Resolved OK - Oklahoma City, Skeletal Remains found Scattered in Field near Bridge, Sept'17 - Name withheld

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
14877350_G.jpg

Authorities said a caller reported discovering the bones near Reno and Penn after 1 a.m. Sunday. It will take some time for investigators to determine who the person was and how the person died. Police are getting help from both anthropologists and members of the medical examiner's team.

Detectives found what appeared to be a line of evidence between the bridges and ended up removing four biohazard trash bags full of evidence.
http://www.news9.com/story/36331275/homicide-detectives-investigating-skeletal-remains-in-s-okc

Video interview with the man who found the remains: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...finding-human-skull-in-metro-field/vi-AArKj6Y

this looks like a perfect place to leave a body :(

One thing that stands out but doesn't eliminate anything.. Where it looked like they found the body is shortly after the guard fencing ends on the overpass. So someone could have puled up and thrown a body over.. There is also a train track switch (not sure on wording, where a track switches to another track) i'm not sure if these require a train to stop but if so I suppose someone could have been dumped from a train also. One side of this storm drain runs right by a neighborhood but the drain itself empties into the Oklahoma river and looks to have a lot of water in it. I doubt it gets 100% dry..

The poll in the middle of the field looks to be a giant street light. If you go to streetview on Reno it gives a different impression to the area.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.464...4!1s3a8q2Johm0xPhRPmD1-h9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

One thing that stands out but doesn't eliminate anything.. Where it looked like they found the body is shortly after the guard fencing ends on the overpass. So someone could have puled up and thrown a body over.. There is also a train track switch (not sure on wording, where a track switches to another track) i'm not sure if these require a train to stop but if so I suppose someone could have been dumped from a train also.

If you follow the tracks that branch off from the mainline, both are just industry spurs that dead-end into businesses. The only trains that will stop there are the ones that will go in and serve the industries. All the others will just roll through on the main without stopping. There is no Amtrak service on that route, either, as the only route serving Oklahoma City goes straight south from the Amtrak station en route to DFW.

I don't remember the poor young guy's name, but there was a young man from I believe new Orleans Louisiana who ventured out of his gf house for an errand and never returned. he was found later in a similar area.... overpasses, a storm drain and the dead end of a nearby neighborhood. just seems so desolate.

One thing that stands out but doesn't eliminate anything.. Where it looked like they found the body is shortly after the guard fencing ends on the overpass. So someone could have puled up and thrown a body over.. There is also a train track switch (not sure on wording, where a track switches to another track) i'm not sure if these require a train to stop but if so I suppose someone could have been dumped from a train also. One side of this storm drain runs right by a neighborhood but the drain itself empties into the Oklahoma river and looks to have a lot of water in it. I doubt it gets 100% dry..

The poll in the middle of the field looks to be a giant street light. If you go to streetview on Reno it gives a different impression to the area.
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.464...4!1s3a8q2Johm0xPhRPmD1-h9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This is the part that I thought was really strange: "Detectives found what appeared to be a line of evidence between the bridges and ended up removing four biohazard trash bags full of evidence."

Biohazard bags? Really? In a line?

Of course at first I thought about weird ritual sacrifices and who knows what else. But really, the most likely things to need to put in biohazard bags would be waste of some sort: dirty diapers, hypodermic needles, IV bags, etc.

And when you fling a bunch of objects all at once, like when you swing a bag by its bottom, it tends to spray things in a curving line.

But that doesn't make me feel any more enlightened about what might have happened here

This is the part that I thought was really strange: "Detectives found what appeared to be a line of evidence between the bridges and ended up removing four biohazard trash bags full of evidence."

Of course at first I thought about weird ritual sacrifices and who knows what else. But really, the most likely things to need to put in biohazard bags would be waste of some sort: dirty diapers, hypodermic needles, IV bags, etc.

And when you fling a bunch of objects all at once, like when you swing a bag by its bottom, it tends to spray things in a curving line.

But that doesn't make me feel any more enlightened about what might have happened here

This is kinda what made me look into the location. If a body had been dumped the fashion it disposed in could add into that.. If it was a body being dumped I would imagine pulling up on the over pass and throwing them over the side would be the most safe way to not be caught. Tracks with a fence and barbwire topping covers one side, street lighting and being close to the road even with overgrowth on the reverse side. Then you have a business and flooded storm drain on the sides.

Where I stand now is if it was a body disposed it came from the overpass. If not then maybe it was a homeless encampment that someone passed in.

I interpreted this to mean that the investigators collected four biohazard bags of evidence from the site, not that the evidence was already in bags when it was discovered. Definitely demonstrates the need to write clearly!

I interpreted this to mean that the investigators collected four biohazard bags of evidence from the site, not that the evidence was already in bags when it was discovered. Definitely demonstrates the need to write clearly!
Yeah, but my point was, why biohazard bags instead of ordinary evidence bags?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Or maybe hit-and-run?

This is kinda what made me look into the location. If a body had been dumped the fashion it disposed in could add into that.. If it was a body being dumped I would imagine pulling up on the over pass and throwing them over the side would be the most safe way to not be caught. Tracks with a fence and barbwire topping covers one side, street lighting and being close to the road even with overgrowth on the reverse side. Then you have a business and flooded storm drain on the sides.

Where I stand now is if it was a body disposed it came from the overpass. If not then maybe it was a homeless encampment that someone passed in.

NaMus: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17054

Already Ruled out is Samantha Ann Puckett 1987 Oklahoma

UID is:

Female

30-60 years old

Unknown race

Postmortem interval: Months; Probable year of death: 2017

Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair color: Unknown or completely bald

Clothing on body: Shirt, pants, shoes

Tattoo: Picture of tattoo included in images:

I wonder where on her body it was.

Me too. It doesn't say. The whole file is really vague-- no clothing description. Is it odd that she was mostly skeletal but had a tattoo still visible? Hard to tell what the tattoo is, possibly it is only a partial tattoo due to decomposition...

NaMus: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/17054

Already Ruled out is Samantha Ann Puckett 1987 Oklahoma

UID is:

Female

30-60 years old

Unknown race

Postmortem interval: Months; Probable year of death: 2017

Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair color: Unknown or completely bald

Clothing on body: Shirt, pants, shoes

Tattoo: Picture of tattoo included in images:

Is the tattoo a skull and crossbones?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Me too. It doesn't say. The whole file is really vague-- no clothing description. Is it odd that she was mostly skeletal but had a tattoo still visible? Hard to tell what the tattoo is, possibly it is only a partial tattoo due to decomposition...
No, not odd. Patches of skin often mummify and can be recovered by a variety of means that rehydrate the skin or lift the ink. Yes, it looks partial to me; the part that's white looks like whatever material they used for recovery.

I guess it's possible that the material had deteriorated to the point where they couldn't tell exactly what the item of clothing had been. I dropped a cotton t-shirt in my yard last June and by the time I found it in September, it was just shreds. Looked like an animal might have taken part of it for a nest and the rest had faded to pale. You couldn't even tell what color it had been, though the neck band was still identifiable.

The whole file reads like a stub entry. Hopefully they'll fill in more later as they get more and better information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back