7 year old leads police on chase....

I watched the video. He really didn't do too bad driving. The tv or the link made no mention of his parents. Im wondering where were they and how did they not miss him or the truck???? Especially when the kid was driving at night.

SadieMae said:
Im wondering where were they and how did they not miss him or the truck???? Especially when the kid was driving at night.
INDEED!! If anyone should be charged...it should be them.................negligence maybe?

And, I agree with you as well, KQ.

KatherineQ said:
I think he needs a serious home study done by LE and CPS. A 7 year old that knows how to drive, to the point of using a turn signal, is bad, bad news.

I agree, something is going on with this family, and it is evident that proper parenting isn't going on. I also have a feeling he has driven a few time before, probably with his dad in the car giving him lessons. grrrr

Maybe he plays a lot of racing video games, has a go-kart or knows how to drive a tractor. I had one of those power wheel jeeps when I was little, and my dad also used to let me steer our tractor til I could reach the pedals to drive it myself. I dunno I'm just thinking outside the box here, I doubt many people would let their 7 year old drive their truck.

Paradise said:
Maybe he plays a lot of racing video games, has a go-kart or knows how to drive a tractor. I had one of those power wheel jeeps when I was little, and my dad also used to let me steer our tractor til I could reach the pedals to drive it myself. I dunno I'm just thinking outside the box here, I doubt many people would let their 7 year old drive their truck.
I agree with you. Some kids are just very observant! Especially boys, I would bet my own kid could drive halfway decent. I'll never know for sure though! LOL

Jean said:
I agree, something is going on with this family, and it is evident that proper parenting isn't going on. I also have a feeling he has driven a few time before, probably with his dad in the car giving him lessons. grrrr

Here in Texas (don't know about there) it's actually LEGAL for a child of any age to drive on private property. I called DPS because I flat didn't believe it a couple years ago, and there are a lot of crazy people who let their kids drive around in cars on their acreage. And even crazier people who decide oh what they hey, let 'em drive all over town. There are so many kids in my 15 year old's drivers ed class who have been driving, in public, for years. Go figure.

KatherineQ said:
Here in Texas (don't know about there) it's actually LEGAL for a child of any age to drive on private property. I called DPS because I flat didn't believe it a couple years ago, and there are a lot of crazy people who let their kids drive around in cars on their acreage. And even crazier people who decide oh what they hey, let 'em drive all over town. There are so many kids in my 15 year old's drivers ed class who have been driving, in public, for years. Go figure.
Same here, when I had a small horse farm I allowed all of my foster children that were old enough to reaach the pedals while still able to see over the dash to drive on my property. I was sitting next to them.

The shocking thing is, most of my foster children came from the Philadelphia's inner cities and they already knew how to drive! Most had been stealing cars for a few years before being placed with me. Oh and inner city kids come in handy when you lock your keys in the car. I had a 14 yr old that could retrieve them in under a minute without breaking anything!

This little guy lives about 10 miles from me. In the area he was driving is so narrow. I can't believe they would actually press charges.

Linda7NJ said:
Oh and inner city kids come in handy when you lock your keys in the car. I had a 14 yr old that could retrieve them in under a minute without breaking anything!
That is not true. It may be true of the foster children that you cared for but, it is not true in general.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back