UNSOLVED CA - Merced Co, Body found in Cornfield, Sept'17

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]'Badly decomposing' body found in Merced cornfield[/h]
A worker at J&T Dairy alerted the sheriff's office immediately after finding the body around 7 a.m. The cornfield is by Sandy Mush and Combs Road, in between the dairy and the Juvenile Justice Correctional Complex.

Deputy Daryl Allen said the body's state of decomposition made the person completely unidentifiable.

"We're not sure how long the body had been there," said Allen. "Animals, bugs and everything else kind of plays a factor in trying to identify this body."

Including our unseasonably hot summer. Allen said the coroner's office is trying multiple methods to figure out who this person is, including ways of re-hydrating skin and doing dental impressions.
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/badly-decomposing-body-found-in-merced-cornfield/811483140

But field workers have to care for the fields.. harvest crops and what not. So seems not many would be put there? Why do I NEVER hear of these things when I'm local?! I've gone down these roads since this person was found and had no clue!

This seems to be an important part of the article that didn't get posted here.

"A few weeks ago there was a vehicle accident out in the area and nobody was found," Allen said.

But field workers have to care for the fields.. harvest crops and what not. So seems not many would be put there? Why do I NEVER hear of these things when I'm local?! I've gone down these roads since this person was found and had no clue!

You would think, but apparently the edges of the fields aren't visited very often.

And it seems like people who do that kind of body dump don't care if the body is found as long as the decedent can't be connected to them.

Might be from a car wreck. I don't want to gross you out but bodies can be ejected pretty far and fast during a vehicle roll over. Side note- there's a jail near where this body was located....probably has nothing to do with the discovery though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back