NC NC - Abby Patterson, 20, Lumberton, 5 Sept 2017

Dalagali

Reaction score
LUMBERTON — A Lumberton mother is asking the public’s help in finding her daughter, who has been missing since Tuesday.

Top Searches
Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, was last seen on East Ninth Street at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, said Samantha Lovette, Patterson’s mother.

“She said ‘I’ll be back in an hour,’” Lovette said.

When her daughter didn’t return after the hour passed, Lovette tried to call her cell phone but it went straight to voicemail.

“It’s been going straight to voicemail ever since,” Lovette said

This was here daughter’s first time back in Lumberton after being in Jacksonville, Fla., for two years.

“Most of her friends aren’t here anymore,” Lovette said. “I don’t know who she’s with.”

Patterson is white, has brown hair, brown eyes, is about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. She has a bird tattoo on her shoulder and a dark birthmark on the back of her left thigh. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and brown shorts.

“We love her and need her back home,” Lovette said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845 and ask for Officer Deana Locklear.

Reid Beaman can be reached at 910-816-1989

http://www.robesonian.com/news/102533/20-year-old-woman-reported-missing

http://www.robesonian.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/web1_Abby_Patterson201797155153889.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1723482724624565
cf780c25385d54013a913dde020f87c0.jpg

Missing Persons of America interesting details:
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....ame-area-that-three-other-women-went-missing/

Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, is missing from Lumberton, NC. She was last seen on East Ninth Street at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Earlier this year, on June 7, police identified a body that was found at 608 East 8th Street as Megan Ann Oxendine, 28, who had a last known address of the 700 block of Dwight Road in Lumberton. On April 18, the police found two decomposed bodies across the street from each other. Christina Bennett, 32, was found at 505 Peachtree St. and Rhonda Jones, 36, was found in a trash can at 702 East Fifth St., reports WNCN. Bystanders told Robesonian news that the “Peachtree Street address is an abandoned home that is frequented almost daily by people using drugs and having sex with prostitutes.”Abby’s lasts location is just minutes away from East 8th and East Fifth Streets, where the other women were found.

What is even more alarming is the proximity of where the bodies were found, that were close together. Police are aware of this and have said that all three deaths are being considered suspicious BUT they’re unsure if the deaths are connected.

More at link including map of area.

Here's Abby's Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/abby.l.patterson.5?ref=content_filter

Look at her FB, at a song she posted on Aug 22 at 6:38pm. Common name, but...

Missing Persons of America interesting details:
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....ame-area-that-three-other-women-went-missing/

Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, is missing from Lumberton, NC. She was last seen on East Ninth Street at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Earlier this year, on June 7, police identified a body that was found at 608 East 8th Street as Megan Ann Oxendine, 28, who had a last known address of the 700 block of Dwight Road in Lumberton. On April 18, the police found two decomposed bodies across the street from each other. Christina Bennett, 32, was found at 505 Peachtree St. and Rhonda Jones, 36, was found in a trash can at 702 East Fifth St., reports WNCN. Bystanders told Robesonian news that the “Peachtree Street address is an abandoned home that is frequented almost daily by people using drugs and having sex with prostitutes.”Abby’s lasts location is just minutes away from East 8th and East Fifth Streets, where the other women were found.

What is even more alarming is the proximity of where the bodies were found, that were close together. Police are aware of this and have said that all three deaths are being considered suspicious BUT they’re unsure if the deaths are connected.

More at link including map of area.

Here's Abby's Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/abby.l.patterson.5?ref=content_filter

Look at her FB, at a song she posted on Aug 22 at 6:38pm. Common name, but...

There's a friend on her Facebook who passed away in June. Her name was Christina. Could be to her she is referring in that post you picked out....

I think the shady house mentioned was her intended place of arrival. I sense a relapse

J.M.O.

There's a friend on her Facebook who passed away in June. Her name was Christina. Could be to her she is referring in that post you picked out....

