Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARIIS

Former Member
Reaction score
Might as well start a thread - ugh!!

He is at 967 now

When ranking hurricanes by strength, the obvious choice is to compare wind speeds. But since measurements of the most extreme winds are difficult to obtain, we instead compare hurricanes by their lowest central pressure, a measure that has a strong relationship to wind speed; generally, the lower the pressure in a hurricane, the stronger its winds.

two_atl_0d0.png

The lowest pressures can be found here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlantic_hurricane_records#By_pressure

Most intense Atlantic hurricanes
RankHurricaneSeasonPressure
hPainHg
1Wilma200588226.05
2Gilbert198888826.23
3"Labor Day"193589226.34
4Rita200589526.43
5Allen198089926.55
6Camille196990026.58
7Katrina200590226.64
8Mitch199890526.73
Dean2007
10"Cuba"192491026.88
Ivan2004
Source: HURDAT[SUP][1

[/SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlantic_hurricane_records#By_pressure

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Following...
ff49f8abb723544d17423fd79cfe3122.jpg
4abcab225da7e8d9c962ad3a9c94bad1.jpg
2bcf3b1cd88ef8be9bca7e0fca4f2dc3.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Miss Wilma was the lowest ever but here she was not bad she was bad down south

Thanks for starting the new thread, CARIIS. I'm hoping though that it won't be needed for the long haul.

Praying Irma fizzles, or just becomes a gutter ball out in the ocean..

Thanks for starting this thread, but praying Irma will turn north and we won't need it.

Thanks for starting this thread. Have family and friend traveling from Florida next week, and this thread really helps out as to their planning ahead as to whether it will or will not impact their travels.

WS seems my go to place for storms as it's a place which is concise and easy to check into.

:tyou: again

Last evening, CNN meteorologist Chad Myers presented several different models for possible track of Irma. Could target Florida or elsewhere along Atlantic coast, move northward toward New England. Could turn north, hit Cape Cod and move north up coast. Could circumvent Florida and hit Gulf. Storm is still a couple thousand miles from Florida coast with landfall expected between September 9-11. :praying: Irma fizzles out in the Atlantic.

So we watch, wait and pray. Sigh......

Thanks for starting this thread, but praying Irma will turn north and we won't need it.

watcher9, did you notice we both posted the same thoughts at the same time exactly?

Glad to be on the same wave length with you. ( I've always admired your posts. )

Sure hope our prayers come true...

Sure hope we won't need this thread, but as was said above, this is my go-to place for serious business! Thanks, CARIIS, for thinking ahead.

Thanks for posting this! We have family in different parts of Florida and I am no stranger to hurricanes coming up the east coast as we are still out of our house after Sandy. The good news is that the house lifting is scheduled to start in a week, the bad news is that hurricane season is in full bloom.

I hope it fizzles out or blows east once they have a direction in the coming days but this is a mighty powerful storm and even the waters here are warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this! We have family in different parts of Florida and I am no stranger to hurricanes coming up the east coast as we are still out of our house after Sandy. The good news is that the house lifting is scheduled to start in a week, the bad news is that hurricane season is in full bloom.

I hope it fizzles out or blows east once they have a direction in the coming days but this is a mighty powerful storm and even the waters here are warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh, the feelings you must be having right now. I'm so sorry to hear that Hurricane Sandy forced you out of your home!

Yet, to your credit, you've hung in there and persevered.

Now, here you are, looking forward to the house-lifting starting in just a week, while the threat of the hurricane season hangs over your head.

Not fair at all!

Will keep you and your relatives in Florida, in my thoughts and prayers. You've certainly paid your dues in heartache, for real.

Hoping for the best for you and yours...

The first pic is Irma today. The second pic shows the warm water that Irma will hit in the next few days. There are no forecast currently that show any wind shear that can reduce the storm.

http://spaghettimodels.com
e7006e1b6fb4290f6a1ec0470b54a0be.gif
2b98936a36e3ef39689bcdc103edc0aa.jpg

Subscribing! :seeya: Praying Irma weakens!

......watching intently

"Spaghetti" all over my area SE fl

Cariis- looking like an East coast event...although hurricanes have a mind of their own and change it regularly.

http://spaghettimodels.com
f66c253b5ef7fd0abfb7a49b1c22fba6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads