Hurricane Maria - Sept 2017

Henry2326

Reaction score
Tropical Storm Maria is expected to become a major hurricane (cat3 +) on Wednesday as it gets closer to Puerto Rico.

http://spaghettimodels.com/

attachment.php

21740490_10155524236497367_5444797244618833186_n.jpg

Attachments

• 204552_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    204552_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 323
Watching Jose might help decide where 15 (future Maria) goes. A slower Jose movement (blocking high to the north) keeps high pressure to the right allowing door to open more north for Maria... A quicker Jose move to the north and right allows high to build back in pushing Maria more west.
This is long-range.

Lesser Antilles and VI/PR need to watch close.*

www.spaghettimodels.com
78a289eac13d06e9f165e73965f1f747.gif
de8704073043c22ac06dd530ded96834.gif

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I know our local area cannot handle another storm. Fact.

-Nin

Intense fast building not good huh!
Yep....tooooooo far out for landfall....models jumping around all of the place....crazy stuff.

But...to your point....intensity holding at cat3/cat4.

It just never ends this year. How much longer can these keep forming, so quickly.

Thanks for all the storm threads and all your weather maps, Henry. I definitely get more from here than anywhere else.

Yep....tooooooo far out for landfall....models jumping around all of the place....crazy stuff.

But...to your point....intensity holding at cat3/cat4.

Ohh my goodness! We're still recovering in FL! Kids haven't returned back to school yet, internet & cable is still out...& of course the cleanup continues of the mess Irma left behind!!

Hopefully this one will change its mind & spare us ALL!

It just never ends this year. How much longer can these keep forming, so quickly.

Thanks for all the storm threads and all your weather maps, Henry. I definitely get more from here than anywhere else.
Thanks Spell. Glad to help....you probably won't be happy hearing this but we have a long way to go to beat 2005.
I'm hoping it will calm down but we are in el Nino....when the Pacific Ocean calms down it escalates in the Atlantic. We are definitely seeing that trend.

"The*2005 Atlantic hurricane season*was the most active*Atlantic hurricane season*in*recorded history, shattering numerous records. The impact of the season was widespread and ruinous with an estimated 3,913*deaths and record damage of about $159.2*billion. Of the storms that made*landfall, five of the season's seven*major hurricanes—Dennis,*Emily,*Katrina,*Rita, and*Wilma—were responsible for most of the destruction."

Total depressions31*(record high)
Total storms28*(record high)
Hurricanes15*(record high)
Major hurricanes (Cat. 3+) 7*(record high, tied with*1961

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Atlantic_hurricane_season

Lol....you taught us well!!! [emoji38]
d1067f242746ebaa7699d62db7d63096.jpg

Oh my god that is funny !!

WHy are yours so neat and tidy?

Why did you not write ICE on it !! Ugh my stepwitch and father are insane with that stuff!

There canned stuff is alpha order .

I use the same strategy as I do with silverware

I look

with my eyes

I assume that is why I have two !

Ha

I still have some in my freezer i just did not want to touch zip lock bags and
I did not put away coolers either became sick of them as well !!

I did not put away lanterns sick of lanturns!

now i aint touching a thing until Jan 2018!

Enough already!

i just remembered I have Coco Puffs -- no milk -- no matter -- MARIA

I am eating some !! I am going to be fat by the end of hurricane season!!

No idea why I am not already!!

Noone is my family is -- think a lot of stuff is genes

time to crack snakel pop !!

oppsss

They are Fruit Loops

I wonder if my fondness of Fruit Loops had some predicative value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god that is funny !!

WHy are yours so neat and tidy?

!

LOL....leaving them in the freezer until January.[emoji38] [emoji300] [emoji301]

11:00 pm NHC update track- "Maria forecast to be a major with possible RI (rapid intensification). She looks to be a threat as she takes almost the same path as Irma through midweek next week. 125mph now expected near PR. Mainland US impacts too far away to guess. Jose could push Atlantic high aside opening the door... or he could race on out of here allowing it to close and push her more west.*"

http://spaghettimodels.com
025a4142ae15ea6265652db2a07aefaa.jpg
5bba660fd4a196451eb58d5b344f0140.jpg
db294bb544f6519aea46173243525ed9.gif

Overnight, the GFS model played "out to sea" while the Euro played " US landfall- specifically South Carolina/North Carolina". I'm sure it will change 50 times between now and then.

The top right spaghetti models show these scenarios. As we know wide diversity means lack of agreement. The lines over the islands are much tighter.

The bottom pics show the island locations on Tuesday/Wednesday for Euro, Canada, and GFS models. We are inside the 5 day cone and the models are more aligned.

http://spaghettimodels.com
cd85e220c7c5e8635eb51533601b202c.jpg

Greetings from Puerto Rico! We're right on the path for Hurricane Maria, just in time for the 19th anniversary of Hurricane George's.

Hurricane Irma just hit us with a few winds and caused a few wrecks. (Some people still don't have electricity or water) if Maria comes, well, say goodbye to the weak and old Power infrastructure.

Only a miracle could save us from this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back