671 users online (120 members and 551 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Well, same cereal, different day --
    Nuttin' Honey for Thursday, 1/18/18. But he is in jail, of course!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Wake County Court docket as of 1/24/18 -- nothing for Matthew Phelps.

Ho-hum. : |

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This is a great thread. I've read every post. Many thanks to all of you for your insight, opinions and links.
    I'll keep watching for updates.
    NC crimes have been in the news a lot through 2017 and into 2018.

RIP Lauren

Still no mention of Matthew Phelps on the docket for Wake County Court today. Dayam.

Wake County Court docket as of 2/08/18 -- nothing for Matthew Phelps.
    And nothing more recent than Oct 17, 2017, in the local news.

But, he is still in the Wake County jail for murder with no bond:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    PHELPS, MATTHEW JAMES
    Race / Sex: WHITE / MALE
    Arrest Date: 9/1/2017
    Release Date:
    Next Court Date:
    No code has to be inserted here.

Total Bond Amount:NO BOND
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://p2c.wakeso.net/InmateDetail.a...37272669468070

Last edited by borndem; 02-09-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Goose eggs again, Sleuthers. Big ol' nuthin'.

Hey borndem - have you tried this link:

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Wake/Courts/Superior.asp

Court dockets? You probably have, but just in case! I can't get in, as I'm in Europe, and there are a few court dockets I can't get into, unfortunately....
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Hi, Niner!!

Yep, that's the site I always use!

Here's what I got just now for "Phelps" - "Wake County" - and "District & Superior Court" - I had to delete much of the info from the display below due to margin size of the display. All of it would "bust" our margins. The table includes type court ("District" or "Superior," as is shown below), B-Date, Court Date, Courtroom No., Case No., and violation code, etc.

District and Superior Courts of WAKE County

Court Defendant
    District PHELPS,DANIEL,LEE
    District PHELPS,DAVID,WARD
    District PHELPS,EMILY,ELIZABETH
    District PHELPS,JASON,AYER
    District PHELPS,JASON,THOMAS
    District PHELPS,JONATHAN,PIERCE
    District PHELPS,KENNETH,WADE,JR.
    District PHELPS,WALTER,CARL
    District PHELPS,WALTER,CARL

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cale...t=Submit+Query

hmmm.... wonder why they don't list his court date.

Thanks for trying to find this for us borndem!! Very much appreciated. I guess we just wait.
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    hmmm.... wonder why they don't list his court date.

Thanks for trying to find this for us borndem!! Very much appreciated. I guess we just wait.
    You're quite welcome, Niner!! Glad to do it -- I'm getting antsy, too.

The senior resident superior court judge of each district (several counties per district) meets with the district attorneys, et al., to schedule times for superior court trials, taking into account the probable length of a trial, holidays, vacations, conferences, etc., of the principals, and puts together schedules for trials. Further, they don't firm-up or publish court dates too far in advance. And then there are requested delays, usually from the defense attys, etc., etc., so that is part of the reason a definite schedule for a particular trial is not on a schedule too far in advance.

In Wake County, it customarily takes about 18 to 24 months for a murder case to come to trial. So, yeppers, we just have to wait. SMH

.. .. ..

Joe Cheshire is an outstanding criminal attorney and will either get a plea deal or use the cough medicine as the culprit by bringing in several expert witnesses to support his claim. Phelps will either enter a guilty plea of manslaughter or go to trial in hopes of being found not guilty by reason of the influence of medication. I don't think Joe Cheshire will accept a 2nd degree murder plea; he's willing to go to trial if a manslaughter plea is not offered his client.

Welcome to Websleuths, Salty Dog!!

We're glad to have you with us!!

I second that....

Salty Dog to WS and this thread!

and we

And still nothing on the Wake Co. Court docket for our Matthew Phelps. Zip. Zilch. Zero. His day will come fellow sleuthers, we know that.

A person's trial date in Wake County, North Carolina who is indicted for 1st degree murder typically is around 18 months after being indicted. Of course, this is dependent on court dockets and how many pre-trial motions and/or hearings the defense and prosecution request. Case in point...a 1st degree murder trial began this week in Wake County for an indictment dated August 7, 2016. I would expect the Matthew Phelps trial to be set somewhere around January of 2019 (IF it goes to trial...which I seriously doubt; I'm predicting a plea deal since North Carolina's best criminal attorney is involved).

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast