TN TN - Elizabeth 'Diane' Vaughn, 28, White House, 18 June 1992

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36390
attachment.php

http://www.sumnersheriff.com/open-case-files
Born: 04-02-1964; Gender: Female; Height: 5Ft 2" Weight: 120 lbs.;
Eyes: Green; Hair: Red Race: White;

Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn resided in Hendersonville, TN in an apartment complex. She was last seen in White House, TN on the evening of June 18th, 1992. Her disappearance has been a mystery to her family and investigators ever since. At the time of her disappearance she had a 2 year old daughter and worked at a grocery store in Nashville. Approximately 2 days after her disappearance her vehicle was located at O’Charley’s restaurant parking in the Rivergate Mall area on Two Mile Parkway in Goodlettsville, TN. Diane's vehicle was a Blue 1991 Ford Tempo with a TN license plate.
Anyone having information regarding the disappearance of Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn please contact: SUMNER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE @ 1-615-452-2616

Attachments

• img_69061.jpeg
    img_69061.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 87
NamUs says "depressed over divorce".

I used to bartend a couple blocks from that O'Charley's. Goodlettsville/Madison area still have a bit of a rough vibe to them, like an old school outlaw vibe. The place I worked at had its own panic button even. It's not as bad as it used to be, depending on who you ask.

If she was depressed over her divorce, perhaps she went to O'Charley's to grab a drink and take the edge off. There aren't many options for watering holes in Hendersonville or White House, TN, especially back then. When I was working up there four years ago, we would have a bunch of people come down from north of Goodlettsville to drink since there wasn't really anywhere else to go.

Was she getting off of work and then grabbed a drink? If she worked in Nashville and was headed home, that O'Charley's would have been a halfway point.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36390

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a Newspapers account that can look at archives? There's an article in the Tennessean from June 28, 1998 about this that looks like it has details of where she was last seen but I can't access it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Newspapers account and got the account so I could access information about this case. I met Diane's brother through a mutual friend years ago. I'm not sure how to upload from Newspapers but if I can figure it out, I'll post the articles.

I have a Newspapers account and got the account so I could access information about this case. I met Diane's brother through a mutual friend years ago. I'm not sure how to upload from Newspapers but if I can figure it out, I'll post the articles.

Have a read of the websleuths rules - I think you're only allowed to post a certain percent of the article but the easiest way would be to copy and paste or screenshot the most important part.

Bumping, a poster referenced "Diane'' on this thread..
KY - KY - Redhead Murders, 70's-90's

Apr 08, 2019 by Michelle Willard
UH9lDnRCAMntp6mZH4zDgBdJbTwHbeDkhyl77WaB.jpeg

"The months before Elizabeth Diane Vaughn went missing were turbulent. She'd had an affair with a coworker, filed for a divorce from her husband and moved into her own apartment.

Reports of her last hours are conflicting but one thing is certain, Elizabeth Diane Vaughn hasn't been seen by anyone in her family since June 18, 1992.

In the years since she vanished, her family has come to believe she was either abducted, killed, or ran away to start a new life."

"Elizabeth Diane Vaughn, who went by Diane, was born and raised in East Nashville. When she disappeared, she was 28 years old and was described as standing about 5'3" and weighing 120 pounds. She had long red hair and green-brown eyes.

At the time of her disappearance, she was living in Hendersonville and worked as a manager at the Food Lion in Donelson."

Could there be a connection between these two missing person cases?
The women have a similar appearance, imo, speculation.
ETA, started thread..
TN - Brandee Jan Thomerson ("Rita") 42, Portland, TN, 14 Feb. 2003 *Valentine's Day*

Open Case Files
ENDANGERED / MISSING FROM PORTLAND, TENNESSEE
BRANDEE JAN THOMERSON
upload_2020-1-13_14-17-57.png
Born: 01-17-1961; Gender: Female; Height: 5ft4" Weight: 145 lbs; Eyes: Blue; Hair: Brown; Race: White; Identifying Marks: Pierced ears, mole behind left ear, stretch marks from bearing children, missing two upper front teeth (partial plate); She has a medical condition; Circumstances of disappearance: Unknown

Around the beginning of March, 2003, detectives with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Brandee Jan Thomerson. This female was last seen at the Iron Skillet Restaurant located at 3202 Highway 76, Portland, Tennessee. At the time of her disappearance, this establishment was owned by Brandee Thomerson and her then husband, William Robert Thomerson. Brandee Thomerson was last seen getting into a champagne colored vehicle with tinted windows. Detectives located the owner of said vehicle and learned that Brandee Jan Thomerson had been taken to the Dickerson Road area in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, where she was dropped off at an area motel. Brandee Jan Thomerson has not been in contact with her family and friends since around the time of her disappearance.

