Hugh Heffner Has Passed Away

He sure lived a long and interesting life! RIP Mr. Hefner.

Hugh Hefner, Playboy Magazine Mogul, Dies at 91

by Erik Ortiz and Alex Johnson

LOS ANGELES — Hugh Hefner, who built Playboy into a multimillion-dollar adult magazine and entertainment empire tied to a Lothario lifestyle of lavish parties and beautiful women, died Wednesday at his home, the iconic Playboy Mansion in Hollywood, Playboy Enterprises Inc. said. He was 91.

Hefner's magazine brought female nudity out of bachelor parties and into living rooms, and it played a leading role in the sexual revolution of the 1960s. His tinseled soirées at his exclusive Los Angeles pad became the stuff of legend, filled with celebrity friends and scantily clad models. Hefner often worked the room in a red smoking jacket with a pipe hanging from his mouth...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/hugh-hefner-playboy-magazine-mogul-dies-91-n657521

Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner dies at 91

Los Angeles — Hugh Hefner turned silk pajamas into a work uniform, women into centerfolds and sexual desire into a worldwide multimedia empire that spanned several generations of American life.

With Playboy, he helped slip sex out of the confines of plain brown wrappers and into mainstream conversation.
In 1953, a time when states could legally ban contraceptives and the word “pregnant” was not allowed on “I Love Lucy,” Hefner published the first issue of Playboy, featuring naked photos of Marilyn Monroe and an editorial promise of “humor, sophistication and spice.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ob...efner-playboy-magazine-mansion-sex/106067830/

It really is all about the articles.

10 Iconic 'Playboy' Articles Everyone Should Know, Because You Actually CAN Read It Just For The Articles

Some big names and great work on that list.

John Lennon's Playboy interviews are a must read for any Beatles fan.

And here's the article that led to the first and only time an issue of Playboy was hidden away in my locker:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High Excerpts

In the fall of 1979, the author [Cameron Crowe] returned to a high school he had attended briefly some years back. He registered as a student under an assumed name with the cooperation of the principal, who was the only one to know the secret. Because of his youthful appearance, he was never under suspicion and was able to mingle freely in the classrooms, the schoolyard, the students’ homes and the fast-food parlors that were the focus of the lives of the kids in a typical town in California. The author has changed the name of the school, its location and the names of the students and teachers with whom he lived. The events and the dialog, however, are real.

RIP Mr. Hefner.

After Hugh Hefner’s Death, What Will Happen to the Playboy Mansion?
by Erik Ortiz

Hugh Hefner's swinging Los Angeles party pad will be forever remembered as the Playboy Mansion, where the adult entertainment mogul worked and played for more than 45 years.

But the fate of the hedonistic haven following the 91-year-old Playboy founder’s death on Wednesday is now in the hands of its current owner — Hefner's next-door neighbor...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...eath-what-will-happen-playboy-mansion-n805446

It really is all about the articles.

10 Iconic 'Playboy' Articles Everyone Should Know, Because You Actually CAN Read It Just For The Articles

Some big names and great work on that list.

John Lennon's Playboy interviews are a must read for any Beatles fan.

And here's the article that led to the first and only time an issue of Playboy was hidden away in my locker:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High Excerpts

RIP Mr. Hefner.

Playboy had excellent interviews, partly because they chose interesting people to be the interviewers. They were long interviews and they allowed the interviewee to discuss things freely, change the subject, ramble on, etc. It wasn't a PR exercise to promote a movie, album or new book. The John Lennon one was and is legendary. Thanks for the reminder, I'd love to go back and re-read some of those.

In college, I was never too interested in sports. So when I'd go with my boyfriend and our friends to someone's apartment to watch some big game, I would look around for the latest Playboy (the guys always had them, usually the only reading material outside of Lord of the Rings or Carlos Castenada) and read the latest interview. Kept me entertained.

Playboy also had amazing art by Adam Hughes, Donato Giancola, and a plethora of other incredible artists. RIP Hef :(

The man who normalized objectification and exploitation of women, brought *advertiser censored* into the mainstream.

Sorry, can't mourn any loss here.

After Hugh Hefner’s Death, What Will Happen to the Playboy Mansion?
by Erik Ortiz

Hugh Hefner's swinging Los Angeles party pad will be forever remembered as the Playboy Mansion, where the adult entertainment mogul worked and played for more than 45 years.

But the fate of the hedonistic haven following the 91-year-old Playboy founder’s death on Wednesday is now in the hands of its current owner — Hefner's next-door neighbor...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...eath-what-will-happen-playboy-mansion-n805446

I was really glad to read the animals will get to stay at the mansion.

The women who posed in Playboy magazine had the freedom to chose to not pose.

which animals

The Playboy mansion has a small licenced zoo with exotic birds and other magnificent animals like monkeys. The new owner wants to keep them where they are which is good for their wellbeing.

The man who normalized objectification and exploitation of women, brought *advertiser censored* into the mainstream.

Sorry, can't mourn any loss here.

I missed this post, thank you isn't enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back