Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonypotomous

Reaction score
attachment.php

Texas Realtor vanishes right before Hurricane Harvey strikes!

Crystal Seratte McDowell, age 38, of Baytown TX was last seen around 7:30 a.m. on the morning of Friday, August 25, 2017. She went missing prior to the hurricane hitting the area.

Crystal is a real estate agent and was scheduled to show a new construction property in Crosby Texas that morning, but it was cancelled due to the impending storm.

Her black Mercedes C-Class with Texas plates HBB-6351 is also missing.

Crystal is 5’4” tall, weighs 120 lbs., has long blonde hair, hazel eyes and has pierced ears. She was last seen wearing a light pink/purple dress.
Anyone with information about her case is urged to call the Chambers County Police Department at (409) 267-2500.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CrystalMcDowellRealtor/photos/?ref=page_internal

[URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?347905-TX-Crystal-Seratte-McDowell-38-Crosby-TX-25-Aug-2017"]Thread #1

Attachments

• 21167066_1902252023128456_5189440307451304596_o.jpg
    21167066_1902252023128456_5189440307451304596_o.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 3.47.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 3.47.28 PM.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 202
Thank you to all members who post respectfully and responsibly.

Welcome to new members. :welcome:

Please take time to review The Rules (aka TOS) that Websleuths has in place:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

At all times, remember that Websleuths is victim friendly. Victims include friends and family members of either a victim or a POI/suspect/perp. Do not sleuth them or make derogatory remarks about them.

Couple of other reminders from the above rules:

Please only copy no more than 10% of an article and do not forget the link!
Posts that copy more than that will be edited and posts with no link will be removed entirely.
Please, please followthis rule.
If you copy an image or picture from another site, please provide a link to the original source or the picture will be removed.
Be courteous to the work of others.
Please do not cut and paste information from pay sites or password protected sites.
Thank you.

What is a Verified Insider?
A "verified insider" (VI) is an individual withfirst-hand knowledge of the facts of a case (or some portion of the facts). AVI can be a family member, friend, classmate, employer, private investigator, or anyone else acquainted with a victim or suspect. Being "verified"means that an admin or owner has confirmed the member's identity andrelationship to a case. (Not everyone who claims to be an insider makes it through the verification process.) VIs may post what they know or opine without providing MSM links to back up “facts”. Other members may assign whatever weight they deem appropriate to those posts, using their best judgment and giving it as much weight as they think it is worth.

Accordingly, here is the link to the verification processfor anyone who has inside knowledge of the case and wishes to become a VI:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Verified-Insiders&p=8580064#post8580064

:tyou:

I saw this site posted on FB so I thought I'd join the discussion. I read that Crystal's parents died when she was eleven. Does anyone know how they died? Was it an accident, a murder or did they go missing?

I saw this site posted on FB so I thought I'd join the discussion. I read that Crystal's parents died when she was eleven. Does anyone know how they died? Was it an accident, a murder or did they go missing?
I was actually curious about that myself. I haven't heard how they died, I just assumed a car accident or something like that.

In the previous thread, it stated in the Nancy Grace show the Sheriff said the family contaminated the townhouse. As far as we know to this point, the townhouse was not part of a crime scene. All we know was it was under renovation. There has been no mention of her stopping there on the day she disappeared.

So if Crystal and BF have only been dating a month, how often could they have even seen other? I mean she is a realtor, works part time as a flight attendant, has 2 kids and is renovating a house. When does this woman have time to date? Plus planning a family cruise and a trip to Europe after only a month seems odd, but I'm married, so maybe I'm just out of touch with such things.

Can we include a link to thread 1 in the opening post?

In the previous thread, it stated in the Nancy Grace show the Sheriff said the family contaminated the townhouse. As far as we know to this point, the townhouse was not part of a crime scene. All we know was it was under renovation. There has been no mention of her stopping there on the day she disappeared.
I read her ex-husband texted her about a dishwasher arriving. Was the dishwasher delivered to her townhouse and if so did he have keys to the townhouse and drove over there to put the dishwasher in place or was it delivered to his home!?

Frankly, the only person acting "normal" in this whole fiasco is the little girl asking for her Mommy the night before a significant weather event.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Page not found for me, also.

It is from the first thread originally posted on August 28. Sometimes they will pull an article if there's an update, and then post it somewhere else on the site. Since then there have been several other MSM articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystal seems like she was handling it all and taking it all in stride. She is a divorced woman so there is no harm in her playing the field.

I'm just amazed she and BF have only been dating a month, what with overnight visits and plans for not one but two cruises together. Things really seemed to be going fast. They must have really hit it off.

I'm still thinking there is a possibility this was random, a crime of opportunity with Harvey coming. She is beautiful, well put together, drives a luxuary vehicle. That would attract a lot of attention, good and bad.

With Harvey coming, I can see the family feeling like hey we're on their own with trying to find her. The police were tied up for DAYS during the time she was missing so I can see the family going through the car, since they found it, not the police and seeing if anything in the car or at the townhouse would give me any clues to where she may have gone.

I just really hope she is somewhere safe and makes it back to her children. FWIW.

I find it unlikely that she was dating anyone besides BF. I mean it's possible, but that would just be a heck of a lot to juggle.

I read her ex-husband texted her about a dishwasher arriving. Was the dishwasher delivered to her townhouse and if so did he have keys to the townhouse and drove over there to put the dishwasher in place or was it delivered to his home!?

So far, we haven't found anything that says whether the dishwasher was for the reno at the townhouse or for the EXes home where she was staying to be with her children.

Did the boyfriend actually say "one month"? Is there a link to this? I saw an article where someone else said they'd been dating about a month, but not a direct quote from him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did the boyfriend actually say "one month"? Is there a link to this? I saw an article where someone else said they'd been dating about a month, but not a direct quote from him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, he did. It is quoted in the Crime Online article.

It's weird that after dating for a month, the boyfriend is speaking about where crystal has ties. Like saying she has no ties to the ping area or motel area. Unless he's taking it upon himself to share family information, I don't see how he could know after a month.

Interesting to know that the boyfriend and ex both took polygraphs

I think her uncle is totally crushed and rushed to search everywhere, including the townhouse and car. I think he just wants crystal and didn't even think about evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie