IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriffs Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #50
Thread #51
Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58
Thread #59
Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62
Thread #63
Thread #64
Thread #65
Thread #66

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case.

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Most recent UPDATES

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have our orange porch lights on every night for these girls. Crazy that there's not been significant movement.

I'm so worried that this won't be solved. I always think I'll see headlines of an arrest being made but everything is quiet.

Perhaps a sketch with no hat would help? The sketch is great but I'm grasping at straws and wondering if he normally doesn't wear one and it would help identify him if an additional sketch was done. Though all witnesses may have only seen him in the hat so his hairline would be a guess. Could do more harm than good. Just frustrating to know that Libby did all she could to ensure justice and this monster is still free

I stand by believing that new details are needed to grab headlines and get this fantastic sketch circulated by the media.

I'm so worried that this won't be solved. I always think I'll see headlines of an arrest being made but everything is quiet.

Perhaps a sketch with no hat would help? The sketch is great but I'm grasping at straws and wondering if he normally doesn't wear one and it would help identify him if an additional sketch was done. Though all witnesses may have only seen him in the hat so his hairline would be a guess. Could do more harm than good. Just frustrating to know that Libby did all she could to ensure justice and this monster is still free

I stand by believing that new details are needed to grab headlines and get this fantastic sketch circulated by the media.

Thanks to Spellbound.
4b58142e463f9e632820b8eaee79b28b.png

Thank you. I haven't followed closely for a while because this case is hard. I'm playing a bit of catch up here.

Just thought I'd move this over here, along with the additions that were suggested.

Known Facts

The girls were on the bridge
BG was on the bridge
The girls were dropped off on the north side of the creek/trail
The bodies were found on the north side of the creek
They were found about 50' from the creek south of the cemetery
The girls were dropped off by LG's sister by 1:45 (I'm not sure if the 1:45 time has been confirmed)
DG tried to reach them around 3:00 without any luck
Other people were on the trail and bridge close to that time period
There is a video (and we have stills from it) of the "main" suspect
There is a recording of the suspect's voice
There is a sketch of the suspect which is a composite of information from witnesses
The bodies were found on RL's property
RL is not a suspect
Libby was taking pictures
There was no school that day
The weather that day was seasonally mild
Within walking distance of the crime scene, there is a meat packing plant, a quarry, a recycling station, several homes (some empty, some not), a few roads (from gravel to highways)
Both girls died
The photos and video stills show they were on the south end of the bridge at one point
They crossed the creek twice one way or another
There were some footprints that led to the bodies.
Libby's phone was recovered
The crime scene was taped off
Nothing other than the entrance to the bridge was taped off on the south side of the creek (possibly a small area surrounding the entrance to the bridge)
RLs property, house, outbuildings, white truck were searched
Property across from RLs house where grain bin is located also searched
Creek flow was 70% above normal

I'm sorry if this was already discussed but a few thoughts.

The level of detail and the fact that police trusted this witness so much leads me to believe that the witness didn't just see him. The witness had some sort of interaction. Maybe in a store or a conversation as he looked for directions. If I passed someone on a trail, I wouldn't even be able to exclude an eye colour never mind give these details.

Was an fbi profile ever released?

Phew! Thought we were closed down for real for a minute there until I saw this new thread opened up. Am getting frustrated and rather discouraged nothing visible happening here and the sketch didn't seem to cause much of a stir. We need these images to go viral, but how ?

I'm sorry if this was already discussed but a few thoughts.

The level of detail and the fact that police trusted this witness so much leads me to believe that the witness didn't just see him. The witness had some sort of interaction. Maybe in a store or a conversation as he looked for directions. If I passed someone on a trail, I wouldn't even be able to exclude an eye colour never mind give these details.

Was an fbi profile ever released?

Agree and no profile has been released to public.

Phew! Thought we were closed down for real for a minute there until I saw this new thread opened up. Am getting frustrated and rather discouraged nothing visible happening here and the sketch didn't seem to cause much of a stir. We need these images to go viral, but how ?
IMO LE FBI working diligently behind public view and working through all tips generated by the composite sketch. JMHO

Just thought I'd move this over here, along with the additions that were suggested.

Known Facts

The girls were on the bridge
BG was on the bridge
The girls were dropped off on the north side of the creek/trail
The bodies were found on the north side of the creek
They were found about 50' from the creek south of the cemetery
The girls were dropped off by LG's sister by 1:45 (I'm not sure if the 1:45 time has been confirmed)
DG tried to reach them around 3:00 without any luck
Other people were on the trail and bridge close to that time period
There is a video (and we have stills from it) of the "main" suspect
There is a recording of the suspect's voice
There is a sketch of the suspect which is a composite of information from witnesses
The bodies were found on RL's property
RL is not a suspect
Libby was taking pictures
There was no school that day
The weather that day was seasonally mild
Within walking distance of the crime scene, there is a meat packing plant, a quarry, a recycling station, several homes (some empty, some not), a few roads (from gravel to highways)
Both girls died
The photos and video stills show they were on the south end of the bridge at one point
They crossed the creek twice one way or another
There were some footprints that led to the bodies.
Libby's phone was recovered
The crime scene was taped off
Nothing other than the entrance to the bridge was taped off on the south side of the creek (possibly a small area surrounding the entrance to the bridge)
RLs property, house, outbuildings, white truck were searched
Property across from RLs house where grain bin is located also searched
Creek flow was 70% above normal

Thank you!!

My suspicion is that this won't be solved soon. Either something will happen -- someone discovers the man has a dark private life, or has trophies of kills and crimes -- or he gets caught in a future crime and from DNA gets connected to the Delphi double murder and to other crimes. I expect he will not be transparent or cooperative with authority when he is caught. In his own mind silence and obfuscation will be both his defense and his last attacks at his victims and to authority. He probably will only admit something when confronted by undeniable evidence, and then it will be that thing only and his confession or acknowledgement of that thing will be partial. If he can frustrate people forever by taking full disclosure to the grave, he'll do that.

I was looking at pictures on FB yesterday that a friend posted of Amish men raising a barn. I noticed that all of them had a leather tool bag on their left hip. It just caught my eye. Every one of them did. Then, I wondered if maybe THAT is why they have not placed on his head the real hat that he was wearing (?) Perhaps it was an Amish hat that he'd bent down the sides or it was simply floppy. Several of the men in the barn raising had floppy type of hats on their heads. There are Amish and German Baptist who live in Carroll County. I have friends in our county who have had Amish come and raise a barn for them (we have no Amish in our county), so they do travel. My neighbor actually hired Amish to bring down a humongous tree. I admire the Amish/GB and hope that I am far off, but it is worth a thought. jmo

Did the police ever disclose how long the audio recording was on the phone?

Also, does anyone have the stills from the video?

Did the police ever disclose how long the audio recording was on the phone?

Not that I am aware of. The only stills are the three images of the bg.

First time poster here, but have been interested in this case from day one. I'm from Indiana and take it personally that this thing is sneaking around my home state murdering our children.

I too would be interested in having access to the original stills taken from the video.

My PC is built to do advanced graphics but I can't do much without the originals. Or let me put it this way. I would be able to do a lot more with the originals than the images I'm able to glean from searching online. Going to the ISP's website is a joke. The images they have up of the suspect are so poorly done that it's pathetic. The largest one they have is displayed in a format to fit a container. It's easily about 400 pixels wider than anything else out there and was obviously enhanced and installed on their site by an amateur. Were I or anybody else that does graphics for the private sector to pull that with a paying clients imagery, it would generate a call from said client demanding that it be corrected. One would think that they would take a more serious attitude in trying to give the public what we need to be able to identify this guy.

I've never seen anything (other than war) done by a branch of our government that couldn't be done better by private enterprise.

So... If anybody has, or could direct me to a place online where I could acquire the original suspect images in their largest format I would appreciate it. If not, I'll keep hoping that the ISP sees the error of their ways and puts the full size originals up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth