GUILTY FL - Norris Gaynor, 45, homeless, beaten to death, Fort Lauderdale, 12 Jan 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Young men with bats kill homeless man, injure 2 others in downtown, beachside Lauderdale[/font]

By Macollvie Jean-Francois
sun-sentinel.com
Posted January 12 2006, 12:00 PM EST

[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]FORT LAUDERDALE – Young men armed with baseball bats or sticks attacked three homeless men, killing one and hospitalizing the two others early Thursday morning in the city's downtown and beachside areas, police said.

One of the homeless men died from his injuries around 8 a.m. at Broward General Medical Center.
[/font]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-112homelessbeating,0,3435973.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

These beatings were caught on video.
[/font]

I saw this on TV this morning and it sickened me! What the heck is wrong with people?

This is heartbreaking at least for me. I do not understand what motivates people to do something this horrible. :(

I know...they need a beating like that and see how it feels! I'm not into violence, but I feel it's needed to start showing how we DON'T behave! :furious:
Rachael said:
This is heartbreaking at least for me. I do not understand what motivates people to do something this horrible. :(

T'sNana said:
I know...they need a beating like that and see how it feels! I'm not into violence, but I feel it's needed to start showing how we DON'T behave! :furious:

I agree but then again I am an eye for an eye person in MOST cases.

Shadow205 said:
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Young men with bats kill homeless man, injure 2 others in downtown, beachside Lauderdale[/font]

By Macollvie Jean-Francois
sun-sentinel.com
Posted January 12 2006, 12:00 PM EST

[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]FORT LAUDERDALE – Young men armed with baseball bats or sticks attacked three homeless men, killing one and hospitalizing the two others early Thursday morning in the city's downtown and beachside areas, police said.

One of the homeless men died from his injuries around 8 a.m. at Broward General Medical Center.
[/font]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-112homelessbeating,0,3435973.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

These beatings were caught on video.
[/font]

In addition ....

He was identified later as Norris Gaynor, 45. The two other homeless men were listed as serious at the hospital. They were not immediately identified.

The attacks occurred between 2 and 4 a.m. and involved two to four young white males, news partner NBC 6 reported.

The attacks occurred at or near:

* the Florida Atlantic University building downtown on East Las Olas Boulevard;

* another several blocks to the west near the Broward Center for Performing Arts in the Himarshee Historical District on Southwest Second Street;

* and the third, a homeless man who was sleeping, near the Church-by-the-Sea on Mayan Drive off the 17th Street Causeway.

The fatal beating on Gaynor occurred on the 400 block of Southwest Second Street near the performing arts center. He was found by a friend, who called for help.

Police said the attacks may be related, but they are not yet sure.

Said Detective Kathy Collins, police spokeswoman: "It is a terrible thing that happened and they will be punished accordingly," noting that Gaynor's death will bring homicide charges against the attackers.

Police released surveillance video of the attack at the FAU complex later in the morning. In the video, two young males are seen beating one of the homeless men with what appear to be bats. That victim survived the attack.

If you recognize the males in the video, call Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.

"Homeless Beatings - Homicide"

Shadow205 - thanks so much for posting this thread. :blowkiss:

My thoughts ....

Hopefully - LE will be able to utilize the capability to further enhance the photos of the perpetrators caught on video. These vicious & evil men must be captured & brought to justice. God willing - someone will recognize the perpetrators and report them to LE.

I saw this hideous story on several of the cable news shows yesterday afternoon & again last night. I was so bothered by it that I couldn't sleep for more than short spurts all night long.

What can I do??? What can any of us do?

Well - at this jucture - nothing to help the poor homeless man that was beaten to death in Lauderdale. Nothing to assist the other two unfortunate individuals beaten "simply for being homeless" by ignorant miscreants.

Unable to sleep, I got up at 4 am and started gathering up blankets, quilts, some aero-bed inflatable mattresses, flashlights, extra pkgs of batteries, insulated stainless steel mugs with screw on tops, some camping gear for cooking, towels, warm coats, jackets, ski hats, sweaters and a plethora of about 50 or more hooded & unhooded sweatshirts that I had collected in my travels - but really didn't need. I placed everything into shopping bags & heavy duty plastic construction bags. At 6 am - I headed to the Salvation Army homeless shelter in downtown Orlando. We have quite a population of homeless people here too - and the overnight temperatures this weekend are forecast for the mid 30's. The shelter always needs extra supplies when the temps drop.

Do any of you have surplus "stuff" that your local homeless shelter could utilize?

It sure feels good to lend a hand to others less fortunate than we are. God bless you all! :)

13th Juror

13th juror--just read your post. What a great and thoughtful idea!!

Kudos to you.

Teens Surrender in Beatings of Homeless Men

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Jan. 15) - A surveillance video that captured images of a homeless man being savagely beaten helped police track down two South Florida teenage suspects who turned themselves in to police Sunday, officials said.

Security cameras captured the vicious beating of Jacques Pierre, one in a series against the homeless, on Thursday.

Family attorneys negotiated the surrender of Brian Hooks, 18, and Thomas S. Daugherty, 17.

They will face murder charges in the death of Norris Gaynor and aggravated battery charges in the videotaped beating of Jacques Pierre, said Capt. Michael Gregory, in charge of criminal investigations with Fort Lauderdale police.

http://tinyurl.com/cbvf6

Savages! No rhyme or reason. Get rid of these sub humans! :behindbar

Schmerty_Jones said:
Savages! No rhyme or reason. Get rid of these sub humans! :behindbar
They think these teens have participated in many other beatings, and there are other kids also involved. I hope they round them all up, and send them away for a very long time.

I just wonder what these boys will say or have said. I just don't understand such a brutal and senseless act and feel so sorry for the families of both the victims and the assailants.

I would not want to be a parent and find out my child was behind anything this horrible. I guess the boys missed the lessons in life about treating other people as decent human beings-even homeless people.

I definitely hope part of their punishment besides being in prison forever is to help directly with homeless persons so that they can understand and put a human face on the persons they beat and killed.

These boys thought it would be fun! They wanted to feel like big men, so they beat up on old homeless guys. One is a juvenile I understand, but only by a year. Try them as adults and let them see what prison is like. They'll see what a real beat-down is. Only from the other side of the bat.

mssheila said:
These boys thought it would be fun! They wanted to feel like big men, so they beat up on old homeless guys. One is a juvenile I understand, but only by a year. Try them as adults and let them see what prison is like. They'll see what a real beat-down is. Only from the other side of the bat.
It is so particulary disturbing that they thought this as fun. Individuals who were already beaten down. Where is the compassion? I don't know where to lay blame in these situations. And before we criticize individuals just realize you are only one step away from being in the same boat.Loss of a job, loss of a husband, loss of your savings because of corporate scams, loss of your youth and so it goes. None of us are beyond reproach. If we don't step up to humanity there is no humanity left.

http://huffcrimeblog.com/

At the above link, Huff's Crime Blog, Steve has uncovered some additional information about the teens. Including links to the South Florida Racing Forum where the teen aquintances discuss recoginizing the boys. Also comments from their friends.
Interesting read.

....entitled, spoiled, out-of-control kids...we'll probably find out that they had the lovely type of parents who don't set limits and want to be their kids' best buds...

...or maybe they were homeschooled by religious fundamentalist parents...

http://huffcrimeblog.com/

At the above link, Huff's Crime Blog, Steve has uncovered some additional information about the teens. Including links to the South Florida Racing Forum where the teen aquintances discuss recoginizing the boys. Also comments from their friends.
Interesting read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back