elderly man who suffers from dementia says they are concerned about his health and safety after he disappeared from the Flemingdon Park area seven days ago.

Police say 77-year-old Kahsai Semereab left the home he shares with his wife and two children at around 11 a.m. on Aug. 23 and boarded a bus in the area of St. Dennis Drive and Linkwood Lane.

TTC video footage obtained by investigators shows Semereab travelling westbound for six minutes and getting off the bus at around 11:22 a.m. near Don Mills Road and Gateway Boulevard, an area where his family says he used to live.
“I am reaching out to the public. My concern after watching the video is Mr. Semereab although he utilizes a cane, he gets around quite well and my concern is that members of the public may have seen him but may not have concern for him.”
According to police, the missing man is approximately five-foot-five, has a skinny build and weighs approximately 120 to 150 pounds.
Semereab, who uses a brass cane, was last seen wearing a black shirt with yellow stripes, grey khaki pants, and sandals.
West also noted that he is comfortable riding the TTC and is familiar with Pape Station.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 43
We’ve been missing our father for almost seven days now,” the missing man’s son,*Zelalem Tesfamicael, told reporters during a press conference at police headquarters Wednesday morning.

“It’s been overwhelming. We’ve been searching everywhere in the city. I would like to help our father get home.”

Toronto police said*Kahsai Semereab left his residence on Aug. 23 around 11 a.m. in the area of Don Mills Road and St. Dennis Drive. He was then spotted on a TTC bus heading westbound from Linkwood Lane.

Investigators said video obtained from the bus surveillance system shows Semereab paying for his fare, receiving a transfer and exiting the bus six minutes later near Gateway Boulevard.

“It’s unknown to me whether or not he took the transfer because the driver offered it to him, or that he requested it,” Det.*LeeAnn West said. “But obviously when we saw he did obtain the transfer, then the connections could be more and more.”

Family members said*Semereab speaks very little English but is familiar with public transportation, especially Pape subway station.

He belongs with his family. Please help us out,”*Tesfamicael said. “This has never happened before. He’s never been this far.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5400 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).

http://globalnews.ca/news/3705960/toronto-police-concerned-for-safety-of-missing-elderly-man/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ys-suffers-from-dementia-police-say-1.4268745
We are very worried," said Zelalem Tesfamicael, the missing man's son, at a news conference on Wednesday. "You don't know what it is like to miss a father. We have searched everywhere and the police are doing a wonderful job. We are asking the public to help us get our father back home because we love him."
kahsai-semereab.png
Kahsai Semereab, 77, was last seen on Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017, at 11:30 a.m., in the Don Mills Road and St. Dennis Drive area. (TPS)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back