FL FL - Paul Allard, 14, Miami, 30 Aug 1976

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1310dmfl.html[/size][/font]

PAAllard.jpg
PAAllard1.jpg

Left: Allard, year unknown; Right: Age-progression

Paul Allen Allard
Missing since August 30, 1976 from Miami, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: May 10, 1962
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes.
* Marks, Scars: Paul's left hand was taped due to an injury.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Allard went missing on August 30, 1976 while visiting relatives in Miami, Florida. He may have been attempting to travel back home to Connecticut when he disappeared.

That's great! I hope his family can get the answers the need. It seems like he might have been homesick, I wonder if he got impatient and started to hitchhike?

Arrangements had been made to pick him up, but it is possible he decided to hitchhike.

He was visiting relatives and called mom, and said he wanted to come home. Is it possible some trouble crossed his path and he was trying to get out of Florida... but too late?

At 14 he was old enough to have met some rough characters, yet still a kid, so he may have quickly got in too deep....

Just speculating on my part though....

This kind of reminds me of the Connie Smith case. Kid is unhappy where is s/he is and takes off on his/her own and is never seen again.

I'm thinking that for a kid to strike off on his own like that rather than wait for a prearranged ride, things must have been pretty bad where he was. Have the relatives been investigated or ruled out?

Also, how about involvement by John Rodney McRae? He was the killer suspected in the disappearances of some other Florida boys around that time, Keith Fleming, Charles Collingwood, and Kipling Hess.

I'm sorry, but I gre up in Miami-Dade, and there was no way in Heck my folks would have let me walk along Bird road and 112th alone! That was a rough area at one time. It could be possible that he just wanted to fade into the woodwork, drop off the radar. I still hope that they can find him or what happend to him.

Mr. E said:
This kind of reminds me of the Connie Smith case. Kid is unhappy where is s/he is and takes off on his/her own and is never seen again.

I'm thinking that for a kid to strike off on his own like that rather than wait for a prearranged ride, things must have been pretty bad where he was. Have the relatives been investigated or ruled out?

Also, how about involvement by John Rodney McRae? He was the killer suspected in the disappearances of some other Florida boys around that time, Keith Fleming, Charles Collingwood, and Kipling Hess.
That's the first name that came to mind when I read the first post. McRae moved to Florida in '75 after finishing his prison sentence/parole for the 1950 murder of Joey Housey. He was working as a prison guard (good job for someone who spent twenty years in prison for sexually torturing and murdering a 12 year-old) then he got a job working at a detention facility for youthful offenders.
He was convicted in '98 for the murder of 15 year-old Randy Laufer, and died in prison last year.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/8umla.html

PAAllard.jpg
8UMLA.jpg

Paul on left, John Doe on right

Unidentified White Male

* Found in Saint Helena Parish, near Greensburg, Louisiana on November 17, 1979.
* Cause of death was strangulation.
* Estimated Date of Death: Up to 5 days prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 19 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, blonde hair and blue, green or grey eyes.
* Marks, Scars, Tattoos: The victim had an "x" or "+" tattooed on his left hand between his thumb and index finger. A vertical surgical scar was present at the top of his navel, which measured three inches in length. The victim also had a prominent scar on his right hand beginning at the knuckle of his middle finger and ending at the knuckle of his pinkie finger which measured 2.5 inches. His left ear lobe was pierced.
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing: He wore shoes that were too big and on the wrong feet, oversized pants, a black T-shirt with the words Sex is better than weed if you have the right pusher on the back and a demon on the front with the slogan Sworn to fun, loyal to none.
* Fingerprints: Available. The NCIC fingerprint class is POPIPMPMPOPIPMPIPIPI
* Other: Police think his name or nickname was Jimmy.

Case History
The victim was found by deer hunters in St. Helena Parish woods on November 17, 1979. The victim was discovered bound and strangled. He was hog-tied with his hands and feet behind his back. A rope ran from his hands and feet to his neck; when the victim struggled, the rope constricted and caused his death.
Investigators showed a picture of the body around the French Quarter of New Orleans, where some people said he looked familiar but nobody could provide a positive identification.
Two other bodies, one found near Abita Springs, another near Gulfport, Mississippi, may be linked to the case. Both were found in 1978 in remote woods. One victim was tied identically the way this victim was tied; the other, similarly.
The Abita Springs victim was identified as Dennis Turcotte, 22; the Gulfport victim was Raymond Mark Richardson, 17. The similarities in the three cases would indicate that a serial killer was at work in the region in the late 1970s. The victims all were found in desolate areas bound in similar fashion, all were in their teens, slightly built, and all had similar facial features and hair styles. At one time, all three were thought to have lived in the New Orleans area and had ties to the French Quarter or hung out there. They may have been "street kids," possibly male prostitutes. Turcotte and Richardson worked at the same restaurant in the French Quarter, Jimmy's Coney Island Hot Dog Stand on Royal Street.

