CANADA Canada - Lin Tao, 19, Toronto, 10 Feb 2002

dotr

Reaction score
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/03/14/police-trying-to-identify-murder-suspect-in-2002-cold-case/
attachment.php

Toronto police are seeking the public’s help in identifying a murder suspect from a 14-year-old cold case.

Police were called to the Four Winds Drive area, near Finch Avenue West and Keele Street, around 8 p.m. on Feb. 10, 2002. When officers arrived at the scene, they found Lin Tao, 19, suffering from stab wounds. She was pronounced dead in hospital.
attachment.php

“We have his DNA, so all we need from you is his name,” Gallant said in the video.

The suspect is male, possibly Asian and has pale complexion. He is five-feet six-inches to five-feet seven-inches tall, 130 pounds and with a slender build.
rbbm.

Attachments

• Lin-Tao-878x494.jpg
    Lin-Tao-878x494.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Lin-Tao-cold-case-suspect.jpg
    Lin-Tao-cold-case-suspect.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 49
[video=youtube;vLmWgltccHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLmWgltccHM[/video]

All I can say is that this hat is certainly a bootleg product. I'm gonna show my nerd factor here -- I know this because of the choice of characters and the artwork mistakes.

I've put it to a board on Reddit to see if anyone can scare up some info on the hat. I couldn't find it from any of my sources online (and if this is a 2002 bootleg I doubt it's still in production) and some of those Redditors can locate just about any item.

I'll let you know if they find anything.

All I can say is that this hat is certainly a bootleg product. I'm gonna show my nerd factor here -- I know this because of the choice of characters and the artwork mistakes.

I've put it to a board on Reddit to see if anyone can scare up some info on the hat. I couldn't find it from any of my sources online (and if this is a 2002 bootleg I doubt it's still in production) and some of those Redditors can locate just about any item.

I'll let you know if they find anything.

Welcome to Ws PangolininASidecar, thanks for chiming in!

We talked about this case at length sometime ago.

It's great that it is getting some media attention again, so that Ms. Tao and her family are not forgotten.

This looks like some sort of stalker situation. It would seem that someone on the fringes of the victim's life was obsessed by her, and found out where she lived, following her and confronting her there.

An older article.
https://www.thestar.com/news/2007/02/08/students_slaying_remains_unsolved.html
By Tracy Huffman
Nicholas KeungStaff Reporters
Thu., Feb. 8, 2007
Tao loved to learn and was always at the top of her class. She loved to read and paint and enjoyed studying geography and history. She dreamed of working in health-care management.

Tao Lin's parents decided their daughter's education could best be furthered in Canada. At 16, a mature Tao left for Vancouver, studying there for a couple of years before coming to Toronto.

Three days before she died, Tao made her weekly call to her parents and told them how excited she was about York University, where she was enrolled at an English-language institute. Tao's parents believed they had made a good decision in sending her to Canada.
On Feb. 10, 2002, Tao Lin left driving school in the Keele St. and Finch Ave. W. area around 8 p.m. She walked through a parking lot, across Keele St. toward her home on Four Winds Dr.

As she came around the corner of 1 Four Winds Dr., a man grabbed her from behind with his arm around her neck and dragged her to the south side of the building. There he slit her throat and took her cellphone.

The attack lasted only a couple of minutes, Buck said, and Tao tried to fight her assailant off. During the attack, the killer cut his left hand or arm before he fled north on Keele St., passing a couple waiting at a bus stop. As he ran, his left arm swinging, he left a 163-metre-long blood trail.
In their search for Tao's killer, Buck and Giroux eliminated hundreds of people as suspects. Police interviewed everyone in the apartment complex where she lived and was attacked
"We know Lin's killer had a severe injury to his left side
Buck said the vicious attack was personal and likely by someone she knew.

"My feeling is that her killer is someone familiar with the area and likely familiar to her. ... He waited for her and he attacked her."

' Season Three, Episode Two, Lin Tao, 19​

Unit:

Homicide and Missing Persons Unit
Published: Monday, November 13, 2023, 1:58 PM

SHARE (OPENS IN NEW WINDOW)
The Toronto Police Service has launched Season Three of its unique, six-episode series of 24 Shades of Blue podcast with Obie & Ax.
Featuring A/Detective Sergeant Stephen Smith of Homicide - Cold Case, this series highlights an unsolved, historic homicide or missing persons case during each episode.
The second episode of 24 Shades of Blue - Cold Case Edition, Season Three, features the case of Lin Tao, 19, hosted by Anime.
On February 10, 2002, Lin was on her way home in the area of Finch Avenue and Keele Street when she was stabbed to death by an unknown person. Police are asking anyone who may remember anything or have any information to please contact them.''

On February 10, 2002, Lin was on her way home in the area of Finch Avenue and Keele Street when she was stabbed to death by an unknown person. Police are asking anyone who may remember anything or have any information to please contact them.

2016 rbbm​

lin tao
''Lin Tao
Toronto Police are seeking justice for 19-year-old Lin Tao 14 years after she was stabbed to death near the York University campus. Her body was found outside 1 Four Winds Drive in the area of Keele Street and Finch Ave. W. Police feel sure that her attacker knew the young student and that there are people, perhaps a number of them, who know the identity of the killer. He cut himself in the attack and left behind a trail of blood which has established his DNA. Police are saying Monday that all they need is a name to give closure in the matter. They think there was a relationship — maybe a secret relationship — between Ms Tao and her killer. In addition to a trail of blood, the person responsible also left behind a toque with three Pokémon figures on it. He is described as having a pale complexion, possibly of Asian descent, about 130 pounds and around 5’6” or 5’7”. Those who may have known the suspect at the time would have remembered him having an unexplained injury, after February 10, 2002, which may have left a scar likely on his arm or hand say detectives.''

Another young woman killed on the streets of the big city was another York University student. Lin Tao, 20, was a long way from her home in China when she was slain.

According to cops, on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2002 around 8:06 p.m., officers were called to reports of a stabbing at 1 Fourwinds Dr. near Finch West Station. Cops found her outside the apartment building suffering from stab wounds to her neck.

She died later in hospital.

“We have offender DNA in this case and believe that Lin knew her attacker,” Smith said. “We have conducted genetic testing and believe the offender to be of South Asian descent.”
1699984766750.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back