Hurricane Harvey - August 2017 #2

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for posting such incredible information on Hurricane Harvey.

I could jump right on the last thread and get the best and latest info.

Keep up the good work.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this monster hurricane.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-harvey-wreaks-historic-devastation-numbers/story?id=49529063

From the article above

"20 trillion gallons: That's the total amount of rain that fell on the Houston area after Harvey came ashore, a staggering deluge that represents enough water to supply New York City's needs for over five decades."

Hurricane Harvey Discussion # 1

Attachments

• Hurricane Harvey 2.jpg
    Hurricane Harvey 2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Hurricane Harvey 3.jpg
    Hurricane Harvey 3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 54
"A man who fled his Texas home as Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc on his neighborhood returned home to find an alligator in his dining room.

Brian Foster arrived at his Humble, Texas, home on Friday to survey the damage caused by the record-breaking rain brought on by the storm.

As he looked around the home with a rescue crew, he saw the 9ft alligator crawling along the floor.

He immediately called the police so the beast could be removed. Officers taped the gator's mouth shut so it could be taken away."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...home-near-Hurricane-Harvey.html#ixzz4rSmdu7SJ

IMG_0149.JPG

I'd have a fit if I found that in my house there are so many hazards and dangers to deal with I can't imagine how hard it must be.

"A man who fled his Texas home as Hurricane Harvey wreaked havoc on his neighborhood returned home to find an alligator in his dining room.

Brian Foster arrived at his Humble, Texas, home on Friday to survey the damage caused by the record-breaking rain brought on by the storm.

As he looked around the home with a rescue crew, he saw the 9ft alligator crawling along the floor.

He immediately called the police so the beast could be removed. Officers taped the gator's mouth shut so it could be taken away."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...home-near-Hurricane-Harvey.html#ixzz4rSmdu7SJ

attachment.php

I'd have a fit if I found that in my house there are so many hazards and dangers to deal with I can't imagine how hard it must be.

Gators always look like they are grinning ... while they take a nip at you. No thanks

I can barely look at a pic of a gator. Any reptile for that matter :scared:

I can barely look at a pic of a gator. Any reptile for that matter :scared:

Me too, me too, Bravo!

I would rather see an alligator in my flooded home though rather than snakes crawling in the water inside of it. If that happened they could have my home. lol

I saw a news article about how the snakes are really bad in the flooded areas in LA and some had put sandbags stacked high around all of the doors and garages, but the homeowners said it still did not keep them out. (shudder) I have a major phobia when it comes to any kind of snake..dead or alive.

IMO

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. I've been eyeballing Crystal Serrate McDowell's case. Still no BFMD? And Geevee still out of her home? :( and Bessie? No update? I'm worried about Irma! I don't even want to see what she brings to wherever she may land!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone watching CNN...???

LIVE from the Chemical Plant Fire.

A trickle of smoke now a raging inferno in the last 30 mins....no firefighters in sight.

They are asking can crews even get to the fire???

Me too, me too, Bravo!

I would rather see an alligator in my flooded home though rather than snakes crawling in the water inside of it. If that happened they could have my home. lol

I saw a news article about how the snakes are really bad in the flooded areas in LA and some had put sandbags stacked high around all of the doors and garages, but the homeowners said it still did not keep them out. (shudder) I have a major phobia when it comes to any kind of snake..dead or alive.

IMO

I'm with you! NO [emoji216]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone watching CNN...???

LIVE from the Chemical Plant Fire.

A trickle of smoke now a raging inferno in the last 30 mins....no firefighters in sight.

They are asking can crews even get to the fire???

FOX News is covering also.

Gators always look like they are grinning ... while they take a nip at you. No thanks
OMG!!!!! Live in Charleston. We had the same thing during the 1000 year flood last year. It's very scary to see a 9 foot in your space....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Evening everybody! Still looks very dire doesn't it? Mayor telling folks to leave their homes. My husband had a doctor appointment today. There was a man there from Beaumont. He said it was bad. He did not know when he would be able to go back to his home. He said the creeks were still rising.

At a red light, there were several Red Cross vans that passed going west. One had Charlottesville, VA and then the next one said South Carolina. There was one more that I missed where it was from.

In the Walmart parking lot, people were selling barbecue and profits said to be going to benefit Harvey victims. Several vehicles that appeared to be loaded with items that people must have loaded in a mad dash to get out.

Sigh. I hope we hear from BigFatMommyDog!

Watching the fire rage at a chemical plant in Crosby, Texas right now! Ugh! Just ugh!

A massive fire has broken out once again at a chemical plant owned by Arkema Inc. in Crosby, Texas, that was flooded by Hurricane Harvey earlier this week.

The chemical plant has lost power and refrigeration capabilities due to Harvey and its aftermath, causing organic peroxides stored in containers at the facility to become unstable and break down as they are exposed to the Texas heat.

Around 5:05 p.m. local time, workers at the Harris County Emergency Operation Center observed "multiple dark plumes of smoke" coming from the plant, Arkema said in a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-chemical-plant-fire-federal-investigation-launched/story?id=49548581
e154c89224cb7503162c6d1f34d0a70b.jpg
2bdae6b9b916415ac0d604f1d0ac978d.jpg
a6079c65671c11cdf807d734487d31d4.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh!! What a mess!!!!! They are having a presser!

[video=twitter;903677676791226369]https://twitter.com/NWSHouston/status/903677676791226369[/video]

[video=twitter;903735950496419840]https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/903735950496419840[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back