IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriffs Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #50
Thread #51
Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58
Thread #59
Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62
Thread #63
Thread #64
Thread #65
Thread #66
Thread #67

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case.

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Most recent UPDATES

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing over since the thread closed after I posted:

Putting this up for any newcomers and any who would like a quick refresher.
The initial press conference link:

[video=youtube;P1uSKrtYdDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1uSKrtYdDw[/video]

What the FBI asked people to watch for:

"If a person started abusing drugs, if a sleep pattern has changed - any indication like that taken on its own doesn't mean a thing, but when it's put into a broader context of timing and location, maybe," said FBI Special Agent in Charge Greg Massa.
The FBI is looking for anyone who:

• Changed their appearance; cut their hair or drastically changed the way they dress
  • Started abusing drugs or alcohol when they wouldn't have beforehand
  • Has become anxious or irritable
  • Has followed this case and what the media is releasing with a sense that is "not normal"
  • Has a different sleep pattern now
  • Has been having ongoing conversations about where they were on Feb. 13
  • Traveled unexpectedly after Feb. 13
  • Canceled an appointment around Feb. 13
  • Called in sick to work or suddenly skipped a social engagement

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-67&p=13648600#post13648600

I hope the post comes over from thread 67 ok.

I talk to my college aged daughter all of the time about getting a picture of the license plate. I even talk to her about this case.

One day she was walking home from work in broad daylight when she was approached by a man who tried to lure her into his car. She did in fact get a picture of his license plate, however it was too far away for LE to be able to see it clearly. I had a friend enhance the photo to try to read the plate number, but was unable to. However, that friend said, Hey, did you know he was looking back at your daughter in his rear view mirror?

She was safe because she walked to a safe place~~the local fire station, which was right down the street.

All this time, I thought she was never listening to me. Yeah mom, that happens somewhere else, it doesn't happen here, blah, blah, blah. BUT~~she was in fact listening and I'm very proud of her and her actions. Talk to your kids, it's THAT important.

Let's hope for more information from LE.
Has john Walsh picked up on this story yet?

Gah, thread 68... :(

Where is this monster?!?!

I feel the same way margarita25 it is so frustrating we all want this monster off the streets ASAP. I hope he knows law enforcement and all of us will never give up hunting him down.

Seven months after the murders of two Delphi teens, their families were shocked to find several people aren&#8217;t aware of the case, despite constant media attention.

To help spread the word about the suspect on the loose, the families of Abby Williams and Libby German, along with neighbors, have brainstormed ideas &#8211; outside of social media &#8211; to help police find the killer.

Becky, the grandmother of German, said she was stunned to find those living less than 30 miles from their community had no idea about the case.

&#8220;My niece works in an office and some people don't know about it,&#8221; said Becky. &#8220;That's in Lafayette. Just down the road &#8211; 18 miles.&#8221;

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...delphi-teens-begin-new-efforts-to-find-killer

Seven months after the murders of two Delphi teens, their families were shocked to find several people aren&#8217;t aware of the case, despite constant media attention.

To help spread the word about the suspect on the loose, the families of Abby Williams and Libby German, along with neighbors, have brainstormed ideas &#8211; outside of social media &#8211; to help police find the killer.

Becky, the grandmother of German, said she was stunned to find those living less than 30 miles from their community had no idea about the case.

&#8220;My niece works in an office and some people don't know about it,&#8221; said Becky. &#8220;That's in Lafayette. Just down the road &#8211; 18 miles.&#8221;

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...delphi-teens-begin-new-efforts-to-find-killer
Everyone should know about this case. Flyers should be in every gas station and fastfood restaurant in Indianna. Lets add buses and supermarkets to the list.
Someone knows him.
The above is a way to get the word out to those who have not seen the news.
I would help in this effort if I lived there. Im on the East Coast.

Restaurants, gas stations, big box stores, ect have main offices. The main offices should be able to get these flyers out to their businesses.
I feel like alot more can be done.
I dont think billboards, a good thing, is enough.
The drivers only get to see them for a split second.
Its not enough time.

New here...could some one bring me up to speed on the white van thing and also the report of someone being asked for directions to the park by a stranger that day?

Everyone should know about this case. Flyers should be in every gas station and fastfood restaurant in Indianna. Lets add buses and supermarkets to the list.
Someone knows him.

It&#8217;s the biggest problem with this case if you don&#8217;t live in Delphi and like most people nowadays don&#8217;t watch the news, the chances are you would have no idea about it. I live in Scotland and only know about it because of Websleuths. It has been in the newspapers here in the U.K a little bit in the days immediately after the tragedy happened but not anymore.

We can&#8217;t let this case go cold and become another file in a police station filing cabinet. I would love a social media campaign to be launched for the case where people would tweet the sketch and/or post it with a useful hashtag. Surely it must be possible to get a tv network onboard with a segment to achieve this.