Thank you. The same name as the young lady mentioned with the other two that were killed pinged my radar a bit, i.e. did the two know each other? Sounds like this Christina is unrelated. I'm sorry to hear that she lost her life :(.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Abby didn't do drugs. The police have also found no connection between the girls that were found deceased near the location of where she went missing and don't believe there is one. The article that linked them together was not based on facts from the case and isn't supported by the police department. The family has requested that the information falsely claiming that they are related not be shared and are asking that only facts released by the police or the family themselves be spread in an effort to locate abby. You can go on to Sandys or Samantha's Facebook pages to see detailed information of last known location, time of disappearance and discription. I know the family personally and they are going through a lot right now. Seeing wild speculations such as drugs, relapse and the such is unneeded stress. Abby never did drugs and there is no evidence to support that it is drug related in any way.

Can you explain why Abby would say she was "5 months clean" in February if she never did drugs? She makes reference to heroin several times on her FB. She clearly had friends who passed and she supported "Overdose Awareness Day"...as someone in recovery all of that screams drug use to me, whether back then and/or now. This is not supposed to be insulting, but we have to know the reality in order to help - I concur with the other posters, simply based on her social media presence and Occam's razor, an OD makes the most sense [emoji177]

Members who know case players might consider becoming a Verified Insider.

What is a Verified Insider?

A "verified insider" (VI) is an individual with first-hand knowledge of the facts of a case (or some portion of the facts). A VI can be a family member, friend, classmate, employer, private investigator, or anyone else acquainted with a victim or suspect. Being "verified" means that an admin or owner has confirmed the member's identity and relationship to a case. (Not everyone who claims to be an insider makes it through the verification process.) VIs may post what they know or opine without providing MSM links to back up “facts”. Other members may assign whatever weight they deem appropriate to those posts, using their best judgment and giving it as much weight as they think it is worth.

Members who are not a VI must provide links to substantiate what they claim to be fact, or make it clear it is only their personal theory or opinion (MOO, JMO, IMO)

If a member wishes to become a VI, here is the link to the verification process for anyone who has inside knowledge of the case.

Let's stick to the facts. She said she would be back in an hour. She is in the area where previous women have gone missing and murdered no matter their occupation or habits. She is missing; and only just came back home to the area. Her cell phone records are of utmost importance; did she plan to meet someone?

Let's stick to the facts. She said she would be back in an hour. She is in the area where previous women have gone missing and murdered no matter their occupation or habits. She is missing; and only just came back home to the area. Her cell phone records are of utmost importance; did she plan to meet someone?

Article from today: http://wpde.com/news/local/lumberton-police-looking-for-missing-woman

Lumberton, N.C. (WPDE) — Police are asking for help to find Abby Patterson, 20, who was was last seen on September 5 getting into a brown Buick in the area of East 9th Street in Lumberton, according to Captain Terry Parker with Lumberton police.

Her family told police they have never lost contact with her before and they haven’t heard from her since the day she went missing.

Police say her disappearance isn't connected to the deaths of three women around that same area.

More at link

Article from today: http://wpde.com/news/local/lumberton-police-looking-for-missing-woman

Lumberton, N.C. (WPDE) — Police are asking for help to find Abby Patterson, 20, who was was last seen on September 5 getting into a brown Buick in the area of East 9th Street in Lumberton, according to Captain Terry Parker with Lumberton police.

Her family told police they have never lost contact with her before and they haven’t heard from her since the day she went missing.

Police say her disappearance isn't connected to the deaths of three women around that same area.

More at link

She made People magazine: http://people.com/crime/missing-lumberton-north-carolina-woman-3-others-killed/

Lumberton investigators tell PEOPLE they do not believe Patterson’s disappearance is connected to the cases of three women — Christina Bennett, 32, Rhonda Jones, 36, and Megan Oxendine, 28 — who vanished from the same town in separate incidents and were discovered slain within the last year.

Police have not identified a suspect or suspects in those killings.

Those with possible information about Patterson’s disappearance are urged to call the Lumberton Police Department at (910) 671-3845.

More at link

Why did she move back home?