Possible Match?:
1. There is a resemblence between the two photographs.
2. Paul went missing in August 1976, John Doe is estimated to have died in November of 1979. Not an impossible timeframe as we don't know the reason Paul went missing.
3. Paul would have been 17 in 1979. John Doe is estimated to be 15-19.
4. Paul was 5'4" and could have grown to 5'5" to match John Doe in 3 yrs.
5. Both have blonde hair and blue eyes.
6. Paul disappeared from Florida and John Doe was found in Louisianna... Different states but still in the same corner of the U.S..

***IF this is Paul and he either ran away, or was abducted, then "turned out" this lifestyle would probably be the only way he could survive. The Tattos and ear piercing could have come later. The surgical scar is interesting - it too could have come later... wonder what the surgury was for?

I have emailed the Miami-Dade Missing Person's Division the above information.

I am suprised the oldest missing child case only goes to 1976.

I ran away at 11 and ended up with 2 girlfriends with 2 adult guys that picked us up. My father drove 400 miles to get me as the police would not.
That day the guys were basically holding us hostage and talking about taking us to an island we could not get off of. Thank God my Dad and older brother came and got me. I have a feeling they would have found my bones on that island.
I did a stupid thing and fell right into 2 predators hands. Both girls were older than me and 1 became pregnant from the men.
I am thankful I had a dad that stepped up to the plate and went the extra mile when police would do nothing. I sure didn't have the brains to help myself. I only realised I was in danger. But I could not get to a phone or leave.

Becba how wonderful that you were rescued!!!!

Glad your dad was there for you!!!!!

blowkises.gif

I wonder if this case might be related to that of Dorothy Delilah Schofield Missing since July 22, 1976 from Ocala, FL (see separate thread this forum).

Dorothy disappeared only a month prior to Paul's disappearance. Ages were close, even some similarities in description and circumstance.

Ocala is north of Miami, but would have been on the route of anyone traveling to Miami from states further north.

PonderingThings said:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/8umla.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/PAAllard.jpghttp://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/8UMLA.jpg
Paul on left, John Doe on right

Unidentified White Male

* Found in Saint Helena Parish, near Greensburg, Louisiana on November 17, 1979.
* Cause of death was strangulation.
* Estimated Date of Death: Up to 5 days prior to discovery.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15 - 19 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, blonde hair and blue, green or grey eyes.
* Marks, Scars, Tattoos: The victim had an "x" or "+" tattooed on his left hand between his thumb and index finger. A vertical surgical scar was present at the top of his navel, which measured three inches in length. The victim also had a prominent scar on his right hand beginning at the knuckle of his middle finger and ending at the knuckle of his pinkie finger which measured 2.5 inches. His left ear lobe was pierced.
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing: He wore shoes that were too big and on the wrong feet, oversized pants, a black T-shirt with the words Sex is better than weed if you have the right pusher on the back and a demon on the front with the slogan Sworn to fun, loyal to none.
* Fingerprints: Available. The NCIC fingerprint class is POPIPMPMPOPIPMPIPIPI
* Other: Police think his name or nickname was Jimmy.

Case History
The victim was found by deer hunters in St. Helena Parish woods on November 17, 1979. The victim was discovered bound and strangled. He was hog-tied with his hands and feet behind his back. A rope ran from his hands and feet to his neck; when the victim struggled, the rope constricted and caused his death.
Investigators showed a picture of the body around the French Quarter of New Orleans, where some people said he looked familiar but nobody could provide a positive identification.
Two other bodies, one found near Abita Springs, another near Gulfport, Mississippi, may be linked to the case. Both were found in 1978 in remote woods. One victim was tied identically the way this victim was tied; the other, similarly.
The Abita Springs victim was identified as Dennis Turcotte, 22; the Gulfport victim was Raymond Mark Richardson, 17. The similarities in the three cases would indicate that a serial killer was at work in the region in the late 1970s. The victims all were found in desolate areas bound in similar fashion, all were in their teens, slightly built, and all had similar facial features and hair styles. At one time, all three were thought to have lived in the New Orleans area and had ties to the French Quarter or hung out there. They may have been "street kids," possibly male prostitutes. Turcotte and Richardson worked at the same restaurant in the French Quarter, Jimmy's Coney Island Hot Dog Stand on Royal Street.