New here...could some one bring me up to speed on the white van thing and also the report of someone being asked for directions to the park by a stranger that day?
There was mention of a man offering kids candy. He owns a van. I dont recall hearing anything about directions.
There is alot of info about this case on youtube.
Including uploads from some of the locals.

Someone knows him.

He could be too (on the East Coast, or elsewhere/beyond...); who really knows? More and more I learn about how much/ often some predators/ SK's travel.

Baby Grace just popped in my head...her grandmother lived out of State and saw a news story, iirc...so all eyes and ears are apparently needed, far and wide...

Welcome BobA. White van is off the table as per Mod Tlcya post at end of last thread. Haven't heard anything about the other thing.

The problem is, even if you flood the area with missing posters, and the tv and radio does non-stop reports about the case, there are always going to be people who pay no attention to it. It is very frustrating because those same apathetic people may be related to or living next door to the killer.

Seven months after the murders of two Delphi teens, their families were shocked to find several people aren’t aware of the case, despite constant media attention.

To help spread the word about the suspect on the loose, the families of Abby Williams and Libby German, along with neighbors, have brainstormed ideas – outside of social media – to help police find the killer.

“My niece works in an office and some people don't know about it,” said Becky. “That's in Lafayette. Just down the road – 18 miles.”

bbm
This is terrible. I am across the Pacific Ocean, and I heard (read) about it within the first two or three days. (And not even on WS, mind.)
The DailyMail often gets a lot of flack, but they sure do get a lot of stories out that many folks may not hear of otherwise. (Now if we could just get rid of that ridiculous sidebar...)

Today should be the day! However, other cases recently carried to resolution (like the conviction in Holly Bobo's case, for one, and I have been noticing others ...) reminds me that although this has been > 7 longs months of frustration, often successful convictions do take longer than that to come to fruition.
Maybe Dr OZ, when it airs, will fan out to other media outlets as a copied story. Maybe other shows will find it something they want to do a piece on too. I liked someone here's idea about tweeting the story and pics to newsrooms, magazines, newspapers, etc and maybe some will pick it up. Wouldn't someone like Mark Klaas have some good tips on how to spread the word most efficiently? Would John Walsh have access to resources he could suggest or even send the families' way?
I realize, sadly, there are many cases out there, but given Libby's presence of mind to record this evidence, I wish someone in a position to do so would lend us their backing to get the word out!

Today should be the day! However, other cases recently carried to resolution (like the conviction in Holly Bobo's case, for one, and I have been noticing others ...) reminds me that although this has been > 7 longs months of frustration, often successful convictions do take longer than that to come to fruition.
Maybe Dr OZ, when it airs, will fan out to other media outlets as a copied story. Maybe other shows will find it something they want to do a piece on too. I liked someone here's idea about tweeting the story and pics to newsrooms, magazines, newspapers, etc and maybe some will pick it up. Wouldn't someone like Mark Klaas have some good tips on how to spread the word most efficiently? Would John Walsh have access to resources he could suggest or even send the families' way?
I realize, sadly, there are many cases out there, but given Libby's presence of mind to record this evidence, I wish someone in a position to do so would lend us their backing to get the word out!

More definitely needs to be done by people who can help, the girls families are doing all they can. They badly need a helping hand from someone who cares. You would hope there would be more concern that a man is out there that killed two innocent teenage girls, a monster that can kill again anywhere in America at anytime.

We had a case here in Ontario (Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka).

Bernardo started out as a vicious serial rapist. He left DNA. DNA was collected and it sat and it sat and it sat for Lord knows how long but he continued to rape and then moved on to kidnapping, rape and murder. It was horrible.

He was nicknamed the "Scarborough Rapist". A composite sketch was everywhere. People called in about him! He was interviewed, GAVE A SAMPLE, and allowed to leave. The sketch was dead on.

That sample sat and sat and sat until one day they finally did the testing and were able to put 2 and 2 together.

His picture was out there, we all saw it, his car was described, billboards were everywhere. There were witness who saw Kristen French being kidnapped.

It still took years to finally nail the SOB and you know what. The DNA nailed him for the Scarborough rapes, He was arrested and then KARLA turned on him because he beat her up and a DIFFERENT police force who were handling the murders were kinda left out until Karla spilled her guts. She was also VERY involved and was trying to save her own neck.

The reason I'm posting this is because there could be something similar going on here. If there is more than one Police Force involved, information may not be shared. I am convinced that someone other than BG knows about this and isn't coming forward. I am convinced that his name has already crossed LE's desk and at some point he will be identified and caught but I see this taking quite some time.

They need a break and it hasn't come yet.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member