She had just been at the beach with her family the day before looking happy and healthy. Then she leaves the next morning intending to only be gone an hour. She wasn't dressed for a jog, so there are only a few things you dip out for an hour for that I can think of:

1. Cigarettes
2. Groceries
3. Coffee
4. A fix
5. Feed someone's pet
6. Emergency

Another thing, on the 16th she says she is going back to Jacksonville to live, indicating she was somewhere other than Jacksonville (NC?). She posts a video two days later of her back yard. Where is that? It has a giant pond ringed with trees only steps from her back steps.

Finally, on Aug 26th she posts a picture of a cake "this guy" made her. She has what seems to be a boyfriend in Lancaster SC, BE, who she has a selfie with on July 9th.

On June 24th she was in Fort Lawn, SC.

So when did she arrive in NC? A clearer picture of her movements leading up to this can help us get an idea of where she has friends, why she was moving around so much, and where she could be now.

Now for the drug connection, I believe Abby did not do drugs as her friend/family is telling us and we should respect that. (At least definitely not heroin). Her friend Christina overdosed this past summer which is likely where the interest in drug prevention is coming from. If you read Christina's timeline, look for a post by JH around the time she was found. It is unclear if Abby was in Florida when it happened but she was not already in NC since her family is saying they miss her in comments under Abby's memorial post about Christina.

Abby was last seen getting into a brown Buick in the area of East 9th Street in Lumberton, according to Captain Terry Parker with Lumberton police. Who might own the brown buick? I agree with Cherry, her cell phone records are important here. What do the pings say? When did activity stop?

Let me add a little here. The 3 bodies found have been tied to prostitution or drugs locally.
Word on the street was that Bennett and Jones worked as prostitutes, but neither had a criminal history suggesting such.
The third woman MO has had the most info released to date:
http://www.robesonian.com/news/99726/residents-spooked-by-latest-grisly-find
The woman identified as the person whose badly decomposed body was found Saturday behind a house on East Eighth Street was interviewed by a Raleigh television station the day after two bodies were found April 18 in the same neighborhood.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/9976...on-following-april-18-discovery-of-two-bodies

In 2015 two more known prostitutes found dead in same area:
http://www.robesonian.com/archive/5...ce_unsure_if_slayings_of_2_prostitutes_linked

As soon as I find the link again I will post but a friend of MO claimed she left to fin a fix and never returned and family says she was found “naked and bloody”. LE is trying to say nothing. Amazingly in Fayetteville NC and Wilminton, NC both towns about 30 or so miles from Lumberton has had several unsolved prostitute deaths in recent years also. I realize prostitution is a high risk career choice but this is more than that I believe. I know that the missing AP was a member of Facebook group “BOH Sister” an online group for recovering addicts who were treated at the Bridge of Hope facility. Perhaps her family is in the dark about her issues but in the area she went missing drugs and prostitution are rampant. Perhaps she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but but if she had a dependence issue it could be very important to finding her. Unfortunately I think it is too early to rule out any connection to the others yet. The local pd is also trying to downplay the connection between the first 3 also.

Also Vail that is Jacksonville , Fla. where she previously resided.

Also Vail that is Jacksonville , Fla. where she previously resided.

Thank you! She seemed to be in a lot of different places in the months prior to being in NC.

I don't think it is a stretch to speculate she may have had some dependency issues, especially since she clearly has friends who have struggled with it.
I am still not totally sure if she is involved in these addiction support groups for herself or as a friend of an addict, but both scenarios point to potential danger. If she was meeting someone that morning who is an addict, it could involve her in something dangerous as easily as if she got herself into it. It is really hard to ignore the obvious connection these deaths have with the area, whether they are directly connected to each other or not and the fact she was seen getting into an unknown car is sketchy.

Her family states all her friends moved on and no one is left in Lumberton but this is completely false. According to her FB friends list, she has connections with over 40 people (likely high school friends) who are still in Lumberton, some of which have clear drug-related interests. A detective with the Robeson Cnty Sherriff is also on her friends list oddly enough.

And googling heroin and Lumberton tells me this area has a pretty huge problem. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back