CONVICTION OVERTURNED TX - Clinton Young, convicted of killing Doyle Douglas & Samuel Petrey, Midland Co. in 2001 *guilty*

Denise884

Reaction score
First a little information about Clinton Youngs case:

Classification: Murderer
Characteristics: For the use of their vehicles
Number of victims: 2
Date of murders: November 24-26, 2001
Date of birth: July 19, 1983
Victims profile: Doyle Douglas, 41 / Samuel Petrey, 52
Method of murder: Shooting

attachment.php
Classification: Murderer
Characteristics: For the use of their vehicles
Number of victims: 2
Date of murders: November24-26, 2001
Date of birth: July 19, 1983
Victims profile: Doyle Douglas, 41 / Samuel Petrey, 52
Method of murder: Shooting

Updated 8:20 pm, Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Judge Robert Moore, visiting judge for the 238th District Court, issued a warrant of execution on Monday for Clinton Lee Young, according to the Midland County District Attorney’s Office. The 33-year-old has an execution date of Oct. 26 at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Huntsville Unit.
Young was sentenced to death in 2003 after he was convicted of the 2001 murders of Doyle Douglas and Samuel Petrey for the use of their vehicles.
The men were fatally shot during a crime spree that ended when Midland authorities apprehended Young, according to previous Reporter-Telegram reports.
Douglas, 41, of Ore City was killed near Longview. Petrey, 52, of Eastland was kidnapped in his hometown and killed in an oilfield near Midland, according to the reports. The incidents occurred within a 48-hour period, according to TDCJ records.

Young exhausted his state appeals, according to a Reporter-Telegram report from 2010.
Young, a Titus County native, was being held Tuesday at the Polunsky Unit in Livingston, according to TDCJ records. He is the only Midland County offender on death row, according to the records.
David Lee Page, a co-defendant in the case, is serving a 30-year sentence for aggravated kidnapping. His parole was denied in November, according to TDCJ records.

http://www.mrt.com/news/crime/article/Judge-signs-execution-warrant-for-Clinton-Young-11199490.php
attachment.php

Update:
[FONT=&amp]New evidence in Clinton's case
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]September 16, 2017

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Recently, Clinton's lawyers requested the gloves that were found on the second murder scene to be tested again in order to see if there was gunshot residue on them. This could indicate that they were worn by the shooter.[FONT=&amp]​[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The results came in a few weeks ago. It turns out that the gloves are, in fact, saturated with gunshot residue, including between the fingers where gunshot residue would land if the gloves were worn during the shooting of a gun. David Page admitted to wearing a pair of gloves that were found at the scene. Earlier, his DNA - and not Clinton's - was found inside the gloves. Clinton Young's attorneys have moved the Texas trial court to withdraw the execution warrant based on these results combined with David Page's other admissions: they insist that this new evidence demonstrates that David Page shot Mr. Petrey.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]​[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Based on this new evidence, the judge agreed to a hearing in Clinton's case. This hearing will be held on October 16, just 10 days before the scheduled execution.

^ this is from the website saveaninnocentlife.com i hope thats ok.

Me and many others believe Clinton is innocent. I would love to discuss this case with you and like to know what you think of it. Please let me know if i did something wrong, this is my first time posting a thread.

a little more info: http://www.mrt.com/news/article/Double-murderer-seeks-death-sentence-reversal-7493849.php
[/FONT]

There also is a documentary about his case you can watch online.

[/FONT]

Attachments

• youngclinton.jpg
    youngclinton.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    641.2 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online