CO - Zavion Brown, 18 mos, suffocates at Aurora day care, 5 Jan 2006

We just had a situation like this where I live. I 6 month olds head was beat 6+ times on the concrete by the babysitter (who is pregnant...). The 6 month old had been previously shaken (unknowingly to the parents) by the same babysitter. The baby died a couple days later at a hospital. They said the boy looked like he had been in an awful car accident.

there would be more info at www.wowt.com (the boys name was Alex Tay)

amom said:
We just had a situation like this where I live. I 6 month olds head was beat 6+ times on the concrete by the babysitter (who is pregnant...). The 6 month old had been previously shaken (unknowingly to the parents) by the same babysitter. The baby died a couple days later at a hospital. They said the boy looked like he had been in an awful car accident.

there would be more info at www.wowt.com (the boys name was Alex Tay)
When our cousin was a baby, aout 18 months old, there was a babysitter who used to come to their house to watch her. Apparently, she was crying and really fussy and the baby sitter threw her against the fireplace mantle. She suffered brain damage. She is a beautiful young lady now, around 22 years old but is partially paralized on her right side. The woman did confess and served jail time and had to pay out a huge amount of money to the family. They put that money in a trust for our cousin, and she just bought her first home last year. Still, it is a huge price to pay neglegent baby sitter.

bakerprune64 said:
When our cousin was a baby, aout 18 months old, there was a babysitter who used to come to their house to watch her. Apparently, she was crying and really fussy and the baby sitter threw her against the fireplace mantle. She suffered brain damage. She is a beautiful young lady now, around 22 years old but is partially paralized on her right side. The woman did confess and served jail time and had to pay out a huge amount of money to the family. They put that money in a trust for our cousin, and she just bought her first home last year. Still, it is a huge price to pay neglegent baby sitter.

OMG baker! Thank God your cousin survived. How much jail time did the babysitter serve?

NewMom2003 said:
OMG baker! Thank God your cousin survived. How much jail time did the babysitter serve?
I don't even remember, but I'm sure it was long enough!

We just had a little boy named Aiden die here Saturday morning. He was at his day care.....his caretaker was changing a baby's diaper and Aiden slipped out the door and drowned in a retention pond. The caretaker had to be hospitalized because she was so traumatized. His momma went to high school with two of my sons. She's just 19. I cannot stand it when children die, it kills me that this little boy lost his life. And to think that there are people on this earth who would deliberately harm a baby; it's just so hard to comprehend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back