Found Safe OH - Jacob Caldwell, 14, Sugarcreek Township, 21 Aug 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Teen went missing days after seeing father fatally shot in Riverside

Sugarcreek Twp. poilce are looking for Jacob Caldwell, the son of Robert Caldwell, who was fatally shot the afternoon of Aug. 15 outside an office building at Linden Avenue and Woodman Drive.

Jacob is listed as an “endangered runaway” missing since Aug. 21.

The blond-haired, blue-eyed teenager, along with his two brothers, witnessed the fatal shooting.

Sugarcreek Twp. Detective Lesley Stayer said they are concerned for Jacob’s welfare because he was a witness to his father’s slaying and it’s not known how he is processing that event.

Custody of Caldwell’s children was given to the grandparents, who reported that Jacob ran away Aug. 21.

Detective Stayer said Thomas lost custody of her children prior to the fatal shooting and she is not cooperating with their efforts to find Jacob.

He stated the boy’s mother has been uncooperative in the ongoing search for her son, and police believe there is someone helping Jacob Caldwell stay hidden.

More at link-
http://www.whio.com/news/local/teen...hot-riverside/M1Z5xqEqDvv4EkcyRwZgNI/amp.html

ETA-
The suspect in the case, Sterling H. Roberts, 34, is in custody awaiting extradition from South Carolina, where he fled from Ohio authorities.

c459fbcbff1cce3a8e081e2692261748.jpg

Poor kids having to see that.
[FONT=&quot]Jacob Caldwell’s grandparents last saw him on August 21st and police have video of him outside of a Walmart in Sugarcreek Township on the night of August 21.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We did see him in front of the Walmart, walking around. It gives us an impression that he was waiting for a ride,” said Chief Michael Brown of the Sugarcreek Township Police."[/FONT]
http://wdtn.com/2017/09/28/14-year-old-goes-missing-shortly-after-witnessing-his-fathers-murder/

Not sure about posting information on the death of his father? but mod feel free to remove it if it's against the rules.And sorry for double posting.

[FONT=&quot]Riverside Police Chief Frank Robbinson said Thursday the U.S. Marshal Service has joined the hunt for 34-year-old, Sterling Roberts of Dayton in relation to the Tuesday homicide that killed 35-year-old Robert Lee Caldwell of Beavercreek Township.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roberts is suspected of shooting Caldwell multiple times in front of his three children. Caldwell recently gained custody of his children.Investigators would not say what led up to the shooting or what Caldwell was doing in the parking lot during the time of the shooting.
[/FONT]
http://wdtn.com/2017/08/17/riverside-police-looking-for-man-suspected-of-shooting-father-of-three/

If he was picked up at the wallmart where he was last seen, it would roughly be a 25-minute drive to where the body was found. Hoping it isn't Jacob and he can go back home to his grandparents.

Yes, I think it's unlikely to be Jacob and I hope he is safe. It's concerning, however, because the man wanted for killing his father is from Dayton.

the (sadly, dead) father had just gotten custody and the mom is now not cooperating with the search to find her son?

Ummm... ok then.

Court records show Roberts had a daughter in May 2016 with a former girlfriend, who is Caldwell’s ex-wife.
http://www.whio.com/news/local/cour...tal-criminal-problems/uipP5n4Lkw3cDGXx1EuxIP/

I don't know if that means they were still together or not though.

I find it odd that Jacob ran away a few days after his dad was killed, but they aren't reporting it until over a month later.

When I heard the news report, I got the feeling they suspect he may not have run away on his own. I can't substantiate that because it's just a feeling.

UPDATE: Ex-wife, 5 others indicted in 2017 killing of Beavercreek man

[....]

Those indicted in connection to Robert Caldwell’s death include Sterling H. Roberts, 34, and Tawnney M. Caldwell, 33, of Centerville, both charged with murder; Chance P. Deakin, 25, of Dayton; Christopher C. Roberts, 30, of Dayton; James T. Harmon, 55, of Burlington, Ky.; and Chandra D. Harmon, 54, of Burlington, Ky., according to a media release.

There’s a $15,000 reward to locate Jacob Lee Caldwell. Call 937-310-3200 or visit online at tips.fbi.gov if you have information on his whereabouts.

[....]

http://www.whio.com/news/local/indi...lling-beavercreek-man/mDiP4N5q6uZL5AvaJRfLkK/

UPDATE: Ex-wife, 5 others indicted in 2017 killing of Beavercreek man

[....]

Those indicted in connection to Robert Caldwell’s death include Sterling H. Roberts, 34, and Tawnney M. Caldwell, 33, of Centerville, both charged with murder; Chance P. Deakin, 25, of Dayton; Christopher C. Roberts, 30, of Dayton; James T. Harmon, 55, of Burlington, Ky.; and Chandra D. Harmon, 54, of Burlington, Ky., according to a media release.

There’s a $15,000 reward to locate Jacob Lee Caldwell. Call 937-310-3200 or visit online at tips.fbi.gov if you have information on his whereabouts.

[....]

http://www.whio.com/news/local/indi...lling-beavercreek-man/mDiP4N5q6uZL5AvaJRfLkK/

I just came here to post this, thanks for updating us Pink. What a story. Also, I have only just came across Jacob's story.

So, his siblings are still with the grandparents? This is awfully complicated story. I hope he is safe wherever he is.

I initially figured they thought he'd been killed, but his siblings witnessed the murder as well.
Very odd. Hopefully now that everyone has been arrested he will feel safe coming back.

I initially figured they thought he'd been killed, but his siblings witnessed the murder as well.
Very odd. Hopefully now that everyone has been arrested he will feel safe coming back.

Sadly, I still think there is a possibility that the family members that killed his Dad, eventually got rid of him too, because he may have known too much?

I hope you are right, and i am wrong---and he does feel safe enough to come home to his siblings.

This case was featured on LIVE PD last night. What a heartbreaking situation. I pray that he is still alive and feels safe enough to come back now that arrests have been made.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

My heart goes out to all of the children for having to witness such a thing! Prayers for Jacob to be safe and sound- how scary to watch your father get killed like that. I just don't now where this poor kid could be that would be safe, especially with five of them arrested for his father's murder. Unfortunately, I think one of them at least killed him as well. What a sick bunch they are, doing that in front of his children!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back