1092 users online (244 members and 848 guests)  

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1350
    Does anyone actually think JC was a CSK victim? I really don’t see it... Do Perthites think the present day in Perth is safer than 80s/90s ? We talk on these threads about a lot of macabre stuff from that time period haha. I never found any part of Perth remotely threatening, but then again I’m a guy. From watching Aussie crime stuff and serial killer cases in the 80s and 90s there were some real nut jobs operating back then in Australia!

I've seen figures from 30m/33m? met, could have been the journalists standing on either the shore or on the groyne and they've taken a wild guess. Too bad we couldn't track the towie down, they'd have the measurement of the line/chain.

Quote Originally Posted by meticulously View Post
    50 metres is one of the top end distances reported, iirc other reports had it at a lesser distance,
    (perhaps as low as 35 metres? Unconfirmed atm)
    Even in a calm ocean i dont think the car could roll into the ocean that far (35m)
    Let alone 50m is not a possibility imo.
    The 2nd and 3rd nights had reasonably calm enough ocean conditions .
    The waves possibly inconsistent enough, so its possible that at times there was gaps between waves .
    To roll unmanned / unwomanned seems less likely to have happened than some other theories such as if a driver Drove the car out into the ocean .

The first night when JC disappeared mon 12:30am was when waves (commonly called) 2.5 metres - 3metres were consistently breaking on the cott beach .
    Its unlikely that it could be driven out into the waves on the 1st night imo .
    It seems that waves push cars in, rather than suck cars out .
    Thats taking into consideration the shape of cottesloe beach as well .
    Links have been provided about the waves .
    Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Pandit View Post
    Hi.

If the car was in neutral when it was found, we could be looking at this type of scenario. If the hill was steep enough someone might just get enough speed up with a bit of a push running along beside keeping it straight (as you would with a one man bump start) but then just let it go and walk away when it got too fast. Maybe it could be done.

Other alternative is to hammer it in driving, top gear second and squealing. Maybe third. Do we even know if was an automatic or a manual?

Thanks Pandit ,
    Agreed that the car would roll down hill fast ,
    but it would take more than rolling fast to get 30m let alone up to 50m off beach in through the water i think ?
    It would be fully submerged fairly soon .

See this 1987 copy from DRT .
    The picture is marked with red, the area where the car most likely was .
    You can see the water is not shallow, north and south of the pylon its fairly deep .

Jmo and also piecing together the news reports to form theories .
    I know Cott beach since the years "85, "86 & "87 when i often went to the beaches from Swanbourne to Cottesloe to bodysurf.
    Also been there quite a few times over the years since .

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks-R-Us View Post
    That's weird - because I also didn't see this post by noname with pic???? I think my Tapatalk app has been playing up, missing posts, and omitting my signature for a few posts!!!! spooky
    Spooks, Pandit - all good, no apologies needed. Simply pointing it out as IMO it appears to happen quite alot.

Interesting to know how fast he was going, were our suspect/s speedway / racing fans?

The longest rally car ramp jump is 81.99 m (269 ft) and was achieved by Travis Pastrana (United States) at the 'RedBull: New Year. No Limits' event, in Long Beach, California, United States, on 31 December 2009. Pastrana jumped in his rally car off the Pine Street Pier onto a floating barge anchored in Long Beach's Rainbow Harbor.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...-car-ramp-jump

Thanks Pandit ,
    Agreed that the car would roll down hill fast ,
    but it would take more than rolling fast to get 30m let alone up to 50m off beach in through the water i think ?
    It would be fully submerged fairly soon .

See this 1987 copy from DRT .
    The picture is marked with red, the area where the car most likely was .
    You can see the water is not shallow, north and south of the pylon its fairly deep .

Jmo and also piecing together the news reports to form theories .
    I know Cott beach since the years "85, "86 & "87 when i often went to the beaches from Swanbourne to Cottesloe to bodysurf.
    Also been there quite a few times over the years since .

So much to see sometimes but there was an issue that was remarked on not long ago, I was being referred to recent posts that I just couldn't find and vice versa. But, we're probably all of us quick scanning sometimes when we do see them and unconsciously storing the information we like. Human beings can be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by no name View Post
    Spooks, Pandit - all good, no apologies needed. Simply pointing it out as IMO it appears to happen quite alot.

Come on - someone must know someone who knows what gear that car was in? If it was in gear, someone had to have been in it when it entered the water or jumped out whilst it was moving. Assuming its a manual of course. Can we draw inference that perhaps it was in gear - considering its obvious the cops thought it was suicide initially & state it was 'driven' into the sea?

Hi Met,

Innderchild's newspaper clipping #1316 has the fiat placed 35 metres out.

50 metres is one of the top end distances reported, iirc other reports had it at a lesser distance,
    (perhaps as low as 35 metres? Unconfirmed atm)
    Even in a calm ocean i dont think the car could roll into the ocean that far (35m)
    Let alone 50m is not a possibility imo.
    The 2nd and 3rd nights had reasonably calm enough ocean conditions .
    The waves possibly inconsistent enough, so its possible that at times there was gaps between waves .
    To roll unmanned / unwomanned seems less likely to have happened than some other theories such as if a driver Drove the car out into the ocean .

The first night when JC disappeared mon 12:30am was when waves (commonly called) 2.5 metres - 3metres were consistently breaking on the cott beach .
    Its unlikely that it could be driven out into the waves on the 1st night imo .
    It seems that waves push cars in, rather than suck cars out .
    Thats taking into consideration the shape of cottesloe beach as well .
    Links have been provided about the waves .
    Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Pandit View Post
    Hi Met,

Innderchild's newspaper clipping #1316 has the fiat placed 35 metres out.
    Also, I think it's possible if the car didn't go out as far as the pylon that the cylindrical type dents may be the fiat tipped side down, rubbing and pushing up against a sand bank.

Would that be reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
    Domestic flights out of Perth you can still travel under any name. There are no ID checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This isn't correct. There are ID checks at check-in or baggage drop points. I don't think they're as formal about it as international flights, and it may depend on the carrier (eg Qantas vs Tiger) and how busy things are. But I've definitely had my ID checked on a Perth to Sydney flight and a Perth to Adelaide flight.

Tide for fremantle june 1988.
    Using a graph picture format might help us all see that the tides were not big .
    The high tide was roughly around mid morning .
    The low tide around abouts the early night.
    All 3 days are a similar tide band .
    It was a Neap tide, when the movement is at the small end of the spectrum.

Ive screen shot and then put one day on top of the next day in 2 tide graph pictures .

One picture has four different days of tide, 19th-22nd

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=23

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=19

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=20

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=21

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=22

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/l...=1988&m=6&d=23

This is an example of the bigger end of the tide size range , for the june lunar/tide cycle.
    This is called a spring tide, during new moon .
    A week before JC'S dissappeared this is the tide on 13th and 14th june.

So one week before JC'S disappearance the tide was a bigger movement .
    example shown in this graph picture .

Compare the size difference to the 21st and 22nd june 1988 .

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/c...=1988&m=6&d=13

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost View Post
    This isn't correct. There are ID checks at check-in or baggage drop points. I don't think they're as formal about it as international flights, and it may depend on the carrier (eg Qantas vs Tiger) and how busy things are. But I've definitely had my ID checked on a Perth to Sydney flight and a Perth to Adelaide flight.
    If your travelling domestically with hand luggage only & you check yourself in online, the chances of being asked for ID at the gate are incredibly slim despite there being a requirement for them to do so. Any attendance at a checkin or baggage check counter should incur an ID check absolutely, unless they forget for some reason. They are forbidden to present a boarding pass or attach luggage to an unidentified passenger.
    Paper tickets had few ID checks. The start of e tkts meant the named passenger had to at least present themselves with ID to checkin to obtain a boarding pass. The introduction of self checkin has made it much easier to travel anonymously again..
    Last edited by no name; 10-23-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by no name View Post
    If your travelling domestically with hand luggage only you check yourself in online, the chances of being asked for ID at the gate are incredibly slim. Any attendance at a checkin or baggage check counter should incur an ID check absolutely, unless they forget for some reason. They are forbidden to present a boarding pass or attach luggage to an unidentified passenger.
    Not true. Virgin flights out of Perth have self check in kiosks and you print your own boarding pass and bag tags then carry your bags over and check the bags in yourself. Have done it 3 times in the last fortnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread is now closed.

Thread #18 is now open for posting. Please continue discussion there.

Last edited by sillybilly; 10-23-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90