Brazil - Emma Kelty, 43, British, murdered in the Amazon, 13 Sept 2017 *Guilty*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Brazil Navу Searches Fоr British Canоeist Missing In Amazоn[/h]
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian navу patrol boats and helicopters are searching for a British woman reported missing while canoeing on thе Solimoes River in thе northеrn jungle state of Amazonas.

The navу saуs in a statement that thе 43-уear-old woman was between thе cities of Codajas and Coari when she activated an emergencу locatоr Sept. 13.

It adds that her canoe and some personal belongings have been recovered, without giving furthеr details.
http://newscame.com/2017/09/16/brazil-navу-searches-fоr-british-canоeist-missing-in-amazоn/

'I'm losing time, I have to carry on': Haunting final words of British head teacher murdered by Amazon pirates as last woman to see her alive warned her not to canoe alone along world's most lawless stretch of river

The British headmistress brutally murdered by Amazonian pirates turned down a safe boat ride through one of the most lawless stretches of water in the world, MailOnline has learned.

Emma Kelty was specifically warned about the danger of the river she was about to paddle through but insisted on sticking to her schedule as she was 'losing time'.

Shortly before her death - stunned that a foreign female canoeist was heading alone towards pirate territory - residents of a riverine community called her over as she passed by.

Miliane Vincente told how she took the British adventurer to her home in the village of Sao Joao de Catua on the Solimoes river, and gave her a glass of water as she showed her photos.

But the reason was not to flick through the snaps of Emma's travels - it was to warn her never to attempt to pass through the feared stretch of river after Coari, 100km upstream, on her own.

To the despair of those watching on, tenacious Emma paddled away - straight into the pirates' lair, and her brutal death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-time-Words-Brit-murdered-Amazon-pirates.html

I know we are not supposed to blame the victims here, but really - that stupid, stupid bloody woman.

No wonder many people in the developing world think westerners are arrogant.

I've been following this story via DM.....can't imagine chancing such a risky adventure. But then, I'm a wimp and hardly the adventurous type. So sorry that she met such a horrible & grisly death.

I've been following this story via DM.....can't imagine chancing such a risky adventure. But then, I'm a wimp and hardly the adventurous type. So sorry that she met such a horrible & grisly death.

You're not wimpy, IMO, but sensible. Perhaps you value your life as a precious gift. She was very noble in her stated cause of raising money for Cancer Research, but I can't help but note, just a few days after her death we had the annual Terry Fox run in Canada, over $700 million total raised for cancer research over 30 years from this one community-based event. Terry Fox ran across the country with a prosthetic leg, but he didn't risk being raped, murdered and fed to the fishes. He had a team with him the whole time, supporting him and providing anything he needed.

The "adventure industry" is now, it seems to me, based on cut-throat competition and inhuman expectations: If someone wants fame and sponsorships, they have to undergo extreme feats of derring-do, and especially they must never accept help. It is the opposite of what our society is based on: mutual care, teamwork, etc.

Hunt for the body of murdered British canoeist in the Amazon is scaled back over fears her body has been eaten by piranhas

The search for the body of British adventurer Emma Kelty in the Amazon River has been scaled back amid fears her remains have been eaten by piranhas.

Fire service divers ended their eight-day hunt of the murky water on Friday and her family now faces the prospect her body may never be found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916748/Hunt-Kelty-s-body-scaled-fears-eaten.html

That is extremely terrible. Brave, but if I had any knowledge or people warning me..i would have not of kept going. I guess you never know what anyone's reasoning is for things. May she rest in peace

She was robbed, raped, shot dead, and her body was thrown into the Solimoes River.

Fugitive Arthur Gomes da Silva was sentenced to 29 years and 11 months in prison for his role in the killing, convicted of corruption of minors, robbery-homicide, rape, and concealment of a corpse.

He went on the run and was finally arrested on 8 February 2023, five and a half years after Emma disappeared, while taking his daughter to a children's hospital in Manaus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back