H.S. Homework: Research *advertiser censored*

Pandora

Reaction score
SNIP
AP) A high school research assignment on Internet *advertiser censored* was canceled after parents in this Cleveland suburb complained.

Superintendent Jeff Lampert said that although the teacher's apparent goal _ to discuss the harmful effects of *advertiser censored* _ was well-intentioned, he agreed with parents that the assignment was inappropriate for 14- and 15-year-old freshmen at Brooklyn High.

The assignment asked students to research *advertiser censored* on the Internet and list eight facts about *advertiser censored*. Students also were asked to write their personal views of *advertiser censored* and any experience they had with it.SNIP

For full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/13/ap/strange/mainD8F42M1GE.shtml

I cannot fathom, as a teacher, WTH this teacher was thinking!

Just going to these sites makes them vulnerable. Stupid behavior for a teacher with responsibility to their students.

Is this what they call a progressive teacher? :confused:

Sounds to me like he was looking for new *advertiser censored* sources. Thought maybe he could get some new ideas from the kids, maybe?

What a perv...when I was in high school we had to read this horrible book called The Buffalo Tree. The entire book was swearing, sex and drugs. The year after I graduated a whole bunch of people took the book to the school board and tried to get it taken out of the school. It was a big thing...and ultimately the school board voted to keep the book. I see no educational value in that book, same with this project this teacher assigned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back