Anyone having information regarding BRANDEE JAN THOMERSON please contact: SUMNER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE @ 1-615-452-2616

ENDANGERED / MISSING FROM HENDERSONVILLE, TENNESSEE
Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn

upload_2020-1-13_14-17-57.png
Born: 04-02-1964; Gender: Female; Height: 5Ft 2" Weight: 120 lbs.;
Eyes: Green; Hair: Red Race: White;
Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn resided in Hendersonville, TN in an apartment complex. She was last seen in White House, TN on the evening of June 18th, 1992. Her disappearance has been a mystery to her family and investigators ever since. At the time of her disappearance she had a 2 year old daughter and worked at a grocery store in Nashville. Approximately 2 days after her disappearance her vehicle was located at O’Charley’s restaurant parking in the Rivergate Mall area on Two Mile Parkway in Goodlettsville, TN. Diane's vehicle was a Blue 1991 Ford Tempo with a TN license plate.

Anyone having information regarding the disappearance of Elizabeth “Diane” Vaughn please contact: SUMNER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE @ 1-615-452-2616

Last edited:
Elizabeth Diane Vaughn – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Diane was last seen in Gallatin, Tennessee on June 18, 1992. She had recently moved into an apartment in Hendersonville, Tennessee with her young daughter, and would drop the child off at her mother's house while she was at work.

On the day of her disappearance, Diane's estranged husband of eight years, Bruce M. Vaughn, picked up their daughter from Diane's mother's house and took her to his own home in White House, Tennessee. Diane called her cousin that day and said she was going to White House to pick up her daughter. Bruce stated she did come over, then they had an argument and she left. She told him she was going to get gas and dinner and return to her apartment. She was supposed to visit her cousin afterwards, but never arrived there. She has never been heard from again.

Her blue 1991 Ford Tempo was found abandoned on June 20, parked outside O'Charley's restaurant on Two Mile Parkway at the Rivergate Mall in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. One employee at O'Charley's thought he'd seen her sitting alone at the bar on the night of June 18, but everyone else said she hadn't been there. Police believe the car may have been parked at the restaurant to mislead the investigation.

One witness reported seeing a woman matching Diane's description outside of O'Charley's at 11:00 p.m. on the night of her disappearance, getting into a truck with a man who had shoulder-length red hair and a beard. The man's pickup truck was a red 1980s model with a toolbox, chrome running boards and white spoke wheels. This sighting has never been confirmed.

At the time of her disappearance, Diane was seeing a married coworker and had just started divorce proceedings against Bruce. Police called his actions after her disappearance "bizarre": he refused to cooperated with the investigation and quickly retained an attorney. He also gave two different versions of when he last saw Diane: in one version, he said she left his house at 8:00 p.m., and in another story he claimed she left later, sometime after 9:30 p.m.

According to Diane's cousin, Bruce did not want his wife to divorce him and threatened suicide if she went through with it. He would also call her at the grocery store where she worked and threaten to come over there to talk to her. There was no known history of violence in the couple's relationship, however, and Diane's mother defended her son-in-law in the media.

Investigators believe Diane was the victim of a homicide. Her case remains unsolved.

Sometimes we can’t look past the obvious suspect but here is a tip for you. Due to the fact her husband lawyered up the cops never looked in another direction.

Sadly the police had a suspect and it was the husband as most police think it is the husband due to the overwhelming statistics. He owns land and when police came to search it he would not allow them to and he lawyered up. His house was under surveillance for a long period of time as the cops truly thought he did it but could not build a case and would not look any father than him due to him not letting them search the property.

there could be another case for her disappearance though. Diane had a family member who was older who was very jealous of her beauty and was known to mimic her in many ways. During the divorce is seems like her and this family member either a sister or a cousin might have started building more of a relationship during that hard time.

The reason why I personally think it was her is because this family member was married to a guy who owned a either junkyard or towing business. The truck that she was seeing driving away and was a red truck with temporary tags and usually with places that sell salvage cars you can more than likely get a temporary tag issued in case you leave with a car.

During the time I spent with the family no one ever really talked about her and I never met her only adding that there was something odd going on.

Leading up to her going missing she did start seeing another man but from what I remember he wasn’t looked into super well because Bruce the ex husband became their main target but supposedly was obviously not the person who did this from people who had met him.

I talked to the family so many times about the case and I so very much want this case to be re looked at and hope that my comment could spark this case to be looked at again

Last updated July 18, 2020; casefile added.
Elizabeth Diane Vaughn – The Charley Project
  • vaughn_elizabeth.jpg
Elizabeth, circa 1992
  • Missing Since 06/18/1992
  • Missing From Gallatin, Tennessee
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/02/1964 (56)
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A floral-print white blouse, khaki pants and black Reebok shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel/green eyes. Elizabeth's ears are pierced. She has a mole on her left cheek. She goes by her middle name, Diane.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back