Shelley Winters Dead

She was a very talented lady and will be missed.

The world has gained a lot from her talent. God bless her, thru her ups & downs she always had something to contribute for 85 years!

I've alway's love Shelly Winters. Several years back my middle son who live's in Valley in LA ran into her at at some breakfast place and I have a photo of her holding my grandson... Now it's a really special photo. She still looked good ...........older but the same soft features.
Whatta' gal. She'll be missed by many. :blowkiss:
xxxxxxxxoooo
mama

Love_Mama said:
I've alway's love Shelly Winters. Several years back my middle son who live's in Valley in LA ran into her at at some breakfast place and I have a photo of her holding my grandson... Now it's a really special photo. She still looked good ...........older but the same soft features.
Whatta' gal. She'll be missed by many. :blowkiss:
xxxxxxxxoooo
mama

Mama glad to see you back!!!! How was the birthday? :HappyBday

She was very talented. It's hard to be "overweight" and get good parts in movies; that attests to her great appeal and talent. Didn't she have an alcohol problem for a while? I guess she overcame it. She had lots of personality and is one of the old Hollywood Greats.

Shelley was a great actress, and she will indeed be missed. I loved her in The Diary of Anne Frank and in The Poseidon Adventure.

Hey Love Mama !!!!! It's so good to see you back here !

:blowkiss: I missed you so much !

Marthatex said:
She was very talented. It's hard to be "overweight" and get good parts in movies; that attests to her great appeal and talent. Didn't she have an alcohol problem for a while? I guess she overcame it. She had lots of personality and is one of the old Hollywood Greats.
She wasn't always overweight. When she was young, she wa a real looker. I think she used to be Marilyn Monroe's room mate, back when they were first breaking into Hollywood. Here's an early PR shot:
http://www.nndb.com/people/859/000022793/gzrhsw02.jpg

Most people don't know that she was instrumental in helping both Burt Lancaster and Robert DeNiro break into movies. The last movie I saw her in was HEAVY, where she played the tavern-keeper mother of a rather socially regressed (but nice) adult son. (She also supposedly owned a very sweet Boston Terrier in that film that nearly stole the show. )She was one hell of a gal.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Most people don't know that she was instrumental in helping both Burt Lancaster and Robert DeNiro break into movies. The last movie I saw her in was HEAVY, where she played the tavern-keeper mother of a rather socially regressed (but nice) adult son. (She also supposedly owned a very sweet Boston Terrier in that film that nearly stole the show. )She was one hell of a gal.

i didn't know that..about Burt Lancaster..interesting...he's one of my all time favorite actors...i believe his last movie was Atlantic City (maybe it was one of his last movies)....a great movie with him & Susan Sarandon...i bought the movie ages ago, & still play it every now & then...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back