Possible Match?:
1. There is a resemblence between the two photographs.
2. Paul went missing in August 1976, John Doe is estimated to have died in November of 1979. Not an impossible timeframe as we don't know the reason Paul went missing.
3. Paul would have been 17 in 1979. John Doe is estimated to be 15-19.
4. Paul was 5'4" and could have grown to 5'5" to match John Doe in 3 yrs.
5. Both have blonde hair and blue eyes.
6. Paul disappeared from Florida and John Doe was found in Louisianna... Different states but still in the same corner of the U.S..

***IF this is Paul and he either ran away, or was abducted, then "turned out" this lifestyle would probably be the only way he could survive. The Tattos and ear piercing could have come later. The surgical scar is interesting - it too could have come later... wonder what the surgury was for?

I have emailed the Miami-Dade Missing Person's Division the above information.
Could this be a match? The injuries to the hands are reported to be Left for Paul, right for victim. I know these things have gotten messed up before in reports . . .

Paul Allen Allard
Missing since August 30, 1976 from Miami, Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 10, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Paul's left hand was taped due to an injury. The injury to Paul's left hand was so severe, he was scheduled to have two of his fingers amputated when he returned home. He has a scar on right hand.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Allard went missing on August 30, 1976 while visiting relatives in Miami, Florida. He had called his mother to tell her he wanted to come home. They made plans for an uncle to pick him up.

On that same day, Allard walked along Bird Road near 112th Avenue, headed for a 7-Eleven store. He never got there. He may have been attempting to travel back home to Connecticut when he disappeared. Investigators beleive he was abducted.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

East Hartford Police Department
860-528-4401
Or
Miami-Dade County Police Department
Domestic Crimes Bureau
305-418-7200
Email: dcbinfo@mdpd.com

Agency Case Number: PD051123168830

NCMEC #:NCMC600069

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Local 10 News
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
Department of Law Enforcement
The Doe Network: Case File 1310DMFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1310dmfl.html

While it's possible that's a match, I think it's incredibly unlikely a 14 year old boy would only grow an inch or so in three years. It's much more likely he would have grown 5 or more inches in that time frame.

Maybe at 17 Amy doesn't count as a child.

Frankly I doubt any case from the 1970s is Miami's oldest. If you go through old records you find dozens of missing child cases that were simply forgotten about. Leigh Savoie comes to mind. In the late nineties, early 2000s, his mom asked the cops what was being done, and it turned out his case had been forgotten entirely, all records thrown out.

Frankly I doubt any case from the 1970s is Miami's oldest.

The article actually says "one of the oldest cases" but it may just be media exaggeration, indeed I would bet a year's sal... err make that $20 that there are missing children cases in Dade County dating back from the 1930's and 40's, when Miami was developing into a really big town. If there aren't then Miami would be the only city of such size without any which is statistically unlikely.

Is it possible he was struck by a vehicle, buried, and no relatives located? That's exactly what happened in the case of Tommie Ray Wheaton-Staley at www.doenetwork.org Solved Cases. Is it possible there was no communication between LE and this young man had this happened? LE there where Tommy died had no clue of it. It's time to start checkin cememeteries for John Does from that year, that county, and surrounding counties. LE may not have even tried to find him, in the case of Tommie. Yeah, knowing what I know about how LE handles missing persons, anything is possible! Jo Layne

Arrangements had been made to pick him up, but it is possible he decided to hitchhike.

He was visiting relatives and called mom, and said he wanted to come home. Is it possible some trouble crossed his path and he was trying to get out of Florida... but too late?

At 14 he was old enough to have met some rough characters, yet still a kid, so he may have quickly got in too deep....

Just speculating on my part though....

Bump

This week marks 36 years that Paul has been missing. Come home soon.

I just wanted to note on the thread that in one of the articles I read about Paul said that the reason his case is considered the oldest missing persons case in Miami is that they didn't keep the missing reports from before IIRC 1978. They have Paul's IIRC because his family is still looking for him and contacted them.

At least that is what I took from reading.

It's a shame really. I wonder how many other missing children aren't listed because they didn't keep the files and the information wasn't logged somewhere else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back